Preparation Advice For Newbie

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Preparation Advice For Newbie

Postby FitQueen » June 21st, 2005, 6:37 pm

I am currently waiting for my shipment to arrive. I have been tracking it online. It should be here by fedex on tomorrow.

Is there anything I should do before I get started? Should I take a laxative?

Please share some of your preparation tips.

Thanks,

Ruth aka FitQueen
Ruth aka FitQueen

"Successful people do daily what unsuccessful people do occasionally. The secret to your success is in your daily routine."

Restart: 04/03/2007
FitQueen
Trusted Member

Postby victoria7 » June 21st, 2005, 6:46 pm

Hi Ruth,

I'm a newbie, too... Today marks my three weeks on the program! Yay!!!

I think that you're starting is great! I hope you enjoy being a big loser!!! ;-) Which I say with losing the extra pounds in mind!

I don't know nothing about no laxatives! That seems a little extreme to me... I think you'll do fine with just starting fresh tomorrow morning!

Before I started, I read all through these boards---invaluable advice! And great support! I, also, ordered some DaVinci's syrups and learned how to plan my MF times and what kind of snacks I could eat. I also got a blender...

Congratulations! and let us know how your first day goes!

-V7
05/31/2005
235/219.2/160
victoria7
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby kassilou » June 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm

Umm, first of all, I would not take a laxative. Some people do have "movement" issues as they continue on the program, but I would wait to see how things "go", IYKWIM. :mrgreen:

I would make sure I have some bouillon, pickles and celery around for snacking on as you may be hungry for the first couple days. Be prepared for headaches, as some folks experience them at first, too. After the first few days you will get into the groove, and will probably have to remind yourself to eat! Be sure to get in all your medimeals and water each day.

Happy shakin!!!
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Sablebaby » June 21st, 2005, 6:49 pm

Hi Ruth!

I just started today and so far so good! I am really liking the shakes and soups. I am quite surprised. Anyway, if you read my original post "starting 6/22/05!" you will see some of what I did to prepare.

I read everything I could from others and how they deal with the program. I figured out a schedule of when I would eat what (that helps a LOT). I got my bottled water ready. I bought my magic bullet blender and set it up and tried it a fews times. I cleaned out my cubboard. I ate my favorite meal one more time. :D (I won't go into details as it may trigger people, but it was yummy!) Hmm, anything else? Yes, I bought some extracts and davinci syrup (which I haven't needed to use just yet). But most importantly I became mentally prepared.

Good luck and check in here often and let us know how you are doing! :mrgreen:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby DogMa » June 21st, 2005, 10:51 pm

BTW, guys, Torani also makes sugar-free syrups with some variations in flavors from the DaVinci kind. And in addition to online, they're sold at Cost Plus World Market, Smart & Final and I think some Ross or Marshall's stores (all this from many discussions on another message board). Just FYI.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby FitQueen » June 22nd, 2005, 12:26 am

Thanks for your replies.

I am excited about this program.

I am looking forward to feeling and looking better.

I have read a lot of discussions about syrup. Why is that?

I have a blender. However, is the magic blender bullet better for mixing? I will have to get a shaker or blender for work. I read on one post that GNC had a good one that was battery operated.

Hopefully, my order will be here by tomorrow.

I will keep you posted on my progress and success.

Take care,

Ruth aka FitQueen
Ruth aka FitQueen

"Successful people do daily what unsuccessful people do occasionally. The secret to your success is in your daily routine."

Restart: 04/03/2007
FitQueen
Trusted Member

Postby suzyq » June 22nd, 2005, 7:17 am

Hi Ruth - Welcome! You are already off to a good start just by reading the forums and getting prepared. Davinici and others make sugar-free (sweetened with Splenda) syrups to sweeten the shakes, oatmeal, cookies, etc. They add a little variety to the plan. You can also use flavorings for the shakes - mix with diet sodas - orange, root beer, cream soda with vanilla, I like chocolate soda occasionally for the mocha, - or you can use things like peppermint oil for a chocolate mint shake, almond extract, orange extract, instant coffee. Don't be afraid to experiment! I also add spices to some of the soups and chili. There are lots of great recipies on this forum. :D

I have a blender at home that I use occasionally, but when I am out I just mix it in a drink container with measurments on the side - I have better luck mixing it with ice in it. Lots of people seem to have the Magic Bullet - some like it, some don't. It is small and portable but kind of expensive - around $50.

I agree with Victoria that you have to plan your meals - and have a back-up plan. Carry extra water bottles and shake packets in your car. Keep an extra bar handy - it is the easiest thing to carry around and a better choice than eating off plan if you are really hungry! You are only supposed to have one per day but if there is nothing else handy... :shock:

I look forward to seeing your progress!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.