About to throw in the towel

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby sheila » July 26th, 2006, 2:56 pm

Hi all.I am feeling better today. Emotionally, not physically. When I wok up today with a pounding headache, I was once again reminded of why I shouldnt drink. Anyhow, I talked to the husband this morning. He apologized, of course. He was having a bad day too. I dont know how things are going to work out. I just have to keep praying, and seriosly, NO MORE WINE!!!!Alright Laurie, big girl panties are on today, and I am back in the drivers seat. Thanks for all of your advice and prayers. You guys are really the best. Sorry if I sounded rediculous last night. Dede, please dont take offense to my comment about Marines. Im sure your dad is a great guy, I mean, he'd have to be, to have a daughter that turned out as great as you. I was just angry at MY Marine last night. He was just acting like since he IS a Marine, he was the only one with an important job. I told him this morning, that I know his job is importabt, and he does his job very wll, and I admire the fact that he gets up at 5 am almost eveyday and runs. I just felt like he was being very mean yesterday. I appreciate all of our military folks for doing what they do. I would hate to think what kind of country we'd be living in today if we didnt have em'.Soooo, there it is. I know it will all work out. Thanks for helping me with this.
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » July 26th, 2006, 3:20 pm

Wow. Missed this whole thread last night somehow, but i'm SO glad you're doing better today, Sheila.

Hang in there, and I'm glad he apologized. I'm sure the financial stresses are weighing on BOTH of you.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lizabette » July 26th, 2006, 4:58 pm

SHEILA,
Just want you to know that our prayers are with you. Image
And just so happy you are feeling much better today!

Guess you know that we love you and know you are going to make it through this situation with flying colors! Image

Image Lizabette :heart:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 26th, 2006, 7:23 pm

Hi Sheila,
OF COURSE I didn't take offense! What I meant to say is that I had a Marine in the house for YEARS and know what that entails! I was right there with you! I love Marines, but they're a handfull!

I'm so glad you're better today! Everything will turn out for you, I KNOW IT!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sidrah » July 27th, 2006, 1:28 am

Glad the week is getting better for you! Sometimes, one thing has to take a back seat so you can focus on another. NO worries. From what I have read, you have what it takes to handle it all! Sometimes it just takes some time to think about it
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » July 27th, 2006, 12:37 pm

sheila i hope things improve for you ! you are such a great person and very inspirational to alot of us here. and we are definitely here if you need to let out some of your stress *hugs*
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Zinkette99 » July 27th, 2006, 6:03 pm

Sheila I just saw this thread today and I am SO glad you're doing better. Believe me, I know what its like to feel like you are powerless and that everything is crumbling around you. But like someone said before.. YOU come first.

Oh God I miss Riesling! :) Good choice.
25 years old
5'8
Started MF'ing: 6/5/06
267/247/135

"Strive for perfection, allow for error. If you haven't given up, you haven't failed."
Courtesy of ChiNut :):)
Zinkette99
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby oldokie » August 7th, 2006, 1:54 pm

A lot of us have gone through those kinds of stresses ... in my case, a business failure, foreclosure of our house, thoughts of suicide, death of my wife ... but all those things eventually pass and life gets better.

Just hang in there and try to make the right decisions. You'll eventually look back on all this as a learning experience that makes you a better person.

You're taking an important step by trying to improve your health. Keep it up, and you'll be OK!
oldokie

Postby LisaNewYorkCity » August 9th, 2006, 8:49 am

Hi Sheila,
I'm so sorry that you are going through such a rough time. Business and financial stresses can really put a strain on a marriage and cause people to act like jerks. My husband and I have really struggled for the 7 years we have been together because he had gone back to school and then into a 6 year training program...we still have another year to go. I hate to admit that it has made us act mean at times. My grandmother always told me that "whenever everything goes bad, all of a sudden everything goes good." Not the most eloquent saying, but it always came true for me. Maybe some counseling could help both of you deal with your stress and marriage better. I hope things work out for you.
Lisa :)
LisaNewYorkCity

Previous

Return to Come on in.