oksoonergirl 26's journey to a better a life

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: oksoonergirl 26's journey to a better a life

Postby sidrah » July 26th, 2009, 3:26 pm

Congratulations. You are doing very well. Very good role model.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Stihl » July 29th, 2009, 3:57 am

Great job Sooner - just saw your fire sale in the swap n shop. Must feel pretty great not needing those sizes anymore!

COngrats on all your success

Goal 1: 195 by August 24th - CHECK
Goal 2: 157 by November 26th. lose 28.6#/73 days = .392#/day
Stihl
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby DogMa » July 29th, 2009, 1:02 pm

oksoonergirl26 wrote:I don't want to change my ticker, but I want to document the first 53 gone and keep on towards the next 50 or 55.

Awesome!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » August 6th, 2009, 7:34 am

I have not been on plan for a week now....I am mad at myself, but I am in a really bad place emotionally and I not receiving much support from my husband. My mother-in-law decided to come for a visit and when she is here, I am a basket case. It hasn't been as bad as it normally is, but everytime I turn around she is bringing junk food into my house, she doesn't want me to go to the gym, she wants a piece of pie, etc...I have gained a pound because of the poor food and no exercise. I am also tight on the money, so I am only eating one or two MF meals a day. I am so ready for my raise to kick in. Unfortunately, I am getting closer to the beginning of school (which is the real culprit behind my depression/anxiety MIL just exacerbates it) and I DO NOT want to go back to work. I am tired of responsibility, parents, and grading papers...I just want to walk out the door at 7:30, come home at 5:00 and not worry about anything else. I want a job that doesn't follow me everywhere. I am whining and blaming everyone else for my problems...not good. My problem with the depression and anxiety is that it totally and completely zaps any energy I may have. Also, I am slightly freaked out about the shooting at the gym in PA. I go to a LA Fitness and I realize how easy it was for that guy to get in with his guns, there is no security as long as you have your gym bar code, you are in...and who doesn't bring a bag to the gym??? I know that is an irrational fear, but I experienced the same thing after the OKC bombing and 9/11. Not to mention, I have been reading Daniel Silva's Gabriel Allon series and he always includes the factual information he uses to construct his terrorist cells and plots-seriously scary stuff!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby DogMa » August 6th, 2009, 6:47 pm

I used to go to LA Fitness, too. But I guess I'm more fatalistic. I figure you can die or be killed anywhere. Someone can hit you in the parking lot, or a semi could plow into your car on your way home. There's not much you can do about it but live your life and enjoy the time you have.

Sorry. I know that wasn't any help. At least you know that here in Texas, if a gunman DID come into the gym, 75 percent of the people in the gym are probably armed, too, and would open fire on the guy. :)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby oksoonergirl26 » August 7th, 2009, 7:45 am

HAHA!!! Thanks for making me smile. I did a little better yesterday, until the giant hamburger I consumed for dinner...I am running a 5K today, in the heat, and haven't exercised for a week, hopefully I survive. In-laws leave on Sunday and I am really ready to get back on schedule.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby DogMa » August 7th, 2009, 12:36 pm

Ugh. I don't know how you do it (or how you even FIND a weekday 5K) ... the heat index yesterday was 110!!! I won't even WALK outside when it's like this.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby oksoonergirl26 » August 7th, 2009, 9:40 pm

There is a website called http://www.active.com and when you plug in your zip you can choose activities from a variety of mile radius. This was a new race in McKinney and it wasn't too bad, the temperature started dropping right after the race started. The problem was when the wind died and I didn't fuel my body properly, so I only ended with a 41:20, about two minutes off my pace. They had a big "beach" party at a country club type establishment after the race, it was a good time. Now I have to get my life back on schedule and training. I haven't even stepped on the scale this week and I refuse to.
<edit>link viewed and accepted - UT</edit>
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby DogMa » August 8th, 2009, 5:27 am

Oh, yeah, I've been on there before. I guess I've never paid any attention to weekday races, since I can't do 'em anyway. And I take a break through the summer (the temps dropped? to 80 or so? LOL). I don't like to run outside unless it's below 70. Preferably MUCH below 70. Otherwise I just get too darn hot!

When it cools off, we should try to meet up for a race. Our times aren't that far off. I did the Zoo Run in 37:09; I'm hoping to break 36 next time.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby oksoonergirl26 » August 8th, 2009, 7:39 am

My next race will be on Labor Day and after that I don't know. I know there is a group out of Dallas called Thurston Racers or something and they sponsor races around White Rock. I want to do one of their races at some point (Octoberish maybe???). My plan is to start training for a half marathon, either San Antonio's Rock and Roll or the White Rock 1/2 Marathon in December. I just don't know if I can do it or not (the half marathon that is). I would love to meet up with you for a race! Have you ever done the Turkey Trot? I want to do that one too!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby DogMa » August 9th, 2009, 5:13 am

Nope, I'm always out of town at Thanksgiving, so I can never do that one. I wanted to do the Turkey Trot in the Bay Area, but I'm never able to do THAT, either. And a half-marathon? Cool!! My doc wants me to do a 10K, but I told him I don't want to do one until I can run a full 5K. So far I still walk a lot of it.

I figure I won't do another race here till probably November. It's just too darn hot for me. My heart rate gets high enough as it is! (And I'm not going to take those beta blockers. I just think that'd be a mistake.)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Stihl » August 9th, 2009, 9:05 am

Wow that sounds really cool Sooner. Good luck with all the races!

I haven't run anything yet, but I think I'm going to set a goal of running at least a half marathon, maybe a full by the end of next school year (Next May). If the guys on the Biggest Loser can do it (the half marathon, anyway) while they're still going through the process then I should be able to do it when I'm finished right? Haha, we'll say - I think I might be setting my sights a bit too high, but I'm okay with that.

Keep on rocking the program. Good luck!

Goal 1: 195 by August 24th - CHECK
Goal 2: 157 by November 26th. lose 28.6#/73 days = .392#/day
Stihl

Postby oksoonergirl26 » August 9th, 2009, 9:14 am

I plan on training for a marathon next April, according to my friend the marathoner you should have a really stable year of running before training for a marathon, so I am going to take her advice. I will be 34 in November and my goal is to run a marathon before I turn 36, so my target marathon is the Rock and Roll in Las Vegas the first week of December 2010 I will be 35. I started running in April, so that gives me the year. I don't know if I will ever be able to jog an entire race without stopping to walk, but I am more interested in long distance that speed. I am in the age group where women get faster and the men get slower. The race I ran on Friday the overall winner was in my age group and she did the race in 22:00, one of my 18 year-old students won her age group in 26:00 and that just blows my mind because the 18 year-old guys kick the 34 year-old men's butts! I am also not sure if I am on a 1000 calorie diet how to train for a marathon without eating away all my muscle.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby DogMa » August 10th, 2009, 7:32 am

I'm in the age group where we ALL get slower. LOL. I do know one person who's just a few months younger than me who lost weight the same time I did and started running marathons a year or two ago. (Funny thing is, she's had a lot more trouble maintaining her loss than I have. Not that I think they're related - other than that my guess is she thinks that all that running means she can eat whatever she wants.)

I think you're right, though. I don't think it's healthy to train for a marathon while on such a low-calorie diet.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby oksoonergirl26 » August 12th, 2009, 7:50 am

I agree, I think that just because you exercise a whole lot, doesn't mean you can eat whatever whenever. My very thin friend watches her calories and workouts six days a week. She takes off on Sunday and eats what she wants (in moderation) and she has maintained her weight loss for three years. I have been back on track for three days now and I feel so much better. The mother-in-law visit almost finished me off, thankfully I didn't gain anything while she was here. I just really wanted to be at 160 before school started, but that won't be there. So I just will settle for 165 by the 24th. I am eagerly awaiting a raise so I can go and buy new clothes! I have held off on buying much because I wasn't sure where I would be, well I am at the point where I have no work clothes at all. I have like 2 dresses and 2 tops and 1 pair of pants-not much to work with. Even when I was heavy I was known as the "cute" teacher who dressed nice and trendy (and rarely wore the same outfit twice), so I have a reputation to maintain!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal