Off Topic a Bit - Negativity

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Off Topic a Bit - Negativity

Postby SandyB » May 1st, 2006, 8:58 am

Hi everyone, I'm ramping up for a tomorrow MF start and looking very much forward to it. I have been taking a mental inventory of sorts and I am realizing that I deal with so much negativity at work. I am a paralegal and working in a law firm can be stressful, and I seem to be the one that quite a few people come to with problems and they share their negativity with me daily...especially at lunch. I always listen and try to help them find solutions, but I think it has taken a toll on me and may even be part of my overeating. At any rate, I need to put myself first and if that means that not being a sounding board for co-workers then I have to do that. I also am going to be lunching alone and trying to use 1/2 of my hour lunch to take walks alone. Now I will have to deal with the "guilt" of taking care of me first, but I know that it is very necessary for me to do this in order to succeed with MF and in taking charge of my life in general.
Sandy

I cannot wait until my clothing size is smaller than my shoe size!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
SandyB

Postby MISSANNE » May 1st, 2006, 9:02 am

Sounds like your on the right track.

Try not to listen to the negativity, set your mind do stick with your plan. It is hard when there are so many negative things around us.

You'll do great....and we are all here if you need us!

:goteam:
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » May 1st, 2006, 9:10 am

I used to be the one people came to, too. When I left that job, I kind of made sure it didn't happen again. Do what you need to do, whether it's walking during lunch or reading a book or listening to music so people are less likely to come talk to you.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SandyB » May 1st, 2006, 9:10 am

Thanks Michelle and Robin, I am really happy with my life and work and I really don't want to hear or be a part of others' negativity unless I absolutely have to be. I also have to be aware that I am not giving out any negativity to others here because it so easy to get caught-up in work complaining. I want to be positive as much as I can be.
Sandy

I cannot wait until my clothing size is smaller than my shoe size!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
SandyB

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 1st, 2006, 11:10 am

Sounds to me like you are an ideal co-worker, although I also agree, that you need your own space, whether at lunch as you take your walk, or wherever you find a moment during your busy day, to re-focus on yourself and re-juvenate. It is not selfish to put yourself first, especially when you want to succeed at something special just for you or have a personal goal in mind. And, as best you can, if negativity comes toward you, try to be silent, smile, and in one ear and out the other!! Maybe this is wishful thinking, but what the heck, whatever floats your boat!!

My very best good wishes to you! :D

Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss