Rodeomom

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby katesmom » October 10th, 2007, 2:49 am

Good Morning !
Thanks for your pm..I will write back when I have a few minutes...Have to hit the showers...Early morning meeting at the school that I work in...

Great news about the AE experience !! You go girl !!! You walk around with that tank top on in front of your Mom !! Hee hee !!

Have a great day !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 10th, 2007, 6:26 am

bikipatra wrote:Congrats! Just don't go out and buy 41 tank tops. They might put you on certain medications.... :lol:

AWW man, that was the exact number I wanted too. Shucks! No, actually, I only bought one, but I think they were considering the medications anyway because of my response to buying a $3 tank top.

Hey Soujourner - I thought the same thing about my mom. I suppose she means well, but she has always had a really bad way of showing her love.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sojourner » October 10th, 2007, 4:00 pm

rodeomom wrote:Hey Soujourner - I thought the same thing about my mom. I suppose she means well, but she has always had a really bad way of showing her love.

Yeah.........some moms are notorious for that, eh?
Mine, for instance. :roll: I have learned that I cannot
control anything about my mom (or anyone else!), but
I can control my reactions to things she does or says.
It sounds as though you have a pretty good grasp of that too!

Congrats on the $3 AE tank top!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Mickeyz » October 12th, 2007, 1:16 pm

I read a very interesting book a few years ago about the dynamics of mother daughter relationships. I was going through a tough patch with my Mom. I think she means well, but sometimes you gotta just wonder what the heck is going on. I'm with you Sojo, we can only control our reactions. It has made my relationship with my Mom much sweeter.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » October 12th, 2007, 1:47 pm

I have the best relationship I've had with my mother in 10 years. I think it helps that I live across the country and we visit once a year but talk every day.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DonnaS » October 12th, 2007, 2:02 pm

Rodeomom, Thanks for stopping by my journal and encouraging me. I haven't quite caught up with reading the journals for the past week yet, but I'll get there after the weekend. Just want to say welcome!

Mickeyz wrote:I am happy to say they all got too big and have long ago been given away!

And I'm enjoying them so much! Hopefully I will be out of them soon though. :?
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Charity » October 12th, 2007, 4:40 pm

Your dad noticed? How cool is that! The only time my dad ever noticed I had lost weight was awesome. I was a Freshman in high school and it was the only time I was ever thin and not at least a little chubby. He stared at me one day while eating lunch and said, "Wow, honey, you lost a lot of weight, you look just like your mother when we first met." I thought it was soooo sweet.

You lost 30lbs so far in 18 days. You rock! I know you are goint to stick to it too because of your family success rate and the accountablity you give yourself by participating in this forum. If you don't report to us often, we will know somethings up! ;)

yikes...I smell a dirty diaper :| ...gotta go! Have a great day!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 12th, 2007, 4:44 pm

Hi Donna - thanks for popping in and saying hi. I appreciate the welcome too! Hope we can help each other though the road ahead.

Right now I am kinda feeling the blahs and the cold, damp, gray weather isn't helping. I have been on the program since September 21st. That makes today day number 21, I was feeling pretty good about everything until last night....

During dinner my daughter walks in from a horse training session and is carrying a bag of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie mix that her client gave her. Her client is also on MF and wanted the mix out of her house (so she sends them to mine where 3 of us are on the plan). Anyway, my daughter just starts to mix up the cookie dough as I am sitting there eating my lettuce and grilled chicken breast. Then she turns around and startgood. So, after all that stressing over the cookies I snuck into the kitchen and sucked down a tablespoon of low fat peanut butter (now I allow myself a tablespoon a day, but I had already eaten that earlier). As soon as I was done with it I wished I could have spit it out, but well - what was done was done. Now I just can't get past that spoonful of PB I can't believe I have done so well up to this point only to crash because my daughter wanted some cookies. s putting the dough on the pan RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. She got mad when I asked her to do that on the counter instead of the breakfast bar where I was eating. All I got was "Oh, mom..." and a big huff. Oh mom my foot - I could have eaten that whole bowl of cookie dough, I have in the past and I REALLY wanted to last night. As I am doing the dishes the scent of baking cookies is wafting through the kitchen. As soon as I could grab the bowl she mixed them in I filled it with soapy water to drench the tempation to lap it all up like a dog. I got through it all without a single drop of cookie dough, but I hated every minute of it.

Even after my last two MF meals (a shake and a pudding) I just couldn't stop thinking about something sweet, I tried a cream soda, which I usually use as a dessert, but that didn't work this time. I ended up sneaking into the kitchen and scarfing down a tablespoon of peanut butter, which was the second tablespoon for the day. After I ate it the craving was gone, but it was replaced with guilt. I had done so well for 20 days and blew it with a stinking tablespoon of peanut butter. :x

Now I am beating myself up over the whole thing for being so childish and weak as to get upset at my daughter for making some blasted cookies.
rodeomom

Postby katesmom » October 12th, 2007, 5:33 pm

Rodeomom...Cool it girl ! You are doing great and just because you fell off plan for a bit doesn't mean all is lost...Just start right back on plan, forgive yourself and keep on going!! You have just expressed what happens to many of us (me included) when triggers are around...

This is why we are all here...To get healthier and be supportive of one another...Just get back on the horse ! You can do it !! :hug:
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 12th, 2007, 5:56 pm

Oh girl, dont go beatin yourself up :hammerhead: !!! Get over it, learn from it and move on. You've done really well and it WAS ONLY a little bit of PB! It could have been much worse - - lik licking the bowl or eating the raw dough.

Is the PB a trigger for you? I think I recall another time where you almost had a moment with it? If so, maybe you need it out of your house!!!

Hang in here, you'll make it! If you are working out now, do a little more, rid yourelf of the guilt and move on!
Out*With*The*Old

Postby rodeomom » October 12th, 2007, 7:05 pm

Katesmom, thanks for reminding me that I do have everyone here to help me through these stupid moments. For some reason I just can't stop obsessing about that slip up. I was so proud that I had been completely OP since I started. ARRG!

OWTO, Yes, I am quite addicted to the wonderful butter of the peanut! I normally don't have a problem limiting myself to a tablespoon of the low fat on my celery for a snack. Some will say it isn't allowed on the plan others say it is OK. Who knows, but to this point the tablespoon a day hasn't hindered me. What upset me was that I fell victim to it last night. The PB wasn't the trigger the blasted cookie dough was. Thanks for the suggestion though/
rodeomom

Peanutbutter & Cookie Dough

Postby LovenElvis » October 13th, 2007, 2:08 am

Hey lady! Ok I haven't posted on this site in quite some time, but I came on to see how you were doing since we talked (emailed) last...

But did you know that Davinci Syrups have Sugar Free Peanut Butter and Cookie Dough flavoring? Throw some of that into a vanilla shake and you're gonna be surprised!!!! Blend it with vanilla shake and ice and it is almost like icecream!!!!

I'll send you an email of where I found the syrups here in Ohio (not from you and me) so I didn't have to order from the site...

Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby katesmom » October 13th, 2007, 2:32 pm

Hi Rodeomom,
How are you today? just logged on a while ago and thought I'd say hello ! No more cookie dough aromas -eh?
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby rodeomom » October 13th, 2007, 5:53 pm

Last Week's Measurements:

Neck - 14.5
Bicept - 18
Forarm - 11
"The Girls" - 50
Right under them - 45
Waist - 43
Humungo hips - 55
Thigh - 33
Calf - 19

This Week's Measurements:

Neck - 14 -.5"
Bicept - 17 -1"
Forarm - 11 =
"The Girls" - 49 -1"
Right under them - 42 -3" (??)
Waist - 43 =
Humungo hips - 54 -1"
Thigh - 31.5 -1.5 (??)
Calf - 19 =

I am not used to measuring, so I am probably off a bit, though I tried to measure in the exact spots and with the exact tension as before.

Did well reasonable well at the craft show today and stayed OP even though I was right next to the snack bar. Watching people eat those apple dumplings a la mode was torture. I will have to admit that cold hot chocolate tasted excetionally good today. Lean and green was late and over cooked since I put the chicken and salmon on the grill just before my mom called me to the barn for help with a lame horse. Since daughter is on a date, I was the lucky one to do it (Mom can't handle vet stuff). Got my workout fighting him for an hour while we tried to help his injury. I wasn't even hungry for the L&G, but since it was cooked and salad dished out I ate it anyway which goes against what I have been told about eating. We are supposed to eat when we are hungry, in order to nurish our bodys. I have been trying to avoid eating for the sake of eating all day, then I have to force myself to eat when I am not interested. I am still mulling that one over.

So, anyway, now I am behind on timing my meals and bedtime, but I will get them in. I am OK with my measurements I took today (though I think a couple are off, but can't double check last week's). I will try to weigh in the morning for roll call, but I really don't like the scale we have at home and physical therapist's office closed on Sunday.
rodeomom

Postby rodeomom » October 13th, 2007, 5:54 pm

katesmom wrote:Hi Rodeomom,
How are you today? just logged on a while ago and thought I'd say hello ! No more cookie dough aromas -eh?

Hi There,

Thanks for dropping in and saying hi! No cookie dough today, but plenty of others at the craft show.
rodeomom

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal