Ready to throw it all away

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby supermom » April 15th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Good job to you. You fought the urge. You know, overeating is just like any other addiction. It is a disease and it can't be beat out of your life easily. You have proven to yourself that you can and you will maintain the guidlines of the MF plan. Personally, if I had to go to Mc D's to get food for my family, I would PUKE!! I HATE that place. Burger King, a different story. Chik Fil A, my all time favorite. Anyway, back to you. You are so good at supporting the rest of us through our ups and our downs. It is your turn to get some uplifting. We are all here for you and we are all proud of you for saying "NO" to the binge. Keep your head held high and be proud of yourself. I have no idea what is going on with your girls, but I assure you, you are strong and you love them, as do they you. It may be hard, but you will get through this together. Please let me know if I can do anything to help you. PM me if you would like my phone number. Have a Blessed and HOPPY Easter.

He is RISEN from the dead and He is Lord. Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Depend on him.
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby marla2005bear » April 15th, 2006, 6:56 pm

Hang in there Lisa! You made a big step, not giving in. Be proud of yourself, stand tall, and know that we are here for you! Thanks for always being encouraging!

Newbie,
Marla :bananadance:
marla2005bear
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Lizabette » April 15th, 2006, 9:05 pm

LISA DEAR,

I have the utmost faith in you...you will come through this trying time. You have read the posts of all those whom you have supported and encouraged in times past..and who are now holding you up when it seems you cannot do it alone.

Lisa, there will always be times in our lives when discouragements will come. ..children will disappoint, families will fail, friends will betray, and we will feel the terrible urge to comfort ourselves with food...but we will make it through those times with God's help and with the help of others

...who love and care for us. :heart:

Lizabette

l
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lauren » April 17th, 2006, 1:13 pm

Lisa-

Sorry I am just seeing this today...hope you're feeling better already!

Yeah, food will always play a role in our lives, but hopefully the role will decrease or our lives will be so full that it doesn't feel as pervasive down the road.

What's interesting (and what I tell myself) is that any crisis you encounter will be easier managed and handled now than it would've been prior to MF. This is not only because you're thinner, but more because you're EMPOWERED. Staying true to a diet or process that's all about improving YOU is a totally empowering and enriching experience, and one that leaves our hearts and souls more full, and more capable of taking on big life issues. I find that every situation seemed overwhelming before MF, and that's because life felt out of control. Well, now, Lisa, you have a tremendous amount of control, and I promise it will help you in your family issues.

With that being said, don't be frustrated that stress led you back to the thoughts of food. For ex-smokers, stress brings them thoughts of cigs, for ex-drinkers, thoughts of beer, and for us? Thoughts of food. The goal is to not give it any more power than a thought.

Keep strong little lady, and it will all work out in the end!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » April 17th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Lisa,

I'm so sorry that you're going through some tough times with your girls right now. That really stinks. I do want to tell you how proud I am of you for not turning to food during this trying time. Do you know how huge this is? Believe me it's huge. ;) You're going to win this battle with food. I know it. You're just amazing.
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Allison Onederland » April 18th, 2006, 10:08 am

Lisa, that subject line almost gave me a heart attack! :shock:

Ok, here is my two cents on the subject of "emotional" eating. (And that's about all it's worth!) But first, I'm not a therapist nor do I play one of TV. I just have a busy brain that likes puzzles! :)

When I'm upset about something and holding it in I automatically think of food as something to make me feel better. Kids out of control? Hubby taking me for granted? No prob, head to the kitchen for some oreos and milk and pretend the problem will either go away or I'll tackle it another day. I'm the queen of "just not up to dealing with it today"! Sooo, where has that left me? Waaay overweight! Ok...I'm just gonna flat out say it...Obese!

Someone already mentioned "control". That is so important. You already have control over yourself and what you put in your mouth. (hurray for resisting McD's!!) Now you need to take control over how you respond to the stress in your life. You already know that if you bury the stress (hold it in) the next step is to make it all better by eating something yummy (but bad for you!).

Most of the folks here are women, and I'm sure most of us were taught to keep the peace at all costs. Confrontation is baaaad. If something upets you, walk away. If someone hurts your feelings, ignore them. If no one seems to appreciate you, there must be something wrong with YOU. Sound familiar to anyone???

I had an epiphany one day. In order for me to be in complete control of my physical and emotional well being I was going to have to deal with those upsetting, upleasant things right away and not let the stress cause self destructive behaviour. I don't always jump right in to a situation. I might go to the guilty party and say "I'm so upset right now that I can't discuss this but when I've calmed down we WILL be discussing it!" (Let the guilty party sweat for a while, let them get stressed, not you!) Then, I'll think things over for a few minutes or a few hours, decide what the best course of action is and go for it! I still make mistakes when dealing with problems but...I'm human. We all are. It takes time to change a lifetime of learned behavior and it ain't easy!!

Lisa, be as kind and gentle with yourself as you are with everyone else. You deserve it more than anyone else! From one mother of teenage girls to another..."This too shall pass".
Allison Onederland
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby She2chat » April 18th, 2006, 8:35 pm

Lisa,

I am so sorry that you are having a tough time right now. We all need to support you so much, because you are so supportive to all of us.. You deserve to be happy, and you have come so far!

I can totally relate to Emotional eating.. I got this way dealing with Mental and Emotional Abuse by eating.. Food was my friend.. My Best Friends were not people, but Mcdonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King and Chicken Strips from Safeway, Albertsons etc.. I ate everything in the sun that was Fried and I Liked it! I couldn't have been abusing my body more.

I know that I'm not "Over" all my "issues", but I darn sure want to conquer them.. I want to rule them, not them rule me. :twisted:
You have done a wonderful job Passing up "Comfort", its never easy.. I'm sure it will be tougher for me on Maintenance. I take the kids to McDonalds at least once a week, so I totally "get" your feelings..

Remember, We can conquer anything with God's help!

Take Great Care,

God Bless,
:angel:

Sheila
She2chat
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby Becky » April 18th, 2006, 8:37 pm

I am so proud of you for grabbing on to that "way of escape" and not giving in to the temptation. God promises us that he will provide it for us, we just have to keep our eyes open & look for it. I myself am on the No Cheat wagon this time around... and I haven't even thought about cheating until the other day when I walked out of my building & there was one of those polish dog stands out front with the scent wafting by. Was I crazy?? If I was going to cheat, it would definitely be something REALLY good & HOMEMADE... not a $1.50 polish dog! It's so weird how those thoughts pop into our minds & tastebuds when we get stressed out. I will not cheat though, but every once in a while we have a close encounter & we need to watch for that way of escape! Hang in there--you help keep all of us on the straight & narrow. :D
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby summerblue » April 23rd, 2006, 6:46 pm

Oh Lisa - I"m new here, and I don't know you that well but I am sorry you have to deal with things like this.

There is a saying that I say when things happen in my life;

"If it does not kill me, it will make me stronger"

You have US! keep your chin up!

LOVE..........Mara
Start Date: September 17, 2006!!!!

DH also on MF, Kids Are 12 and 10 - and of course OAKLEY the dog :-)
summerblue
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 25th, 2006, 9:28 pm

Hi Lisa,
I was thinking about you today and went back to this post. The fact that you remained SO strong with EVERYTHING that is going on in your life is a testament to how important this journey is to you. I am SO proud of you for not letting food be a crutch or a comfort when LIFE comes at you in the form of a curve ball.

You are one of the brightest lights on this forum and I know for a fact that I wouldn't have remained compliant without your love, encouragement and support. I offer that to you now (and forever)!

You'll get through this. Your gaggle of kidlets has one of the neatest ladies in the world as a role model. You've done so well and all of you will get through this with flying colors!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Previous

Return to The Weight Room