Lean & Green Meal Portions

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Lean & Green Meal Portions

Postby cacky » December 9th, 2005, 10:44 am

Hello again! Just curious on the lean & green meal. I typically have fish or chicken and I feel like I'm literally stuffing myself w/7oz plus the 1 1/2 cups of veggies or 2 cups of salad. Just seems like so much food to me...I feel like I have to eat really quickly before my stomach registers that its full just so I can get it all down. Is this just me, or is this normal?

Cacky
11/28/05
183/175/140
cacky
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Lauren » December 9th, 2005, 11:04 am

Hi, Cacky-

I sometimes feel that way as well, especially when I have veggies that are very high in fiber and volume, like broccoli. But I love it! Not gonna lie, nothing makes me happier than the full feeling after my one lean & green, I look forward to it! I never thought it possible that I would get so excited about grilled chicken and steamed veggies, but I literally find myself doing a quiet cheer, and thinking it looks like the prettiest food in the world! :-) Pathetic? Yes. But is it working? Definitely! 25.5 pounds in 4 weeks. Where else does that happen?

So enjoy...

Oh, but if you aren't comfortable with it, I would recommend you just eat 1/2 the lean & green in two different settings...

Good luck!
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby aphrael » December 13th, 2005, 11:44 am

I once suggested splitting up the lean and green and was quickly shot down by Nancy. I'm sure she will comment on it as well, but splitting it up is definatly not part of the plan and messes up the percise caculations that were done to insure your body gets all the fuel it needs, when it needs it.

Just what I have learned thus far.
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lauren » December 13th, 2005, 1:03 pm

I have split up my lean/green many times, and have lost over 25 pounds in my first 4 weeks on the program. While I certainly appreciate the studies that have gone into perfecting the diet, I also recognize that different people's bodies and/or schedules have different needs, and if I can only get a salad in at lunch, and my chicken in at dinner, so be it. At the end of the day, this is not going to be the reason I gain or lose weight. Just regulating eating every 3 hours, and making sure to get all the supplements in for the day, that's part of the process. The same way it's better to NOT double up on your supplements, it won't be the end of your success if you have to periodically.

So far so good on my end, and I don't think I'd be too worried about splitting up the meal, if that's the only way Cacky can get it in.

Cheers!
Lauren

Postby Nancy » December 14th, 2005, 10:18 am

It is really interesting that our stomach feels full after a relatively small amount - before Medifasting, it seemed like it took forever for my stomach to feel satisfied with a much larger portion.

Yes, it is best to consume the meat and vegetable portion together if at all possible.

Over the course of a day, you are right about the food intake being the same (all at once or spread out into two smaller meals or meat at one meal and vegetables at another) but for some people, especially for those with impaired or resistant metabolisms; it can make a difference for their weight loss.

It is recommended that a person not add vegetables to any of the packet meals as that will increase the carb count and get the meal out of proportion.

There is the tendency for newbies to begin reading only at the point that they find us and join in so I make these comments particularly for their benefit.

Some people may be able to get away with making adjustments to their programs but please know, it is in your best interests to not do so; to follow the program exactly as it is written. Eat all five of your packets on time, do not add anything to them, and eat all of the lean and green meal just as it is outlined: five ounces of lean red meat or seven ounces of lean chicken/fish/seafood plus the small green salad or one and one-half cups of cooked non-starchy vegetables. When a person's weight loss slows down or the person begins to feel tired and puny, it is usually attributed to messing with the program. To do it best, do it right.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Shellster » December 14th, 2005, 12:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question about what Nancy said about not adding anything to the meals, I sometimes have lettuce and crackers with my chili to make it like a taco salad, I got the recipe on here, Is this a no no. I just thought I would ask because I was going to have that today. Also if i'm still hungry at lunch I will have a small salad, is this ok?? Am I doing this all wrong?? Please let me know. Thanks
Michelle/Shellster

Shellster
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » December 14th, 2005, 12:16 pm

Shellster ~

I sometimes add a teensy bit of broccoli to my Creamy Broc soup and I add about 5 green beans to the Minestrone soup. Adding extra vegetables to a packet does increase the carb count for that meal. The Medifast nutritionist and Dr. Andersen always tell us that it is best to keep your Lean and Green meal separate from a packet - each packet is a complete meal in and of itself. Adding more carbs, more calories, etc. to a packet means that we are upsetting the balance of the protein/carb/fat ratios - so...if you want the maximum weight loss in the shorest amount of time and the best nutritional package for your dollar, then follow the program precisely as it is written and designed.

If you can get away with your tweakings here and there and are pleased with your success, then let it be so!

I just know that I know me best, when I mess with stuff, I can get into trouble calorie-wise so I am always one who prefers to walk the line than to veer off onto a flabby adventure than can leave me with fluffy consequences. Be carefull!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.