Prescriptions for weight loss and Medifast?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Prescriptions for weight loss and Medifast?

Postby deedle » January 13th, 2004, 9:29 pm

My dr just prescribed xenical for me to aid in weight loss. I told her about medifast, she didn't seem to care (i didn't tell her TRUE calorie intake or she'd freak). Anybody know about this stuff, I've been on it a week, and BOY can I say it does what the "side effects" says it does....any thought in how this relates to medifast plan? I don't want to use it as "training wheels" but dr said "it is proven, even in low fat diets to work well"....

Scared that the predicted outcome (pooping a lot) will become too...(I dunno...expected, overwhelming. productive...too much of a crutch)

need advice...but need to see results too new at this, can you tell? :hatch:

Peace,
Dee
deedle

Postby Jeanette » January 14th, 2004, 8:28 am

Forgive my ignorance, but...

What is Xenical?
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Maggie » January 14th, 2004, 9:43 am

Xenical is a drug which keeps your body from digesting fat. If you eat something fat, beware. It can cause (and I hate to be blunt) anal seepage It's Deedles choice, but I don't think I would want to take the chance of an accidental seepage. Or from what I have heard, I don't think there is any chance of constipation. The above statement is totally "In my humble opinion." Maggie
Maggie

Postby Jeanette » January 14th, 2004, 10:48 am

Umm...I had trouble with that just being on Medifast the first couple of days!

It sounds like this drug could dehydrate you, Dee. With a very low calorie diet, I don't think I would risk that. I would reconsider it.

Just my humble opinion...
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Postby deedle » January 15th, 2004, 9:24 pm

Thanks ladies - they DO claim what you thought might happen, but only on a high fat diet...but let's say urgency is an issue. Not sure I like that feeling...I usually would associate that with being ill, so not sure I like the idea yet...but reserving judgement for another week...thanks for your posts...I'll let you know how it goes :)

Dee
deedle

Postby Unca_Tim » January 16th, 2004, 9:15 am

Personally, i would NOT be adding any other diet aids to Medifast. Medifast has been clinically designed and approved "as is". I guess it's a call between you and your doctor. but in my opinion, i wouldn't.

If you want to email one of our nurses directly email:
judy@medifastdiet.net

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Weight Loss