Question about speed of weight loss

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Question about speed of weight loss

Postby JCatz » November 14th, 2005, 6:44 pm

Hi everyone... I have a question about the rate of weight loss you all have experienced. I understand that everyone loses at a different rate but I have been told by several people, those not on MF mind you, that even though I have lost 7 lbs in 5 days on the diet, I am really losing mostly water weight (I have been getting in all my water). I'm wondering if this is true and if next week I should expect my weight lose to slow way down?

Please let me know what you have experienced!
Jacqui C.

JCatz
Regular Member - #20 Club

Weight loss

Postby Jan » November 14th, 2005, 9:26 pm

Hi Jacqui,
We do lose quite a bit of water weight at first. But, don't worry those pounds lost also reflect some fat which is now gone ( my guess would be half water, half fat) Those who have a good deal to lose of course report more pounds lost each week than those with less to lose. In general it evens out to be 2 - 5 pounds each week. Some seem to lose much more quickly than others. I am wondering :?: why those people are being so discouraging :( and telling you it is all water weight. Seems to me they should just say "that's wonderful" :D when you report your weight loss. I guess we all must deal with some nay sayers :x Keep up the good work. It is your body, your health, and you weight loss. Plus, you are the one who will soon be looking for smaller clothes :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby JCatz » November 15th, 2005, 6:00 am

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply. So I'm guessing that my weight loss will slow down next week if part of it really is water. Oh well, I could dream anyway! :lol:

As for those "naysayers", I have a lot of people around me that are overweight as well so they don't want me to lose weight. I get the "it's not healthy to not eat a real breakfast" and "are you crazy, you don't need to go on a diet" all the time. Yeah right! That's why I'm a boarderline diabetic and my blood pressure has recently sky rocketed. I would love to look better (and fit into my old clothes) but mainly I started this because I was feeling so bad all the time. So regardless of what they say, I'm sticking to it!

These boards with all you folks and my talks with Nancy are all it takes to inspire me! Everyone is so supportive! :cleader:

Thank you! :bow:
Jacqui C.

JCatz
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Hyperion » November 15th, 2005, 6:25 am

Hi JCatz,

First, congratulations on your decision to follow Medifast.

For those naysayers, I may just say that you are the one deciding what enters and what doesn't in your mouth. You have to understand that you are fat because you don't eat well, or have bad habits, or whatever. It's not god's fault, it is yours entirely. OK, scolding done :D

If you know and accept that fact, it's much easier for you to stay on Medifast and focus on your health, not being influenced by those other people around you. Remember, those other overweight people have the same problem as you; they're just not at the point of accepting what is causing them to be fat.

To answer your question, I'm a 21 year-old guy on day 13, and my weight loss for the first week has been about 8 pounds. On the next 6 days, my weight loss has been about 5-6 pounds.

Although I'd love to tell you the first pounds are fat, it is clear that it's a good deal of water. HOWEVER, I can personnaly say I already feel much better with those pounds gone :)

I follow the complete fast, 5 supplements a day + 1 bar.

If you have any other questions, I'm here for you!
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to Weight Loss