I am SO dumb!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I am SO dumb!!!

Postby Allie » September 6th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Man!! I feel like an idiot. I was feeling down because the scale has not moved in a week and a half, and my measurements were the same today as they were last time I checked. I went to my rock climbing class, and it was 100 degrees today, and the gym is not air conditioned, so I was sweating alot and felt dizzy. Then my partner let me fall about 15 feet, so I left early.

Then I went to see my boyfriend, and apparently his mom is sick (though the dr. says it will be fine), and he wanted both of us to drop everything to go to South Africa for 2 weeks to help her. I can't do that, I have school and work, so that bummed me out even more.

I got home and ate an entire bag of Cheddar/bacon flavored Almond accents. there are approx. 800 calories in a bag, and I finished them all.

What was I thinking? I want to lose weight, not gain it back!! I feel dumb, and even more bummed.

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 6th, 2006, 6:17 pm

((((Allie))))) Big hugs to you. I know how you feel. Truly I do. We have all walked down that road where we punish ourselves thinking it is the way to cope. I am sorry you had a rough day. But get up and brush yourself off and get back on track for tomorrow. You will be all right; I know it...and that scale will budge. Maybe you need a scale that measures fat water and muscle. That way you can tell if you are building muscle rock climbing.

And I hope everything works out with your boyfriend and his mom. Good luck.

Remember tomorrow is another chance for you to get back on track. Ok?
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

hugs!

Postby rayray » September 6th, 2006, 6:31 pm

*hugs* We have all had days like that, the trick is to just pick yourself up and start fresh tomorrow! You can't let one day mess you up forever, and tomorrow just take it 3 hrs at a time, it will make it easier. Sorry about you not being able to go with you BF to south africa, i know it sucks being away from you significat other.
rayray
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » September 6th, 2006, 7:05 pm

I know you've had a rough day, but don't let the 800 calories get you down. It could have been much worse. Learn and grow from it and move on. You can do this!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sarya » September 7th, 2006, 6:10 am

We all fall. It is a measure of strength that we are able to pick ourselves back up and get back on plan. How many times have you dieted in the past? I spent huge portions of my life dieting. Every time I cheated that was it, the diet was over. Until MF that is. Now when I go off plan I go right back on. And hopefully you will do the same :)

We can't change overnight. This diet is a huge change in your eating habits. Most people slip more than once. You'll be okay. It's a small setback, but it doesn't negate your progress. :pet:
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 7th, 2006, 1:55 pm

Allie, you won't gain from that....maybe a little water weight but not fat.
The important thing is that you STOP and continue with your plan. Its not a big deal to eat the almonds. Actually they are high fiber, high protein and very low carb and a good amount of fat. It probably won't take you out of ketosis either.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to The Weight Room