oksoonergirl 26's journey to a better a life

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: oksoonergirl 26's journey to a better a life

Postby DogMa » August 12th, 2009, 2:22 pm

That's great that you didn't gain with her there!! I know it was a stressful time for you, so congratulations!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » August 16th, 2009, 7:09 pm

I was back on plan all week, I even exercised four times this (five if you count wakeboarding, today-which I do!)week; unfortunately I had a carb meltdown that involved some Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Fruity Pebbles. I am not as in control as I thought I was. I officially go back to work tomorrow and it will be nice to hear the compliments, but there are always mandatory luncheons and breakfasts that I have to attend and I still really struggle with people eating "normal" food in front of me. My husband has been very considerate about only eating "real" food when I can have my L and G. I just don't want to go back, that's all it really boils down to.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby katesmom » August 19th, 2009, 7:05 am

Hi !
Thanks for supporting me as I finally understand that I am addicted to food !
Yes, I too, have difficulty watching others as they eat "normal" food in front of me. I am an educator and have to go back to school on Monday where there are "back to school breakfasts" in every school ! UGH !
I will persevere too, because a muffin, pastry, or coffee rolll aren't extending my life !!

Good Luck and it's great to be here with you !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » August 23rd, 2009, 10:02 am

Good luck with the new school year! My students will be back tomorrow and I know that it will take me a few weeks to get into a good groove-I know that getting in my exercise will be hard at first, the food part should be easy, but I imagine that I will be spending a lot of money on take-out at first. I tend to get very exhausted about the first three weeks, until everything levels out. I am also not sure how my last semester of graduate classes are going to go either. I just re-committed for another 16 weeks at the center and try to lose another 50 pounds.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby oksoonergirl26 » August 28th, 2009, 8:51 pm

I survived the first week of school, sort of. I did good with food and working out until Thursday. I have been working on my master's degree for a year and half. I want to be a librarian. One of the librarians was suppose to retire at the end of this year. She decided to retire the second day of school. I have discovered that there are three other people in my district who want this job. I was really truly hoping that I would be transferred into the job. I was not and they are not going to make a decision until next year. My principal basically doesn't want me to leave my post, so he will not release me. I am more than likely going to have to leave the district to get a librarian job for next school year. I just couldn't handle the stress and the disappointment so last night I had four dinner rolls and potato salad along with my brisket and turkey. I have some really full and active (teacher talk for heinous) classes, so today instead of going to the gym I went to Fuddrucker's and ate an entire cheeseburger and an order of fries and to top it off I ate ice cream too! I have to weigh in tomorrow at the Medifast Center and I am really scared of what it will say. I don't know how to get over this. I don't want to cook anymore and I want Splenda in all of my drinks. I keep getting take out and I know that it is going to cause me some financial issues if I don't reel it in really quick. I just want to sit on the couch and be sad. I am planning on running in the morning, because it is suppose be in the 70s, but I don't know. I had hoped that the compliments would keep me on track, but right now the thought of a crunch bar or a shake is totally repugnant! Of course the thought of buying all new clothes (I did manage to sell my entire old wardrobe) is a pretty darn good motivator. I really want to lose another 50, but I am wondering if I shouldn't just go for 20 and then see how I feel. I had a high school senior tell me she was jealous of how good I looked today! This student is beautiful and that is possibly the best compliment I have received!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby katesmom » August 30th, 2009, 5:58 am

Hi !
Thanks for checking in with me in my journal !
Iam back on again...HONESTLY this time.
I do not hav any other choices and don't want surgery !

I will try and stop by daily..

Glad to be back and can't wait to feel better !

The start of school was hectic but okay..
:D
Pam :)
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby sidrah » August 30th, 2009, 9:37 pm

I just finished writing the same exact thing about fatigue and the first month of school. So much to do that it just wears you out! I get you completely. It will just t ke a while to get out of the funk and get back into it. But, what a great compliment from a student and you know students tell the truth no matter how much it hurts. Some of them lack a filter.

You have done so good so far!
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Tawanda » September 1st, 2009, 2:35 pm

I'm sorry that you've had such a disappointment in not getting the librarian job and that you believe you'll have to leave the school district in order to get a job that you want. Stress and disappointment often send me to the corner with a good amount of comfort foods....I hope you are able to pull yourself back and find your motivation once again.

Take care of you!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » September 6th, 2009, 10:30 am

Thanks for the encouragement. I have been pretty good all week, but as usual I went off plan yesterday (dang cereal!). I exercised Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. I have another race tomorrow and I am hoping to run the 5K in 38:00. My husband and I are having some problems and that has me really bummed out. My son is a freshman in high school (he lives with his father) and the reality of him being so involved in school that I won't get to see him so much has set in and completely depressed me. The MF center recommended that I go on the "Daily Nutrition" plan where I only do 4 supplements and 2 smaller L&G. I am also able to eat 1 dairy or 1 fruit each day. It has been nice to have yogurt back in my life! I am really struggling with the added L&G-simply because it means that I have to pack a lunch or fix breakfast now instead of grabbing a supplement. I have also discovered that I really LOVE baby spinach and I don't want regular lettuce anymore. So that knocks out most fast food places for salads. I went to Subway to get a salad and they did pretty good, but it was expensive. I am so lazy when it comes to food preparation.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby sidrah » September 6th, 2009, 4:04 pm

I was going to suggest Subway, but I see you mentioned that. I usually get a mix of spinach and lettuce and then tuna, but lately the cold cut combo because no no on the tuna. It is about $5 and tax without the added drink/chips, so every once in a while it is not bad. I keep packets of WF individual packs in my desk.

I was shopping last night and realized how much cheaper it would be if I just cooked up chicken on a Sunday and had it for the week. So, I bought cottage cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, frozen vegetables, frozen chicken. It really is cheaper but the problem I have always had is that I suck at prep work. Maybe cooking at the start of the week and bagging it up might help you, too. I am going to try this week.

Have a good run!! :cleader:
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » September 8th, 2009, 7:14 pm

I totally hate prepping food, and my husband told me he is tired of chicken and salad. I think I am going to make a him a chicken and rice casserole (something I do not like) and tell him to eat that for the week. I did my 5K in 35:48!!! I was so excited.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby Tawanda » September 9th, 2009, 9:45 am

Congratulations on a great time in the 5k!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » September 13th, 2009, 11:23 am

I a cold/sinus infection something or other and it is wreaking havoc on my appetite (the doctor gave me steroids). Yesterday I just gave in and ate what I wanted because it made me feel better, and the same thing today. I just can't choke down a bar or shake, plus anything with dairy makes the sinus drainage even worse. I really just want some egg drop soup, but every Chinese restaurant around here is closed and I am not making it myself. I wish I just had some plain chicken broth. I tried to make some creamy chicken soup, but it just didn't help. The last time I had this I ended up with bronchitis and weakened lung capacity. I haven't tried to exercise at all. I need another day off from work to recover from this, but that isn't an option....
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby oksoonergirl26 » September 15th, 2009, 2:33 pm

Ughh...I hate being on steriods. I have gained three pounds since Saturday and I want to eat everything in my reach! I don't want to go to the gym because of my weakened immune system. This really sucks. On a more positive note "Biggest Loser" comes on tonight and I am super excited about it. There is a friend of a friend on there this season. She is a young widower who lost her husband, two-week old and five year old in a car wreck three or four years ago. That show was very pivotal in my decision to change my life. It takes away all your excuses for not wanting to work out or eat healthy. I desperatly need some inspiration right now.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby oksoonergirl26 » September 16th, 2009, 5:21 pm

Still on steroids, still starving, still gaining weight, and still sick....I hate this. It's not fair that even if you don't consume 3600 calories, you gain pounds anyway. Who says that is how many calories in a pound? I think it is crap. I have a really bad attitude right now. When I can't exercise it really throws me off. I don't think I can just do the food without the exercise. I may eventually be able to do the exercise and normal food, but I have realized that I don't have any control any longer.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal