oksoonergirl 26's journey to a better a life

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: oksoonergirl 26's journey to a better a life

Postby Karli » October 6th, 2009, 10:30 am

Hey, OK, hope you're having a good day !
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » October 12th, 2009, 7:10 pm

Sorry I have been absent and off the wagon. I am really having a hard time getting back on plan-thankfully the scale is being kind because of my exercising but this is getting me nowhere closer to a size 6. I will do really good all day, but then totally blow my L&G or on the weekends abandon the plan entirely for pizza, pasta, cereal, and ice cream. Today for instance I ate my four supplements like a good girl, went to the gym and worked out for an hour, and then I went to eat fish tacos complete with flour tortillas, chips, and salsa...then I had a small bowl of cereal. I don't know if the extra 50 I am trying to lose it too ambitious of a goal and maybe I should just go for 150 and see how I feel then. I am pretty content here at 161, but the flab has me depressed. I am thinking I should start toning and not so much cardio. Once again having professional issues and relationship issue and my food habits go south. On the bright side I do recognize that I am overeating and incorrectly eating for emotional not hunger needs. I have got to fix myself.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Joy » October 12th, 2009, 7:24 pm

Dear Oksoonergirl,

I hope you will do well on your restart attempt. It can take a real firm mind to make it for the first 4-5 days and then gets less hard. I am an emotional eater to deal with stress, silly because I keep taking on things that bring on stress.

Here is to meeting you goal to restart or make a plan :cheers:

regards,
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Tawanda » October 13th, 2009, 5:58 am

I feel badly for you! I was doing almost the same thing, supplements for the majority of the day and then 'what the heck'---ate what I wanted for the rest of the day. It doesn't work, does it?

If you can break that cycle and get yourself firmly on the program--then the mindset follows and everything gets so much easier (it is easier said than done, I know, especially when faced with big frustrations or problems). Turning down off program foods becomes easier, staying on the program is much easier and the scale will show you that your determination works wonderfully.

As for the weight goal....only you know best what is the right weight for you. But I will say that I began nibbling, taking off program bites and then raised my goal weight from 135 up to 140 something. Finally, when my weight stalled for a very long time, because I was not on program 100%, I raised the goal weight to 147. I do, and I did, feel that I was cheating myself. I took the easy way out and settled for a weight that would work. I am NOT saying that is what you are doing or thinking of doing. Just letting you know that I had these thoughts and this is how I felt when I did it. As it turned out, I had not made lasting changes in how I dealt (deal) with life and food......so my weight crept up. When stress, frustration and life became harder, my weight increased faster and faster. I hope you do not follow in my footsteps.....hope that you will work on changing how you view food. That is what I'm working on right now, so that I will not regain the weight--------again.

My best to you!!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » October 13th, 2009, 7:16 pm

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I really have got to address what is tripping me up so bad. Right now I am having such a hard time at work and not wanting to work, unfortunately I can't just walk out the door and find something else. I am on a contract and I keep telling myself I can do this. In addition I just found out that my irresponsible brother-in-law and his bizarro girlfriend are expecting, this is causing problems for my husband and I because he wants to get pregnant, but I am not ready mentally or physically. I hate to grocery shop and cook, that is why I am struggling so much with the L&G, but I can't do 6 supplements a day with the amount of working out that I do. Speaking of, I tried to swim today-Holy Cow! What a workout and I am exhausted now. So I am searching for ways to stay on track with the L&G, but I failed once again tonight. I felt like baking, so I did and I ate a cookie and some dough.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby Tawanda » October 14th, 2009, 6:02 am

All I can suggest is to just keep working on getting through a day on program, then once you have the entire day, you tell yourself you can (and want) to make it through one more day on program.....that you'll be happier with yourself and that you'll be proactively working at getting what you want most--a healthier body, less weight to drag around as you go through your busy day and that you are worth taking care of (those are some of the things that I did---hopefully they'll help get you through the days).

Thinking of you!
Tawanda

Postby oksoonergirl26 » October 17th, 2009, 7:36 pm

Well I abandoned the program entirely Friday and today-I just wanted to eat (translation binge) on food at the Texas State Fair. I only worked out two days this week, but I am vowing to start fresh tomorrow. Complete with a workout and all day on plan. That is my resolve.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby Karli » October 18th, 2009, 6:13 pm

Hi, ok, how'd it go for you ? There's some strong days for you ahead, I just know it :).
Karli

Postby oksoonergirl26 » October 18th, 2009, 6:46 pm

I have been much much better today. I got up and had a hot chocolate mixed in with my coffee, then went and ran 3.1 miles, had a packet of the cinnamon pretzels with some peanut butter powder, had a some parm puffs, had a real L&G, but cheated by eating one tortilla. I just finished a pack of soy crisps and I will have a shake before I go to sleep. That was only four supplements, but at least my only detraction was an 80 calorie low-carb tortilla. I told my husband that I am not fixing dinner for a couple of days, I am going to try to do six supplements a day until my appetite returns to normal. I will continue to eat my Fiber One yogurt twice a day though. The peanut butter powder is something one of my fitness fanatic friends found online. You take two tablespoons of the powder and mix it with water and presto! Peanut butter that only has 50 calories a serving and the same amount of protein as the real stuff. It is made from powdered peanuts. I really like it and it definitely helps me eat the cinnamon pretzels-I am wondering what it would taste like smeared on a crunch bar now.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby Joy » October 18th, 2009, 8:20 pm

Looks like you are working hard to make the plan work in to your needs and with exercise you will get their in good shape. :bow:

;) I use the PB2 also, it is nice to have the choice to add it to pudding.

Best regards and hopes for continued sucess!
joy :cheers:
Joy

Postby Tawanda » October 19th, 2009, 5:50 am

I use to make up the PB2 and smear it on my daily bar (these were the bars before the crunch bars--we could only have one bar per day). It was filling if I ate it while sipping on a hot drink (even hot water worked). As Joy mentioned, it tastes good in puddings, too. I still have at least 4 jars in my MF pantry, I should get it out as I have lots of pudding packets to use up.

80 calories of an off program food doesn't sound like something to beat yourself up over....I'd just keep moving forward and tell yourself that it was a good day, tomorrow will be even better.

I boiled up some eggs and had those on hand if I got 'hungry' between meals, or always had some diced chicken breasts in the 'fridge, so that I could pop a piece or two in to my mouth if I was so hungry I didn't think I could make it to the next supplement.

I hope you have a very good day today!
Tawanda

Postby Karli » October 19th, 2009, 1:40 pm

Hey, Ok, well, it sounds like you are not over-doing it, but rather under-doing it ! 4 suppies and a L/G, even with the tortilla doesn't seem like enough calories for 3.1 miles of running. I must be missing something ! In any event, it is always good to start feeling more under control of one's eating, isn't it ? Hope you're having a great day today.
Karli

Postby oksoonergirl26 » October 19th, 2009, 6:17 pm

I stayed on plan all day yesterday and so far so good today! I have decided to lay off the exercising while doing the 6 a day supplements-it will only make me hungrier and the exercise isn't as hard for me as the food is. Thanks for the suggestions about adding the PB2 to pudding! It sound delicious. I haven't been to the center in two weeks, so I am little apprehensive about weighing in "officially" on Saturday. I am trying to remain optimistic about things that are bothering me, but today I came home from work and just crawled in bed until 7 this evening. I hate feeling hopeless, really I do and I know that there is nothing wrong with my life, it is all in my head.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby Joy » October 19th, 2009, 8:40 pm

any oatmeal mix with 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of baking powder added and only enough water to make a thick gloopy mix

spray cooking on pan and bake at 350 for about 10 mins

the texture is something to get used to - you can add SF vanilla syrup to the mix too :wave:
Joy

Postby oksoonergirl26 » October 20th, 2009, 8:46 am

It sounds good! I will have to buy some oatmeal now-I love baking and I miss it.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal