Ready to throw it all away

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Ready to throw it all away

Postby falisamarie » April 15th, 2006, 6:14 am

I have to wonder if we ever get over the urge to turn to food when things seem to fall apart. Last night I found out some things concerning my daughters that really sent me into a tailspin and in the midst of it all I had to go get dinner for the hubby and kids. I was sitting in the McDonalds drive-thru staring at the menu seriously contemplating what I wanted to get for myself. I don't know how I thought anything from that grease pit would help and when I say I was wanting something trust me...it was not a salad. Luckily this did come at a good time for me as today is my 3 month anniversary on program and I have been 100% compliant so trust me when I say that fact really helped. NO I did not cheat but am discouraged to think that for the rest of my life when anything goes bad my mind is going to autoshift to food.

Things are the same today and my husband asked me if I had talked to my daughters concerning these things I found out and I told him honestly at this point I can not deal with it. We will have a long talk at some point but right now is not the time for that. I am trying to focus on me today and will deal with tomorrow when it comes.

Thanks for listening and letting me vent and put my feelings down!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby lauradr » April 15th, 2006, 6:32 am

falisamarie :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:I.m so sorry, but we are here for you. I so glade you not cheat.
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby ktrout » April 15th, 2006, 7:05 am

I know EXACTLEY how you feel. I'm in the middle of a career change. I've made a mistep and landed in the world of the unemployed for a couple weeks. I start my new job in May/June but the daily worries are very real and I've come very close to turning to food again. I know, we all know, that it would be the worst possible thing to do but the craving/urge will always be there. The fact that we're all been raised with food being a comfort rather than a nutrician tool will haunt us forever. It's great to see that you were able to rise above it and not surrender to it. These challenges will be always be with us and we need to see them for what they are.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Serendipity » April 15th, 2006, 7:59 am

Lisa - big hug

Having been through the tweens and teens, I can certainly appreciate what you are going through right now. I'm here to tell you it will get better.......those monsters actually turn into pretty cool adults!

I think that the further we go on this path, the more distant the urge to run to food will be. But we are youngsters and it takes time to undo the stuff of our past. Patience, dear.

nuther big hug just for good measure.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby deirdrek » April 15th, 2006, 10:28 am

Lisa, I wanted to start out by saying how much I appreciate your posts you are always so loving and encouraging. Even in this difficult time you are still and inspiration to me, you have never cheated that is so great. You are my role model for medifast.

I too have found that food is where I want to run when things are down. I didnt think I did that very much but I do. I have been trying to replace that urge with candles, bubble baths nice music.

Thanks for sharing, you are a wonderful exaple, keep up the good work.
Deirdre

Start Date 4/4/06
239/229/150
deirdrek
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby BoPeep1 » April 15th, 2006, 10:44 am

I have to second Dierdre that you are one of the people I look up to on this board.

I am also an emotional eater and because of this, I'm taking the time while not eating much real food to read a couple books on emotional eating and how to stop it. I doubt I'd be able to mention them here with Mr. Snippy.

It's a great chance to change this before you get into maintenance and go back to old patterns.
-Brandi
Height 5'9"
Started MF on 4/3/06

BoPeep1
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby DogMa » April 15th, 2006, 11:13 am

Lisa, I'm so sorry you're going through a rough time. I think we can all identify with that urge to seek comfort in food. But you're right, it's not like the food will really help. Eating a big, nasty McDonald's meal isn't going to make things right with your daughters. But just maybe seeing how well you're doing and having you as a role model will help them listen to you when you DO talk to them.

Good for you for not giving in to temptation and for dealing with the problem the RIGHT way (even if it means NOT dealing with it for a little while).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » April 15th, 2006, 12:13 pm

No problem mentioning books that have helped you out.

It's just the links I have to watch.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby mellowmom » April 15th, 2006, 12:58 pm

Lisa,

I totally agree with BoPeep and DeirdreK. You are definitely someone to look up to. Your support and kind words have helped a lot of us to continue our journeys. :yourock:

We're all learning from one another and You're a GREAT Teacher! Don't give up 'cuz we're all counting on you... :hugblue:

MM
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 15th, 2006, 2:00 pm

falisamarie ... Glad to see that you whipped the foodie monster. I've had a few instances where I really wanted something to eat, and it wasn't because I was hungry LOL. My name is Arklahoma and I'm a food addict!

You're doing a great job and I look up to you, very much!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mom23 » April 15th, 2006, 2:13 pm

Lisa, I had started a long reply to you, but my son grabbed the mouse and poofed it... :hammer:

Anyway -- I am so proud of you :hugblue: -- you were able to stand up to the fast food demon and say "NO". :stickwack: That was a very BIG step in this journey we are all taking to shed the unwanted pounds.

Seeking refuge or solace in foods is a very common thing for over-weight people, but when you really think about it what does it do for us? :dunno: It only leaves us fatter, full of guilt, and the problems remain. :sadblue:

You are getting stronger and you can do it! :weightlift: You can't give up! You have come too far! Plus, we need you here! ;)

Next time you come face to face with that wrong food demon :aarggh: -- take a deep breath, get away - get far away, and say a prayer.

We're here for you Lisa! Don't forget that! :heart:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby lauradr » April 15th, 2006, 3:31 pm

Lisa, I Found this thought about you, and its so true for the my daughter was----The Images of Mother:

4 YEARS OF AGE
My Mommy can do anything!
8 YEARS OF AGE
My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!
12 YEARS OF AGE
My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.
14 YEARS OF AGE
Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.
16 YEARS OF AGE
Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.
18 YEARS OF AGE
That old woman? She's way out of date!
25 YEARS OF AGE
Well, she might know a little bit about it.
35 YEARS OF AGE
Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.
45 YEARS OF AGE
Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?
65 YEARS OF AGE
Wish I could talk it over with Mom.....
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Pashta » April 15th, 2006, 3:51 pm

That is so true Laura, love it. :heart:

Lisa, you will make it through, I know you won't throw everything away like that! Some days will be harder than others, I'm sure, but that is to be expected. Once through it, you WILL be stronger for it and feel so GREAT about yourself for succeeding once again!!

:hug: :rose:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 15th, 2006, 6:01 pm

Lisa,

You are truly an extremely strong and spiritually mature woman and I have admired you from day one. I love reading your posts and you are always here for all of us - always with good advice or just a word of comfort.

I wish there was something I could say or do to help you through whatever crisis you are going through; but I know that you have a Comforter that you can turn to and He will give you the peace and wisdom you need to deal with your daughters.

Congratulations on not giving into temptation - don't know if I'd be that strong. I think we are always going to have to deal with that initial reaction of going to food for comfort. Funny how as much as we love the Lord and give our lives to Him, we don't think of going to Him first when we need help - we automatically go to food. I pray that each passing day you will get stronger and stronger and that urge to go to food when you are upset will happen less and less (I pray that for myself as well).

Hugs and prayers are being sent your way and please feel free to vent or as for advice - you've given enough to all of us over the last 3 months; we can take a turn :D
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby JustJeni » April 15th, 2006, 6:28 pm

Lisa Hugs to you! Hope things get better! Stress, sadness and things like that try to send me on a bad spin. Just be strong and think about how great your going to look and feel at goal! Your worth it! :hug: :hug:
♥♥Jeni♥♥
JustJeni
Preferred member

Next

Return to The Weight Room