Optifat, err..Optifast VS Medifast

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Optifat, err..Optifast VS Medifast

Postby Nancy » November 12th, 2003, 8:49 pm

Hi, Kids ~

BTW, Ellen and Mike you both had great comments regarding the differences betweenour product and Optifast.

I won't take the time right now to go into great detail as I am on my lunch break at work and am having a lot of interruptions.

Yup, Optifast and Medifast are similar because Medifast had its beginnings in Optifast, which was designed for use in a clinical or hospital setting. You’re right, Optifast does require physician monitoring and check-in.

We want you to check with your personal health care provider before starting any program that may change your health. If you are diabetic or take a lot of medications for High BP, etc. you must see that doc as often as he/she wants to see you, got it? ;)

I checked in every three months to have a blood draw and to have my BP checked. My doc was amazed. She knew nothing about Medifst until I informed her. She lost 30 pounds during the same 7 months that I lost 112 pounds. I went on to the transition plan and lost 18 more pounds. She gained back some of the weight she had lost. I look a LOT slimmer and am in better health than she is - she is 20 years younger than I am!

Dr.Vitale began with Optifast and then moved on to develop Medifast. We have the same roots.

Compared to Optifast, we have a very large selection of flavors and products – I believe we offer over 70 products now. I’m not in my office right now so can’t check to give you the exact numbers, but to be sure, it’s a substantial amount of juicy things. Gosh, I hate it when that happens. I like to be very precise. Just ask Mike. Hmm..maybe we can come up with a product for those momentary cerebral vacuums, you know when the brain’s memory processes slow down to that of a hibernating earthworm…maybe we will have Medifast Plus Memory Health…Ahh…the possibilities!

Anyhoo…I digress, which I am wont to do…

I think you’ll find that our numerous Medifast products are convenient, cost-effective, very healthy fast food and quite tasty. :boing:

Once you see how quickly you lose unwanted poundage and know how great you feel, if you are like mois, you’d be willing to eat cat doo of it helped ya to lose weight! :roll:

This tastes a WHOLE lot better than cat doo, a lot better than one of those “TV –type dinners” of frozen prepackaged meals that I had that have that well-known lady from California’s name on the blue and white package!

It tastes a WHOLE lot better than the 14 months of tiny shrimp scattered on a few lettuce leaves that I ate. Gosh, I can hardly gag down a cocktail shrimp any more. For MONTHS I ate only two meals per day – I had 4 ounces of shrimp, three leaves of lettuce and a tiny “supplement” packet of vitamins. Argh! Talk about feeling and being hungry. I was ready to wrestle the cat’s crunchies away from her. :brickwall:

Don’t even speak to me of cottage cheese…blech. Can’t handle it to this day. :puke:

Your experience with Optifast years ago just demonstrates one of the stark realities of Optifast and other institutional setting weight loss plans: once the weight was lost, you’re virtually set free to live life on your own and UNLESS behavior changes occur, you’ll go right back to doing what you were doing before you started. :uhuh:

Often the doctor says, “My, my, you’ve done a great job now go out there and exercise your brains out and don’t regain your weight.”

Cognitively we know what we are to eat but we do a lousy job of eating the correct size portions, we fail to eat often enough and we fail to eat the right things most of the time. We become cocky know-it-alls and all too soon, we are back to making the couch groan when it sees us in its vicinity.

One of my fave sayings: “If you keep on doing what you’re currently doing, where will you be one year from now?”

I have failed so many times to lose the unwanted weight and to keep it off. I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars, months of my life losing, working out and regaining. No More. I CANNOT take it emotionally. :table:

This is the LAST time I shall ever have to go through that process again. If you do it right, it’ll be your last time, too.

Many people have lost weight only to regain ALL and MORE. In fact, 85% of people that lose weight regain it. Our statistics are not a lot greater than that BECAUSE people are not WILLING to go thru the transition plan and to be accountable to others. Without accountability, Medifast is just another weight loss plan.

I purposely do not use the word DIEt, as the Medical Director of Medifast and Take Shape for Life Dr. Andersen says, “DIETS DON”T WORK!”

We all know that.

To be successful, it means a lifestyle change that we must choose or we shall all twang right back up there and be fatties forever. Dave, you can read about others that did not go through transition properly or that did not follow through with accountability. Gulp happens and the result of the gulps shows on our hips, our paunches and our buns… not a pretty sight, eh? :tears:

I DO NOT want a super-size ambulance to have to transport me if ever I am in an auto accident or have a medical emergency.

I DO NOT want my relatives or friends to have to call out the troops to carry my coffin someday because I failed to keep off the lard and weigh so much that 6 normal-sized people are unable to carry my casket from the back of the church to the front….

I DO NOT want my physician to write a description of me in my charts that reads, “Obese female…” (I have a friend that works in a hospital. She told me that the docs all write this on the top of a chart - before we are listed as a person, we are listed by our size. She said the docs ALL worry when an obese patient is on their list – obesity greatly complicates surgeries and our health in all capacities.

I DO NOT wanna shop in the large-size departments any more…

I DO NOT want to stay home from high school reunions, family gatherings, weddings, etc.

I DO NOT want to have people stare at me when I go to a buffet luncheon or supper…

I DO NOT want my kids to be teased or to hear their classmates make fun of their mother…

These are just SOME of the reasons why I am choosing to maintain my weight and to be accountable to others.

I DO NOT wanna go back to Egypt and the Land of Obesity. I lost 130 pounds. It took a lost of hard work. A LOT of saying “No thank you” when I would have rather have said, “Yes, Please! Give me a hunk of that!”

I did it, others have done it and still others are doing it right now - and so can you, Dave. :byebye:

Successful weight managers do these things:
1. Eat Breakfast
2. Exercise most days of the week (Gosh, how I HATED that word when I weighed 258 pounds!)
3. Plan – plan ahead what you will eat, be prepared when you leave your house! Just like Karl Malden says, “Don’t leave home without it!” I always have several extra meals with me just incase I ge stuck in traffic, at an airport, etc. Order your products in advance so that you do NOT run out – what a scary thought, eh?
4. Monitor their weight (Weigh regularly and frequently. No more of that”once every three months routine.” You can get out of control and do a LOT of damage in a very short period of time. I KNOW! I’ve been there, done that MORE times than I care to admit. Therefore, I weigh every day, others weigh weekly. I also wear form-fitting clothing so there is no hiding the fact if I’ve porked-out and no zipping of the leather pants or the jeans if I stray…)
5. East 5-6 smaller meals per day – every three hours. Smaller more frequent meals is important for maintaining our blood sugar at normal levels and helps to prevent over-eating.
6. Support – be accountable to others. That goes without saying….

Read my November Newsletter! There are a lot of tidbits in there to help you along on your journey to wellness and happy health maintenance. :thumbup:

Welcome to my website and the Forum. Things can get weird out there in the world and it can get sortta goofy here on the Forum at times, but lemme tell ya, Little Darlin’, NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels!

We’re here for ya, Man! :stroll:

Go for your goal. Shake that shake and shake your booty! Soon, you’ll be a member of the Tiny Hiney Club. Like mois. :hi5:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Pet Peeve Alert

Postby Jeanette » November 13th, 2003, 11:15 am

Okay okay, I can't take it anymore! PET PEEVE alert!

Nancy, I love ya sweets, and I don't mean to be a picky gal, BUT--

When you use the French word for "me" , it is "MOI", not "MOIS"!

S'il vous plait! Merci!

PS: Give me some slack--I'm still in week 1 and a little grouchy! :)
Jeanette :star:
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Thanks

Postby Nancy » November 13th, 2003, 7:49 pm

Hey, Jeanette,

Thanks for the French lesson! I needed that!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Weight Loss