Just had my first lean and green

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Just had my first lean and green

Postby merlegirl » February 1st, 2006, 11:14 am

Hi everyone! I started MF on 1/11/06. So far it is going great!--With the exception of Saturdays----that's date night with my husband and the first two weeks I was on nothing but shakes! I wasn't a very fun DATE! But last Saturday I ate a lean and green for the first time.

I actually tasted my food for the first time in along time. Usually to busy stuffing it in(scared someone might steal it HAHA). I am trying to drink more and more water, did I read on here somewhere that you should take your weight and divide by 2 and that is the number of ounces of water you should be drinking? I may have dreamed that up.

I have not weighed yet- it always makes me sick if I haven't lost enough I get angry and if I lost more than I thought I get happy--either way I want to celebrate by GUESS WHAT? You guessed it ---EATING!!!!!

I'm trying to relearn what food really is for--to nourish our bodies!

Please help keep me going!!!!
merlegirl

Postby MusicalMomma » February 1st, 2006, 11:33 am

hi merlegirl! Welcome :) Glad you like the program. This forum is a great place to come whenever you need a little lift, advice or have a question :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 1st, 2006, 11:52 am

Hi merlegirl and may I commend you for doing just the shakes for so long that i itself is quite an accomplishment!!!! I love my lean and green everyday and you are totally right about actually tasting the food I made that very same comment to my husband!!! I started my third week on Sunday and find that everyday I stick to the program makes me that much more free from the HOLD that food had on me. It is truly a nice feeling to have control over the food for a change!!

Keep shakin

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lauren » February 1st, 2006, 12:08 pm

Congrats, Merle, well done! I love the lean and green, and look forward to it every day - but not in an unhealthy, bingey way, more like I feel even healthier as such healthy foods come my way!

Just like you and Lisa said, we have to get rid of the hold food has over us. Having been on MF for 11 weeks, I can tell you that I really have started treating food as "fuel," just get in what you need and get back to life.

Hopefully this new vision of food/fuel will last...all we can do is keep on pushing!

Best of luck and success to you!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Return to Come on in.