Lean green portions and preparation, AND sweetener question

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Lean green portions and preparation, AND sweetener question

Postby IDareYou » December 18th, 2003, 5:08 pm

So does anyone have advice on how to eyeball the 4-6 oz. of meat, fish or protein I should be limiting myself to? I'd rather not go buy a scale. And of course I won't be deep-frying it or ladeling gravy on top, but what are my preparation options? What do you recommend.

Also, 2 cups of salad greens actually seems like a very small quantity when I lightly tossed some spinach and mixed greens into my measuring cup. Not complaining, just wondering if I'm missing something!

Finally, as a whole foods advocate, I've always feared synthetic sweeteners. However, I'm willing to gamble my health by using some short-term for the next few months for the sake of weight-loss. I've read on the forum of anecdotal reports of sorbitol giving people the runs, but what are the less-evil of the artifical sweeteners that you might recommend.

p.s. I've made it through most of day one, yeah!
Who we are never changes. Who we think we are does.
~ Mary S. Almanac ~
IDareYou

Postby Jackie » December 19th, 2003, 5:46 am

I use a scale because i cant eyeball anything, portion control is something i fail at, i guess that why Im here... :D As far as the sweeteners, i use splenda, its made from real sugar and can take the heat of coffee or baking and is safe for diebetics. I dont like the others they taste bitter. It might cost a little more than sweet n low or equal, but im the only one using it, and im worth it! ;)

I hope I helped a little...good luck it only gets easier and it works!

Jackie
Jackie
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » December 19th, 2003, 8:15 am

Hey gals:

RE: portions--think of the size of a deck of cards and that is how much meat you can do. You can use any dry spices you wish on the meat (read the label just in case).

Splenda is made directly from sugar, so that is your safest bet.

Best of luck!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Guest » December 19th, 2003, 6:57 pm

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive scale?

mmm, BTW chicken broth with sage sprinkled in tastes like a little liquid dose of turkey and stuffing.

Postby susan » December 21st, 2003, 12:04 pm

wal-mart has scales for 5.00 and they work just fine try one of these they have about 3 different kinds.susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss