Just Started Optifast in Australia

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby Nancy » February 9th, 2005, 3:03 am

You are welcome!

Yep, you'll wear a path to the privvy but just think! You are getting exercise and also getting to leave your desk and office mates for a while! Don'tcha love the change of scenery?

Make a list of all the reasons why you want to lose weight and what you will be able to enjoy once you reach your goal. That will help you to stay focused.

I had a shake tonight mixed in the blender and it was ooh-la-la! Loved it - it was better than ice cream and it was good for me, too!

Slurp n' burp and think thinny thoughts...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby bizzieliz » February 23rd, 2005, 4:05 am

Hi all,
I have been reading all your postings and I am so proud of you guys. I want to start the Optifast program but I can't find any to buy a the moment. Everyone seems to be sold out. Two weeks ago I weighed in at 150kg and got the biggest fright of my life. Now I am desperate for a solution. By the way, I'm an Aussie to. Jason is actually quite wrong about Queensland in North Australia. You should visit Victoria. It has magnificent scenery even it is closer to Antartica. The Great Ocean Road is magnificent. Melbourne is the best place for everything. Oh ..... Victoria Bitter is the best beer to drink in Australia....sorry jason. Back to the Optifast. I think that it would be a good idea to start an on-line support group in Australia. I don't know how to start, but it's a great idea. I can understand how difficult it must be for men (particularly in Australia) to get support. It's hard enough for us women.
Nancy keep up the great tips. They are very helpful and encouraging. Keep up the good work.

Bye for now

Libby
bizzieliz

Postby Nancy » February 23rd, 2005, 11:52 am

Thank you, Libby - we want you to be healthy and reach your goals, too!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Guest » February 28th, 2005, 11:15 pm

Hi bizzieliz and everyone else
How are you.
Im Brad and im from tassie. I started the optifast program - but fell of the wagon- but i have started again and have got past the 3 day hump!!! YAYYYYYYY. You can get OPTIFAST online at <snip>no urls please - Mr. Snippy</snip> . Wishing you all the sucess on the OF program. WE DO DESERVE TO BE HAPPY!!!
Cheers Brad

Postby Stuart » March 13th, 2005, 6:37 am

G'Day everyone. My name is Stuart and I'm from that boring city in Australia called Adelaide (according to Jason).

Wow.....what a great forum. I started Optifast 6 days ago and am feeling great. You're right about the first 3 days being difficult but now no cravings except when my wife sends me to the bakery! As I am a shift worker it has been a little hard especially not being able to snack but hey, I guess that was part of my problem in the first place. I too haven't been bothering with the 2 cups of vegetables, but have been having the occasional clear soup and low calorie jelly.

I tend to use the chocolate shake when I am at work and use the vanilla shake at home but add a drop of diet ice cream topping to change the flavour. Unfortunately my pharmacy doesn't stock the dessert.

When I started I was 113Kg and hoped to lose about 20kg. Weighed myself today and I was already down to 108.5Kg. To keep me busy and to avoid temptation I have started back at the gym and feeling all the better for it. Although you quickly start to notice all the food ads on TV.

I guess my only concern is when I start the transition back to normal food I will put weight back on. Hopefully going to the gym might help.

Anyway great to be able to talk to people in the same boat.

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart

Postby raederle » March 13th, 2005, 10:58 am

Hi Stuart! Great to meet you! Congrats on your success so far-- I can't believe you are able to visit a bakery and still be compliant. Your wife is cruel! ;) I would've required physical restraint to keep me from the choc chip muffins...

Just wanted to say I share your concern about keeping the weight off (I worry I'll relapse into my nacho-gobbling, crazed self), but the Medifast program outlines a gradual transition back to real food that is supposed to ease your body back into eating and prevent drastic weight gain. (I imagine Optifast would work the same.) And yep, including regular exercise during the transition phase is recommended, so you're already thinking along the right lines. Don't worry; when we get there, we'll figure it out! There are several folks here who used MF to reach goal and have successfully maintained it for years (take our beloved den mother, Nancy, for example!), so they have lots of hard-earned experience to share. We'll make it!

Anyway, cheers, and welcome!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » March 13th, 2005, 3:25 pm

Hey down there, Stuart ~

Welcome. Like you, I lived in fear of regaining my flabbage. Now I know how not to. I eat 6-8 times a day- small low-fat low-calorie meals and I incorporate several Medifast products each day because I like how I feel when I eat it, it keeps my calories low and the meals are healthy and fast to prepare.

Here is Dr. Andersen's Be Slim anacronym for maintaining a healthy BMI.

B = Breakfast - Eat breakfast every day within an hour of waking, it'll get your metabolism going.
E = Exercise every day. Get walking, dancing, participate in sports, house & yard projects.
S = Support - Get your health advisor, your family & friends to hold you accountable to your weight, your new lifestyle system and to adhere to your schedule.
L = Low Fat, Low Calorie every day - 5 to 6 small healthy meals a day. Do not skip meals and donot overeat two days in a row!
I = Individual Plan - Develop and use a plan or system that works for you.
M = Monitor your weight regularly. Measure your weight frequently and use a pair of jeans for a gauge. Once they feel snug, do something about it.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Brad_from_Tassie » March 19th, 2005, 4:03 am

Hay Stuart-
OOOOps i went off the program- had a death in the family and i just couldnt do it- but im ready to jump back into optifast again and suceed this time! I to work shift work (at an aged care facility). I agree with the TV adds- lol every where you look there is an add for somthing full of fat!
Anyway good luck and keep in touch
Cheers
Brad_from_Tassie

Hi Brad!

Postby cthrn007 » March 19th, 2005, 9:47 am

Hello again Brad from Tassie.

We are all very sorry to hear about the death in your family.

Don't worry about falling off the Wagon because you have done the right thing and got yourself right back on track!!
Hang in there and know that we are keeping you in our Medifast Prayers and wishing you the best of success!

Happy Shaking!
~C
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Previous

Return to Weight Loss