Question about added fiber

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Question about added fiber

Postby lifelovinaries » April 10th, 2006, 7:05 pm

I'm not quite sure if this is the place to post this. If not, please guide me in the right direction. I always seem to have a problem with constipation (even with a regular diet) so I want to try to get a jumpstart on the anticipated constipation on MF. I have a product called Colon Cleanser (Health Plus) it is 100% psyllium husk. It can be mixed with water (or I assume mixing with my shake might make the fiber taste better it tends to get a little thick). Anyway, 1tbls has 5.12g carbs, 5.12g dietary fiber (24%rda), 4.14g soluble fiber, 6.5g psyllium husk fiber. Recommendation is 1tbls per day and to increase to 3tbls. over two weeks. Ingredients: Psyllium Husk, Citric Acid, tartaric Acid, Strawberry flavor, Aspartame. It says on the front "sugarfree --recommended for low carb diets, diabetic & cholesterol management" Does this sound acceptable to the MF way of life? Definitely don't wanna do anything to slow weightloss.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 10th, 2006, 9:00 pm

This is completely acceptable. Fiber is technically classified as a carbohydrate but our body doesn't process it as such. It just adds bulk and helps things to move along.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss