I Really Can be a Dumb Blonde Sometimes

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I Really Can be a Dumb Blonde Sometimes

Postby jene115 » February 7th, 2005, 7:59 pm

I spent the whole weekend preparing my house for today, cleaning, organizing, etc. I had my bowl, Frank's Hot Sauce, chili power in a little Tupperware cup, shakes, oatmeal raisin bar and chili all set out on the kitchen counter. I made my shake before I went into get dressed for work and put it in the freezer and promptly walked out the door without ANYTHING! I was halfway to work when I realized I was supposed to be drinking my Orange Delight shake on the way to work. DOH! I had to wing it today and just consider it another prep day. I promptly came home to find my water delivery guy left 11.2 oz bottled water rather than the liter bottles I asked for. I called them to ream them a new one, but the lady was nice and said she'd send him out tomorrow to replace them. I jammed my pointer finger between the wall and a glass jar and it's swollen. Anything else? HOORAH! That's what I get for staying up last night to watch a stupid Lifetime Movie, then realizing I'd seen it before.

Thank goodness my boss was very mellow today and it was a very easy day at work. I decided the best thing I could do is to get a Subway sandwich rather than anything else because it would do the least harm. Even though we had doughnuts and kolaches at work today, I didn't give in. So, I have put all my stuff in a plastic grocery sack and it's sitting in front of my door now so I will trip over it when I leave. I will have to make a new shake tomorrow unless the one I put in the freezer this morning is thawed out and tastes okay.

I told Nancy all this and shared that the only saving grace from this day is tomorrow is the 8th, my birthday is November 8 and that's 9 months exactly. My goal is to be way below 200 by then.

Tomorrow has to be a better day. Is there a full moon?
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby cplantho » February 7th, 2005, 9:18 pm

I can relate. I got all the way to work last week before I realized that I left my breakfast cocoa (all heated up, mind you) smack dab on the kitchen counter. :hammerhead:
Sorry you had such a craptastic day. I get through them by thinking I had days like that before MF (forgotton breakfast included), I'll have them during MF and I'll have 'em after MF. The stuff's made to make me thin, not have a "mind of steel". :roll:

You'd better start tomorrow, though. You've been on the platform for waaay too long. Time to get ON THAT TRAIN! :yay:
Christy
301/273.2/199

Started Jan. 24, 2005
cplantho
Regular Member - #20 Club

Almost MF Day #1

Postby cthrn007 » February 7th, 2005, 9:27 pm

What a day, huh? I am sorry to hear your day #1 didn't go as well as you had planned ~ but you are all ready to start & if I remember right it will be exactly nine months from your B-Day too, right? What a perfect way to start off a new year!

I can definitely relate to the routines you often find yourself in as a single person... I too have been avoiding social situations because I am unhappy with how I look. I too end up doing the same thing alone here every night too and that just isn't who I am either! I too would eat sometimes just because I was lonely. Well, that is a thing of the past for us!!!

Here's the good news as I see it ... I think single people have it easier on MF because we can makeover our whole world to encourage our own success. EX: I rearranged my living room so that I have to watch TV over/through my Pilates machine... Cleaned out & Donated ALL Tempting foods and stocked up on only MF friendly foods...I do not have to come home & prepare a meal for others and then shake up my dinner (that would be tough) ... I don't have to wait in line behind anyone to use the ladies room here :) because goodness knows we do a lot of that on MF - especially at first... I can keep the Heater on whenever I want because MF makes me cold.... I can put something I need to remember right in the middle of the floor in the entryway without worrying about killing someone (unless I forget it is there)... which is totally possible!

I think you have got it all covered and are ready to shake your way all the way to a size 6 bootie!

Just keep sharing & learning from this site - stick to the MF program because it will take you where you want to be - drink your water & chat with us all here whenever you feel like it!

We are all in this together... you are absolutely not alone! :stroll:

I keep getting a little worried about your bunny on the railroad! :)

Good luck on your Do-Over-Day #1!
~Catherine
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » February 8th, 2005, 7:48 pm

Christy and Catherine ~

What perfect replies you gave to Jene and for all of us, too! Thank you so much!

It takes a while to replace our old foody habits with healthy new productive habits.

Christy, I also love your exhortation:
You'd better start tomorrow, though. You've been on the platform for waaay too long. Time to get ON THAT TRAIN!

There comes a time when it is so good and so right to just say it - leave behind our childish ways and get on with the program.

Jene has a wonderful time ahead of her - Nine months of living healthier and thinner.

I know you can slide under the 200 pound mark by your birthday, Jene IF everyday you do the shake-a shake-a right things.

Let nothing unworthy touch your tongue, Girl! No more blonde days - just Medifast Days. It takes nine months for God to grow a baby, you can be re-born as a healthier and thinner woman in the same amount of time.

Keep focused on your goal. When your goal is important, you CAN do it!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

I need help

Postby jene115 » February 8th, 2005, 8:13 pm

I debated whether to write this or not. I'm not sure I can do this. I did great today, no hunger, two days without Coke and no real headache to speak of. Drinking the water. But I get home and blow it. My friend hasn't picked up the food I was giving her. So I had some. It doesn't matter what it was, I blew it. Pure and simple. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes now. I don't know if I have it in me anymore. I did so well today, even yesterday, but I get home and fall apart. It's not hunger, it's not boredom, it's habit, pure and simple. I'm packing up the food tomorrow and taking it to my friend. I can't do this with any kind of non-legal food in the house. I'm seriously thinking of just doing shakes, no bars, no pudding, nothing else. I used to be able to do anything I set my mind to, but the last 6 years have taken a toll on my heart, my mind and my psyche. I'm afraid the sabateur has raised her ugly head once again. Please tell me how to get past this. There's nothing left in the house I care about. I'm packing it up and taking it to work tomorrow. How do I come home from work and make a shake? It sounds so damn simple, doesn't it? It's the hardest thing I have ever done. I sat here and bargained with myself not to eat the crap, but I did. I don't know if I have it in me anymore. I want this so bad, I really do, but why did I forget my food yesterday, why did I eat the stuff tonight? Don't I deserve better? Why do I do this to myself?

I made a connection today. I've spoken a little about my boss. For the last two days, he's been very low key and quiet (Bi-Polar, manic-depressive). He's being very nice to me, which I'm not used to. The day I was made permanent at this job (I was temp-to-hire), he came up gave me a hug and said he was glad to have me on board, and then said "don't change." He changed though. I loved the first 3 months I worked for him but as soon as I became permanent there (August 2004), he became a jerk. He talks down to me at times and I feel disrespected. There are some good days, but for the most part, I hate working for him. Plus it's not my field. I'm a litigation secretary/paralegal and he does business banking and I'm bored to tears. I make more money than I ever thought I would make, so it's hard to think about leaving, plus I love the firm. Ok, the connection I made - this is how I felt with my dad, who was also bi-polar. Always walking on eggshells, being the people pleaser to not upset the apple cart. I'm tired people, pure and simple. Maybe that's my problem. I don't want to leave the firm though, but he's an equity partner and I can't transfer to another desk.

Sorry to go off on such a tangent, but I really need some advise. Not about the job, I just needed to get that out, but I want to hear if anyone else struggled when they started this once you got home from work. Am I just destined to be fat?
Jen
03/01/08
jene115
Preferred member

I was about to track u down I was so curious how u are 2day!

Postby cthrn007 » February 8th, 2005, 8:57 pm

First I am so happy that you are making it a HABIT to come here for support... I was looking for you today! That is the very best thing you can be doing and it proves that you have still got what it takes to make this happen! You can do this!!!

You HAVE to draw the line... get fed up with the way you feel right now!! :whip: I read somewhere on here that this "anger" can be a very strong driving force that will get you past the hard times and take you where you want to be on this diet. Use it!

That's what I had to do ... You know, I had to give my world and EXTREME MAKEOVER to make it work. :D

I got mad at the way my boyfriend was treating me after putting on some weight ... left him :wave: , threw away my "Uniform" (sweats and all large comfy clothes) and I am NOT looking back. I deserve better! I deserve a size 6 bootie too! I HAD to donate and/or throw away everything that wasn't MF worthy all at once, all in one afternoon the day before I started. Done. Adios. If it was there and I was bored or hungry or lonely... I'd eat it too! Now - I'd have to drive my bootie all the way to the store to get real food and that gives me more time to think about what I am doing... I am a diet coke or coffee person so I still drink that too... but I bought a ton of Crystal Lite and Sugar Free Koolaid & Fruit20 to get that water in too beacuse it is what makes it all work and I don't really like water!

Maybe you shouldn't try and go cold turkey with Diet Sodas just yet (just know they might make you shakey much faster than they used to)... maybe that is too much of a change all at once. I am not on the 5 & 1 plan because I think if I had to make choices I would screw it up with a little of this and just a little of that ... I DO however need a bit of variety so I have the soups and shakes and puddings ...

Make it impossible to stray from this plan and as soon as you give it a chance and you try on something and it FITS BETTER.... LOOK OUT!
You will find motivation you didn't know you had! You just have to get through the first two weeks (maybe less)... and you will definitely feel and see a difference!!! I promise you it is worth it!! It will work for you too.

I try to stay busy after work because that is the long stretch for me too ... I can't tell you how CLEAN I have become ... organizing everything ... Painted a bedroom Red even though I am just leasing an apartment :) ... went through my whole closet after I lost my first 15 lBS and donated everything in it over my size now ... bought a yoga video to do at night. Just try and keep busy! That is when I log on here too to see what's new with everybody. At night, like now!

I wish I was closer to Houston and I could help you with your EXTREME MAKEOVER too! :pet:

I know you can do it & I can't wait until you post your first exciting success story... and you will!

We are all here cheering for you!!!
~Catherine
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » February 8th, 2005, 8:58 pm

Jene ~

No, you are not destined to be fat.

I can't advise you about your job...

This IS hard to make food changes.

There are some strong-willed tough guy types out there who will just tell ya to "Buck up, shut up and just do it."

There will be some sweet grandma-types out there who will come by and say, "Oh, Honey, just climb up here on my lap and let me rock you 'til you feel better."

Hopefully somewhere in between is where the majority of us can reach out to you.

This was/is the hardest thing I ever did or myself and it is the best thing I have ever done and continue to do.

This is not a piece of cake.

To make weight loss and weight management permanent, we have to make permanent changes in the way we view food, in the way we view ourselves and in the way we live - permanent lifestyle changes = permanent life.

Darlin' when I came to the very end of myself, became very desperate - so desperate that I could stand it no longer, I made the choice to change my life.

I think it must have been like a pre-schooler giving up sucking their thumb - letting go of my comforter, willing to take a chance that something better than my comfy foody friends could provide security, pleasure and joy far greater than cheesecake or a pizza.

I had to replace the familiar with the unknown.

You are NOT destined to fatness forever IF you let go of the foody nature of your current situation.

Be a Boy Scout: Be prepared.

Be a Letter Carrier
: Let nothing - rain, sleet, snow, wind, bi-polar boss, menacing parent or partner prevent you from delivering the things that are good for your health - mental, physical and emotional.

I just had a frozen Banana Blitz Health 'Cocktail' in a Hard Rock Cafe pilsner glass from Baltimore - I enjoyed it more than a quart of Ben and Jerry's because my Banana Blitz is good for me and good for my hips - Ben and Jerry are not!

You are NOT destined for fatness; you are destined for greatness.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby 24KaratGold » February 8th, 2005, 11:08 pm

May I suggest a hobby for the evenings? Something to do with your hands, to keep them occupied so you can't eat? And to provide you with distraction, something fun to focus on. I suggest finding your local quilt store and signing up for a beginning machine piecing class, or something similar. Or take a class on needlework or crocheting. I can even put you in touch with a group that has clearance to make small items (sewn cool ties, or knitted or crocheted caps and slippers) to send to the guys and girls serving overseas right now.

Or else find your local community college and sign up for a belly dancing class! (Not kidding -- good exercise, lots of fun.)

Good luck, Jen. You CAN do this. :stroll: C'mon, take our hands and lets move forward, not back. One day at a time? Shoot, sometimes it's enough to make it be one hour at a time. Baby steps, and all that.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » February 9th, 2005, 1:06 am

24 Karat ~

You are right-on! Many days our success is one hour at a time...don't take on the full amount - just concentrate on being on-program a morning, or an afternoon at a time.

It is not about perfection.

It is not about a number on the scale.

It IS about eating and drinking and doing all the things that contribute positively toward reaching our goal.

You CAN do it! You are the Little Shaker Girl That CAN!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby jene115 » February 9th, 2005, 5:41 am

Thank you ladies. I'm sorry you had to see the whiney, ugly side of Jen. I'm so angry with myself for being so weak and I wasn't even hungry. It's mindless eating, which I did/do a lot. I've packed up the box of Cheerios and Kashi Go Lean, pistachios, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and all the other stuff I can't eat, all the non-perishable stuff, and I'm taking it to work today to give to my friend. The other stuff is mostly condiments, BBQ sauce, pasta sauce, etc., which won't bother me. I've never been so desperate to eat pasta sauce by itself!

I'm going to do this, even if I have to do it screaming and kicking. I have to look at the successes I've had, no Coke since Sunday and no fast food since Friday. Now, I just have to whip this after work thing.

I don't have time after work to do anything. I get off at 6 and don't get home until after 7. I have 45 minutes of compression boot therapy for the rest of this month and basically it's time to go to bed. I'm not a domestic person by any stretch of the imagination so quilts, knitting and all that doesn't do it for me. I like to read when I get home and do things to relax since my days are pretty stressful and the drive home, especially in pouring down rain, is not fun.

Today is another day. I can do this.
Jen
03/01/08
jene115
Preferred member

Postby Karen » February 9th, 2005, 5:50 am

Another way is to learn tricks. Mind talk. When I first started, I was grumpy because everyone was eating real food while I had a "shake". hmm, I got to be a master at blending those shakes with ice and flavorings etc, Now I think to myself.. they are eating those greasy fries, I GET to have this beautiful rich creamy chockalate banana shake in a gorgeous stemmed chystal glass. I delight in knowing that in just another hour or two, I CAN HAVE some delicious pudding. Concentrate on what you CAN have, how good it is and how much good you are doing for YOURSELF, not for anyone else. Work towards getting in those Pound CLUBS.... geez.... that is such a silly thing, but it means a lot to me to get to join the next one up! I am in the 50 one now. Just 3 months ago I was envying those that had that number under their name, thought I would NEVER get there... hey... I am there... Look out you 100 clubbers, I am on my way there!! Self talk, be positive, MF is something you are lucky enough to have found cause it really works and it tastes great.
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Marseilles » February 9th, 2005, 5:54 am

Jen, what kind of books do you like to read? An avid reader myself, I can probably make suggestions for some GREAT books, reading interesting enough to keep your mind in the book and not on snacky stuff!

-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby raederle » February 9th, 2005, 7:13 am

Hey there, Jen. I'm sorry you're goin' through this, but I'm glad you came here for help-- people have given you some great thoughts and advice! I just wanted to add one more thing to the list:

"Gerald, I'm new around here but I have to say how profoundly your words touched me. I can relate about not being able to walk, I'm headed that way, but I'm going to lose this weight with MF and this group because if I don't, I too will be using a wheelchair to get around (knees are gone). "

Remember this post from you? I want you to remember Spidey, and think about that wheelchair! NEVER give in to that wheelchair!!! You CAN do this, though it's gonna be hard. But you know what? It can't be harder than having to live with the thought that you gave up, and now you can't walk... So c'mon! We're with you! Gerald's with you! Get rid of that food, find something to do with your time at night, focus on what you're doing for yourself during the workday, and see what happens in two weeks. You can do ANYTHING for two weeks. And then, when you've astounded yourself with how much you've dumped in 2 weeks (or less!), Catherine is right! You'll find it easier to stick with it cuz your clothes are loose and you feel much much better.

We'll getcha there! Just take our hand(s) and come along, now!

:stroll:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby cplantho » February 9th, 2005, 1:35 pm

Go back and read your old posts. Try and recapture that excitement, that drive, that impatience you had. I, too, don't have that much time after work until I go to bed. I walk through the door and straight to the kitchen, mix up my medimeal, then head upstairs to log in here. Would it be possible to wear your compression boots while sipping and posting?

Before you know it, you won't need those stinkin' boots NO MORE. (I wear night splints so I have an idea what a PITA it is)

Doing this program is one of the hardest things I've ever done. That said, I feel better about myself and my life than I've felt in a very, very loooong time! :D If ever! Really, I've only been on program for two and a half weeks. But, I've lost more weight in those two weeks than I have in years.

If you still have that box of food and forgot to take it to the office, put down your mouse, get up and throw it ALL out RIGHT NOW! Your future is more important than a bit of wasted food. :whip:

Please, commit to two weeks, just two measly weeks, and you'll be amazed at the difference. Oh, and stay in touch!
Christy
301/273.2/199

Started Jan. 24, 2005
cplantho
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby jene115 » February 9th, 2005, 4:34 pm

Okay, here’s the deal. At 6:00 a.m. this morning, with my freshly shampooed hair in a towel and my night clothes still on, I walked out to my garage and put three bags of non-perishable grocery items in my trunk. Just before I left for work, I placed Cheerios, Kashi Go Lean, walnuts and pineapple slices in a bag and brought it to work. At 4:30 p.m. today, my friend Lori and I walked out to my car and transferred the stuff to her car and she just left work, taking the refrigerated stuff with her. I have nothing in the house to eat now, except stuff in the freezer and fridge that needs to be tossed out, which I will do this weekend. I did some last weekend, but this is going to be a major project because I did a ton of shopping in the last few months and everything is still in the fridge, so there are science projects and stuff that’s probably still good that I will donate or toss. Nothing, absolutely nothing in there that I will eat.

I decided after reading something that Nancy posted that I am just going to do shakes for breakfast, 2nd meal and lunch, then a bar in the afternoon (I love them and feel like I’m cheating when I eat one). The bars tide me over until I get home (I eat it at 4 p.m.), then I will go home and have a shake, or maybe pudding. I don’t like the chili that much after all, it’s good, but I can’t eat it everyday. I’m not a soup eater, so the shakes, bars and pudding will be it. I’m going to go out this weekend and buy a beautiful fluted wine glass to have my evening shake in. I’m going to experiment with different flavors. I’m going to order more DaVinci syrups this weekend. I guess in some strange way, I needed to eat that junk last night and have a bit of a gain to get it in my head that it’s not worth it.

I do eat and read messages with my compression boots on since I can’t do anything else since I’m hooked up to the power source!!! I didn’t do it Monday or Tuesday because I had a ‘tude about it, but I will start again tonight. This is my fourth week on it and I’m so tired of it, but mostly, it’s not working. I see no difference in my ankle swelling. I go to the doctor Friday and I’m going to ask her to take me off of it. I have to pay for it ($500 deductible on my insurance), so I don’t want to pay for something that’s not working. I feel very strongly that losing this flab will make the swelling go away. I’m also going to tell her about MediFast and tell her I would like to have blood work done in a few months and come see her every other month or so for monitoring, or whatever she suggests.

Jen is back folks and I’m taking my bunny down those tracks. It won’t be much this week, but next week – watch out!
Jen
03/01/08
jene115
Preferred member

Next

Return to Come on in.