oksoonergirl 26's journey to a better a life

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: oksoonergirl 26's journey to a better a life

Postby oksoonergirl26 » June 27th, 2009, 6:43 pm

I changed my mind after talking to the doctor and had my LASIK surgery yesterday. I only have to sit out of the lake for two week, which is totally doable. It's so nasty hot right now, we went out Thursday for me to take a ride on my new board and the water felt like a warm bath-icky! The surgery went fine, but for anyone considering it, beware, after the numbing wears off the eyes it HURTS!!!! Not just a little discomfort, but "OMG MY EYES ARE ON FIRE!!!" It made me sick at my stomach. The surgery was at 1:30, by 5:30 I wanted to die but around 10:00 I was finally able to open my eyes and the pain subsided. I woke up this morning and could see, not 20/20 but I do not need my glasses. I have several red spots on my left eye, but that is normal. I am having to use artificial tears about once an hour and the drops are going down my throat, which if you have seen "Wedding Crashers" you know what eye drops do to you....I weighed in at the center yesterday and was 182, my scale said 180 so I am 5 pounds away from goal #1!!! I was bad today, even though I shouldn't have been, and ate kabobs and rice. I do have to lay off the exercise for week, because I can't get sweat in my eyes. Of course, I may just invest in a headband and hope it works! I could just walk, instead of jog, maybe. We are doing another 5K on July 4th, hopefully I can do as well as I did on Father's day!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » July 2nd, 2009, 10:46 am

I haven't been able to exercise this week at all-the sweatband was useless and I was only able to get in about 35 minutes on the treadmill. I tried to ride my bike last night, but that caused too much exertion as well. Tomorrow is Friday and it will be week from the surgery, so I will probably try to run a little, but I don't want to overdue because of the 5k on Saturday. I am definitely feeling like I need the exercise to work off these last 5# before I go for the next 50. I took a huge step and listed all of my size 18 and 20 clothes on craigslist. Hopefully, someone will buy them and get them out of here. Every pair of pants I own just falls right to the floor. I did go and buy some new shorts though. It was fun, but I am really holding back until I get down even more. Hubby and I are having all sorts of problems at the moment and not being able to exercise is hurting my outlet for anger and sadness, normally I would curl up with a book and ice cream, but not anymore. My sadness is surprisingly not sending my cravings into overdrive-for that I am incredible grateful. I feel like I have crossed a giant hurdle by not emotionally eating to make myself feel better. The reading is difficult because of the eye surgery. I also can't get on the computer for very long, so I have been very lax in keeping up with everyone's journal-for that I feel bad, because this place has really helped me out. :(
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby Karli » July 5th, 2009, 8:46 am

Hi OK, sorry to read especially about you and your husband having such troubles !! But, huge cheerio for not letting that stuff send you to the icecream freezer ! Also, wow, selling your clothes is a major thing ! Keep up the good work, I hope things get settled with you and your hubby, hope the 5k went well, and I hope your surgery is successful !
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » July 5th, 2009, 9:26 am

Thanks Karli, I did the 5K yesterday and we got there late and our timers started before we did, so I am do not know what my real time was, but I was off a minute from last time. It was 40:11 and I did 39:20 two week ago, but I think I did better, but the timer screwed up. I was bad, bad yesterday, but I am up this morning drinking lots of water and shakes only today. I only lost a pound this week, but without the exercise I am not too surprised. I also had some carby crackers because I ran out of my MF ones and I had some more Splenda packets than I should. We are going camping next week and I am taking some bars, but mostly shakes. The L And G will be hard because my in-laws don't like to grill chicken or steak, so I will be eating bunless hamburgers and plain lettuce.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby DogMa » July 6th, 2009, 11:35 am

Wow. Was the 5K around here? I refuse to do another one till fall because of the heat!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Stihl » July 6th, 2009, 6:02 pm

Hey Sooner - that's absolutely fantastic about not letting emotional triggers set you off! For me, I know that's one more big hurdle I have to clear - I know that emotional triggers will still set me off.

Good luck with the plan and with the camp out! What might help is just to bring some cucumbers yourself, and maybe a packet or two of balsamic vinagrette. Easy to bring along, and you can eat the cucumber like a banana and maybe dip in the vinagrette. Also, if you're just not feeling the hamburger and your inlaws refuse to let you grill, bringing a few pre-boiled hard-boiled eggs could work as a lean and green.

Goal 1: 195 by August 24th - CHECK
Goal 2: 157 by November 26th. lose 28.6#/73 days = .392#/day
Stihl
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » July 13th, 2009, 4:21 pm

Yes, the 5k was in McKinney, but it started at 8 in the morning. It makes a little bit of a difference and I was wanting to do one this Sunday, but I decided that I haven't been able to train too much. A new course and the higher temperatures would make for a disaster. The camping trip was a complete and total derailment of my diet. I thought I had packed my bars, but somehow they got left at home. So all I had was four RTD shakes to last for four days. Needless to say, I went off plan for almost the entire trip. I won't go into details, but there were sweets and bread involved, not too mention some fried meat...I weighed in today at the center and I did manage to lose a pound, but that is all. It was so hot up there that I didn't exercise the entire time either. I did ride my bike a couple of times. I think the four day break was good for me, because I was struggling before we left. Now I have a new resolve to ditch these last four pounds for goal #1! I just wish it was cooler here so going outside to exercise would be easier and not so dangerous. I hate the treadmill now that I am use to running outside. I am also dreading school starting back and how it will affect my exercise habits. I am glad to see that everyone is doing well! My husband and I are still having problems, but hopefully things will get better.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby oksoonergirl26 » July 20th, 2009, 9:10 pm

I am wondering where everyone is???? I miss everybody!!! Let me know how you guys are doing!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby DogMa » July 22nd, 2009, 1:46 pm

It's weird, isn't it? Things were finally picking up a little, and then everyone left again!
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby DogMa » July 22nd, 2009, 1:56 pm

BTW, since I'm asking everywhere else ... do you know a good sprinkler repair company in DFW? I think I have a leak, and the vet thinks the mud puddle in my yard is probably how Teemu got his infection. So I need it fixed ASAP.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby oksoonergirl26 » July 23rd, 2009, 10:50 am

I am hoping that everyone is on vacation and will be back soon. I haven't heard of any sprinkler repair companies that are reliable, but I told my husband to ask around and I will let you know.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby DogMa » July 23rd, 2009, 3:48 pm

Wait, you're half a pound from goal???? That's awesome!!! :cleader:
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby oksoonergirl26 » July 24th, 2009, 7:12 am

Yeah, my scale was actually at 173 this morning, but I want to wait on the official scale at the Medifast center I go to. Now I am going for another 50!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby oksoonergirl26 » July 25th, 2009, 1:21 pm

At the center I was officially 175 (172 home-which I register on my ticker), so now I will start trying to get the next 50 off! I am working out about 6 times week for 45-70 minutes at a time and I am afraid to slow down. I really want to start training for a half-marathon, but I don't think a 1,000 calorie diet would be a good way to go with that. I am not sure how to proceed in that manner. I am just going to work up to the 10k time and try to extend the amount of time I actually run. The heat has returned, and that means no more outdoor workouts and the gym has become my refuge. I am getting a little worried about my lack of muscle tone and the fact that I am getting that baggy elephant look on my arms and thighs (not pretty). I need to start weight training, but I HATE HATE lifting, it's boring and I never feel accomplished when I do sets and reps at a certain weight. Not satisfying at all. Speaking of satisfying-the new meals (The pretzels and cheesy poufs) are amazing!!!! There are so many in a package it takes me almost 30 minutes to get through one. The center let me buy just a package of each. The chili cheese taste just like taco seasoned meat and cheese, the honey mustard are slightly spicy and different, the parmesean ones are blah, and the apple cinnamon are way more filling than the snacks, but taste similar. I will be buying whole boxes of the chili cheese, honey mustard and apple cinnamon. I am so happy that Medifast is expanding the product lines-it makes it even easier to stay motivated!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby oksoonergirl26 » July 26th, 2009, 1:25 pm

I don't want to change my ticker, but I want to document the first 53 gone and keep on towards the next 50 or 55.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal