Totally off topic but ....

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Totally off topic but ....

Postby mytime » July 25th, 2005, 10:07 pm

Ok, so this is totally off topic well kind of. Long story short I am tired of seeing beautiful clothes my children have ruined by food stains. What I want to know is what do people use to get them out ? For example yellow mustard all over my sons beautiful new shirt ? I was thinking about this - I have resorted to buying him inexpensive clothes for now unless we need something for a party etc. But anyway I was thinking about this and how many beautiful (but large) ourfits I have with a stain right there. You know, on my chest. And I got to thinking, I am really looking forward to not having 40 tops with a big grease stain on my chest :D I know this sounds nuts, but I cannot wait to have my stains on my pants or skirts, Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Alisha » July 26th, 2005, 5:33 am

Mytime, I know exactly what you mean! When I used to go out to breakfast with my friend/colleague on Fridays (well, I still go, I just have iced tea now :) ) it was as sure as death and taxes that SOME portion of that egg would end up right between my.. uh.. "womanly curves". It drove me to distraction because I couldn't even sit back further because the tables in the booths are so close. I felt like Edith Ann from the old Saturday Night Live!

The best thing in the world I suggest for stains is a spray stain remover called Spot Shot. It's in an aerosol can with an orange lid. It is made for carpets, but it works a treat on clothing too. (My mom read a book called "The Queen of Clean" and she suggested it) I don't know what it has in it, but when I treat stains with it, you can literally SEE them disappear. I'd just give the mustard (or whatever) a good spray with that, leave it sit for 60 seconds, blot with a clean cloth and repeat until it's mostly gone. Then just throw it in the wash!

It's a miracle for me because one of my cats likes to gorge themselves on food and then get sick. (I just can't find out which one!) One look at that stain on champagne colored carpet and you would think there is NO way that's coming out. BUT - I've used that Spot Shot and nee a mark remains!

Good luck!

Alisha
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Return to Weight Loss