on or off topic...who knows

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

on or off topic...who knows

Postby pinkgeek » March 26th, 2004, 3:25 pm

*ahhhhhhh* big sigh of relief there. I just got finished taking 1 part of a 2 part geek test. Hopefully all that stress and pressure I had surrounding me is what is causing me to hold on to this weight my first week of the program. Now that I can kick back and relax a lil bit, maybe my body will kick into gear and get some pounds off this weekend before roll call. I really am thinking about having my husband hide that scale and only bring it out on Sundays! It's funny, now that I have part of this test out of the way and have had the experience, I'm all like ohhh wouldn't a dinner out for a cheeseburger and a cocktail be nice? Nope nope nope.....I'm pretty hungry right now. I was planning on going home, so I have no bouillon to keep me alive....that'll teach me. Anyways, I hope you all are doing terrific and that Susan, you are having an easier time with the demon child and Julie you are feeling less stressed, and Jeanette and Mike, that you are just being your terrific selves and Tami, you are being a fun, upbeat, take over the world kinda woman. Keep shakin!
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Landylue » March 26th, 2004, 8:46 pm

Now, I'm confused. . .did you mean "geek" or "Greek"?

:D

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby pinkgeek » March 27th, 2004, 8:18 am

Hi Landylue!

Yup, I meant geek, like my nick pinkgeek. I do computer stuff for a living (and for fun...yup no life here). My job required that we get certified, so I have been stressing over this test for about 3.5 weeks. I took the first part yesterday and passed, so I'm breathing a little easier until I take the next part. After part 2, there are 5 more bitty tests from the manufacturer we deal with an it will be over for a bit :) How are things going for you? It seems like you are experiencing a good amount of success! Medifast is working for you! I, on the other hand, am still battling week one out :> The first three days, I was not hungry at all and also forcing myself to drink the shakes...now is a different story. Seems I'm hungry all the time...I'm wondering if I'm not in ketosis...I hang out on this board incessantly to gain the strength not to eat by reading everyone's stories, quotes, suggestions, and successes. At this point, its not even that I want to eat b/c that is all there is to do...nope, I'm just out right hungry. Oh well, I guess I deserve that for all the times I stuffed lil Debbie's in when I didn't really have space for them. Keep Shakin!
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Landylue » March 27th, 2004, 3:23 pm

Hi! I've got to tell you that I was also wondering if I had ever hit the ketosis stage, because I, too, was HUNGRY for three solid weeks! I knew, though, that I was getting the correct nutrition, and what I was feeling was major emotional hunger. I kept telling my husband that this fast wasn't the same as the last fast, that I was hungry, and it was hard, and I didn't know how much longer I was going to stay on it, it just wasn't the same. I was in this forum many, many times a day, soaking up positive posts and encouraging stories. I went back for weeks reading letters from everyone. I feel like I've known some of these people for years! I am very serious when I say that without this forum, I don't think I would have made it.

Then on the 21st day, everything was just all of a sudden 'OK'. I didn't feel that nagging, complusive need to eat any longer, and that weird desire for cheese enchiladas just wasn't there anymore. And the energy I have now is making that 3 weeks more than worth it.

Hopefully, it won't take you as long as it did me to get used to the program, but if it does, I promise you, it's all worth it. What an incredible difference it has made in how I feel.

I'm pulling for you.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Starloser63 » March 30th, 2004, 8:32 am

Angela,

Thanks my demon child is in better form now! She was PMSing, girls why oh why do I have to be blessed with girls :roll:
I have had a great week. I lost 6 pounds but didn't post it in roll call because I had gained 8. So I'm trying not to mess up the numbers. I hope things kick in for you soon. Stress does not help us lose weight!

Hang tough and keep shaking

Hugs,
Susan
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room