Lean and Green

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Lean and Green

Postby Chubbs » June 27th, 2005, 7:50 pm

The question I have is if a person on occasions has their lean/green meal and has a tendency to go over a cup of green(s) in order to maitain a "full" feeling, is this ok at times or is this as bad as having a Big Mac and is a big NO NO?
Thank you for an honest response.
Chubbs

Postby Dean0408 » June 27th, 2005, 9:19 pm

Hi Chubbs,

The reason for the limitations on the "green" vs. "lean" is not because there are a ton of calories in the green. One of the most important aspects of the Medifast program is a scientifically balanced ratio of protein to carbs. This balance puts your body into a mild ketosis state, which in essence, turns your body into a fat burning machine.

The pre-packaged Medifast products have a formulation to maintain this protein/carb balance. The measurements given for the lean and green meal will maintain the balance provided you stick to the measurements.

In effect, if you go overboard on the carb to protein ratio too often, you will foul up the balance and run the risk of turning off the fat burning machine. It will then take a few days to get things right by following the plan as written.

You mentioned the "full" feeling. Well, I never really felt "full" while on the plan........I was shooting for "not hungry". If you want to be full, drink a lot of extra water with your lean and green meal. Another tip is to eat very, very slowly. Make that lean and green last as long as you can. The reason for this is that it takes a long time for the "I am no longer hungry" signal from your stomach to reach your brain.

Ever notice back in the pre-Medifast days how you could eat a whole lot more if you ate fast? Then all of a sudden out of the blue.........you would feel STUFFED......over stuffed actually......painfully stuffed. This is because you were full and your brain did not yet know it.........so you kept eating. Anyhow, this is why I say to eat slowly. This rule will help you when you reach your goal and go on maintenance as well.

Good Luck! You can do it!

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 28th, 2005, 12:37 pm

It is Portion Control we are working on..... :huh: .......getting accustomed to healthy habits........ :D ......going over on a green doesn't seem bad at all..... :no: ......but it's the "going over" syndrome that sometimes will increase our chances of returning to our old foody ways........"it's only a little extra"..."it won't hurt"...... :roll: ......until one day you wake up and all those little extras turned into a whole lot of lbs..... :shock: .......and like Dean said..... :hmmm: .....are we shooting for the "full feeling" ...or..."not hungry feeling"..........."the mentally satisfied"....or......." the nutritionally satisfied"......so thanks for asking that question because to this day I need to remind myself of this as well...... :huh: .... if we were only raised in an enviroment that only ate for nutrition vs. pleasure.......we may not have these challanges to overcome
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss