Just started.....AGAIN!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Just started.....AGAIN!

Postby ShineGirl » April 6th, 2005, 11:27 am

HI Everyone....I'm kind of new to the program. I started at the end of November, but fell off the MF wagon shortly after beginning. Now I have a new-found determination that I know will make me successful this time around. I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been reading the posts for a couple of days and just now signed on again. I started on April 4th, so I'm still ready to gnaw my arm off after two hours. The 4th day is tomorrow...thank goodness :cleader: My husband and are doing this together (we fell off the wagon together) so I know we''l do it this time... we're sick and tired of being sick and tired. Time to get off our butts and make a change in our lives....no one else will do it for us right? Hope everyone is doing well shakin' your jars! Have a good one, Krissie
ShineGirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 6th, 2005, 11:51 am

HI,

I have also started for the second time and feel like I have a new determination. I guess I don't have much faith in myself though since I used the words "feel like". I really want to lose the weight. I too am sick and tired of being overweight. I feel like people are always watching me to see what I eat.

My problem is my husband has fantastic metabolism and can eat anything he wants, even at age 41. He loves to snack at night and we love the same snacks so it is very hard for me to watch him eat while I sip on a shake. I hate him :-P Just Kidding! ;) Actually he is very supportive of me but is not very confident that I will stick to it considering I haven't been able to stick to anything for more than 1 month.

Anyway, we can do this. We can get to the weight we want. We just have to believe in ourselves.

Lose, Lose, Lose.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » April 6th, 2005, 11:58 am

Shinegirl...Welcome...so glad you joined us . ...:D... ..regardless of how many times it's been....the positve is you fell down but didn't stay down...you picked yourself back up... :exercise: .....YOU CAN DO THIS.... :yes: ....this is probably minor in comparrison to some of the other things you've accomplished in your life....my best to you

Donna..dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby ShineGirl » April 6th, 2005, 12:07 pm

Thanks to you both for welcoming me. I honestly was a little embarrassed to sign on again since I blew it the first time. Then I was thinking....There are so many people who try something go on and off it. I know this is the case otherwise all the diets on the market wouldn't say, "Results Not Typical." Now how's that for encouragement? I think it would be hard for me too if my husband had great metabolism. You think yourself, he's having it, why can't I? Your husband hasn't actually told you he doesn't think you'll succeed has he? Or maybe you just think that's what he thinks. Thank you so much for the kind words.....we're not going to allow ourselves to be cheated from a life where were feel at peace with ourselves. Oh yah, how the heck do you get that ticker factory picture on your posts. I've tried to go to the website and I actually picked out a pretty cute one, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get it on the website without coming up as writing instead of a picture. I't rather challenging for me to figure these darn computers out. Geez! Krissie
ShineGirl

Postby kassilou » April 6th, 2005, 12:35 pm

Hi, Shinegirl. Don't be embarrassed about "blowing it" before. You're starting again...that's what's important. We are faced with challenges every day and coming here will help you keep compliant. At least it helps me.

About the ticker....are you copying the BB code? I think that's the one you're supposed to copy. I can't be sure right now, because I do mine at 3 fat chicks and haven't had to change it for a while. For some reason with that one I can change the weight in the code without having to make a whole 'nother ticker.

Welcome!
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby ShineGirl » April 6th, 2005, 12:42 pm

I know I'm trying not to be too hard on myself. Ok, I tried the bb code....we'll see if it works. Talk to you all soon, Krissie
ShineGirl

Postby DonicaB » April 6th, 2005, 1:01 pm

No, my husband has never said he doesn't think I will succeed. I just get the feeling that he is not too sure about my success. You have to understand he has watched me fail time and time again for 14 years.

Before he eats his snack at night, he always says "Will it bother you if I have popcorn?" or something like that. Of course I say "NO" but it kills me to smell it. I can actually do without eating it because I know I am gaining more by not eating it than I am by eating it. (Not weight of course but I am gaining success)

Anyway, keep up the good work.

We will overcome! :lightbeam:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby ShineGirl » April 6th, 2005, 1:55 pm

Keep up the good work. I know it's hard to stay so positive sometimes. Even though you say he's watched you try and fail for 14 years, just keep thinking....he won't watch me fail this time! Most of my friends are thosse type of people who aren't exactly poster children for good eating habits and they're all thin or average weight. In the last year I have gained 35 pounds. Actually, at least there's a reason...about 2 months ago I found a growth on my neck....low and behold I have a goiter and nodules on my thyroid....My endocrinologist put me on Synthroid....no wonder I've gained weight, been so tired, unmotivated. Of course she also told me not to go on a very low calorie diet either.....wow, I just listen so well haha! This seems to just work for me and I am able to be successful.....Most of us are immediate gratification people....losing 1 pound a week when you have 70 to lose is a little unnerving! :x I know I'll do it this time and you will too.....prove your husband wrong (his thoughts:) Krissie
ShineGirl

Postby DonicaB » April 6th, 2005, 3:23 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. I will prove it to him. We will both succeed.

I totally know what you mean when you talk about getting discouraged when you only lose 1lb or less a week. This is a great program. I cannot believe how easy it is. Right now I am doing shakes only but plan to go to 5 + 1 soon. I hope to find some good ideas on my lean & green meal here. I am terrible at planning meals period. My poor family has been fending for themselves since I started last Saturday on MF. Thank goodness they are so good about supporting me. :lol:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby ShineGirl » April 7th, 2005, 9:41 am

We'll just have to prove everyone wrong....I know people keep thinking...another diet? Yah right....why are you fatter than before? Of course they don't say it but I feel like they think it. I avoid social situations like the plague. I haven't seen some of my friends in over a year because I'm afraid of what they'd think. Sad I know. But......no more excuses...no more feeling sorry for ourselves.....time to work on us! Keep your chin high in the air like you are all that AND a Medifast shake......(not bag of chips) haha! It's my fourth day...hopefully the want and need to consume everything will soon be a distant memory! Have a great day! Krissie
ShineGirl

Return to Weight Loss