Required portions on lean and green?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Required portions on lean and green?

Postby Dayna » January 19th, 2006, 10:35 am

This may be a silly question, but I am determined to follow this diet to the letter, so I need to find out about this.

The last two nights, I've been eating my carefully-measured 7 oz. of baked chicken. On both nights, I got down to about the last ounce-and-a-half, and was pretty darn full. But because of all I had read about this being a low calorie diet, and we need to be very careful about fitting in all of our meals so we don't send our bodies into starvation mode and what have you, I finished the chicken. The book said 7 oz., so I ate 7 oz., by golly! But does it really have to be all 7? Or is there a range, like 5-7 oz., for instance? How much will that affect the protien/carb balance? Can I have less chicken without screwing up the diet?

How bizarre is this, I'm actually asking if it's okay to eat less.
*insert Twilight Zone music here*
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » January 19th, 2006, 12:54 pm

You really should have the full amount, I believe. But you CAN split it into two smaller meals, if that's easier.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby aphrael » January 19th, 2006, 2:01 pm

You could split it, but that is not following the Medifast plan. The portions are designed to make sure you are getting the right amount of carbs/protine at the right time.

I ones sujested splitting it up and Nancy said that it was not advised.

I am sure she will chime in here too.
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Gwenski » January 19th, 2006, 9:37 pm

Dayna-

Don't worry, you only feel like you are going to start clucking. To date, nobody has reported that actually happening. You should see what 7oz of Turkey is -- gobble gobble!

It does seem like a ton BUT you will get used to it and will actually start to look forward to it. You should eat as close to the amount as possible - pork and steak and lean hamburger isn't quite as much if you really have trouble getting all the chicken down --- try BBQing it with some sauce or shredding/chopping/cubing it onto a salad --- instead of bread croutons, you get chicken?!?!

Adjusting takes some time -- let us know how it goes. 7oz of Shrimp/seafood is a TON too -- you feel naughty but you aren't.....that is glorious!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Dayna » January 19th, 2006, 10:08 pm

Thanks for the info, I will try to get all 7 oz of chicken/fish down. :) It still tasted great (it's amazing what herbs can do), but I was feeling so very full. Maybe it's just that my stomach wasn't getting filled with solid food during the day, so perhaps dinner came as something of a surprise? I had my 5 oz of super-amazingly-lean beef tonight, and after I'd finished I didn't feel nearly as stuffed as I had the last two nights. We'll be having fish this weekend - maybe that won't feel as bulky as the chicken.

But thanks for letting me know I need to stick with the numbers - this plan IS my route to success, and I want to make sure I'm doing everything right!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna

Return to Weight Loss