Oatmeal Blues!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Oatmeal Blues!

Postby VTGirlie » May 20th, 2006, 1:17 pm

Hello Everyone!

Well, I've reached day 6- almost a week gone by- no cheats, no wagon-jumpin'! :D Except for the unexpected appearance of my "monthly friend" a week early yesterday :shock: , and a lack of weight loss for a couple of days :cry: , things are going well. I think my desired to randomly knaw on anything that resembles food has to do with the friend issue than anything else, so I (in my stubborn nature) am choosing to IGNORE IT!!! :D

I have to say, however, that I dread my daily "dose" of oatmeal. don't get me wrong- I LOVE non-MF oatmeal. The real kind with thick, rolled oats. There is just some taste/consistency thing about the oatmeal on plan that really makes it hard to go down. :tongue:

I tried some spices this am and it didn't help much.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas about this? I could use some help! :bib:

Thanks so much for your support for this newbie over the last few days!
Bets
235/204MFStart/182/135
"Nothing is as good as this day"
VTGirlie
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby loriannk » May 20th, 2006, 1:47 pm

I make a few things with my oatmeal.

Oatmeal pancakes and put some Walden Farms SF, FF, Calorie Free, Carb free pancake syrup on top. Yummy.

Oatmeal granola crunch. That is yummy too.

Oatmeal muffins with Walden farms fruit spread on top is really good to.

I found these recipes in the Lean Cusine section of the forum but if you dont want to search let me know and I can give you some recipes.

:goodluck:

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sablebaby » May 20th, 2006, 2:31 pm

Are you making your oatmeal on the stove? I first tried it in the micro and it was nasty. Then people here told me to make it on the stovetop and it's MUCH better!! :eat:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby BoPeep1 » May 20th, 2006, 2:59 pm

loriannk wrote:Oatmeal pancakes and put some Walden Farms SF, FF, Calorie Free, Carb free pancake syrup on top. Yummy.

Oatmeal muffins with Walden farms fruit spread on top is really good to.

I haven't tried the oatmeal yet, but what about just mixing the Walden Farms stuff in? Just an idea for a quick boost in the taste.
-Brandi
Height 5'9"
Started MF on 4/3/06

BoPeep1
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Elke » May 20th, 2006, 3:20 pm

The only thing I have had trouble with is the chili. Everything else so far is tolerable.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby sidrah » May 20th, 2006, 4:24 pm

I usually make it the night before and stick it in the fridge. Then I micro it and add cinnamon sometimes. Usually I won't add anything in and it tastes fine to me

Letting it soak overnight helps mucho
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby mommaof3boys » May 20th, 2006, 4:32 pm

I can't do the oatmeal either! Way too soy tasting for me! Only tried the apple cinnamon one and then decided I had to do something else.

I take 4 packages of oatmeal and mix up like it says to do on the side of the box for cookies. Divide evenly into 4 7 oz pyrex type dishes (mine are Anchor Hocking and I got them at walmart 4 for 3 or 4 dollars - they are great! They have blue lids and stack on top of each other in the fridge which helps since there are 5 of us in the house).

Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes.

I then put them in the fridge and heat up like muffins in the morning with coffee - very good. Even better with a few sprays of I can't belive it is not butter spray on top.

I found this recipe on this board I think and would like to give credit where credit is due but I can't remember whose it is.

It is so good I just ordered more OATMEAL!
Medifast start date 5/10/2006

5'6"

151/144/127
mommaof3boys
Trusted Member

Postby ChiNut » May 20th, 2006, 4:45 pm

I'm just the opposite. I hated regular oatmeal and could hardly get it down without gagging :eck: but I love my Medifast Oatmeal, especially the apple cinnamon. :eat: Yummm!
ChiNut
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Denise » May 20th, 2006, 4:49 pm

I like the oatmeal. I add cinnamon and a packet of splenda...give it a try..it may help! :lol:
Denise
Preferred member

Well

Postby Ginabobina1969 » May 20th, 2006, 4:56 pm

I Loveee, Love, LOVE all the oatmeals. If you add too much water it will be runny so maybe try adding less water. If you like it thicker then about 4-5 oz of water, Nuke for 1 min. Stir, Nike 1/2 min, stir...repeat, repeat until it thickens up but do not walk away from it or you will have a real mess in the microwave. I sprinkle splenda on all my oatmeal. I add cinnamon to most of my oatmeals as well. Yummmmy!!!

Also, make sure to use a deep bowl. :lol:

Hugs.
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 20th, 2006, 10:55 pm

I'm just like Kristi! I didn't really like regular oatmeal, but I really like the MF oatmeal. Good luck finding something that works for you!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Serendipity » May 21st, 2006, 8:25 am

I didn't like the oatmeal at first, but after my taste buds were free of all sugar, the oatmeal became one of my favorites. I like all of the flavors.

I just add a scant 3/4 cup of water, stir a little bit just to get it wet, nuke for 2 minutes (don't worry about the lumps), stir, and let it sit until it's thick enough to suit me. That last part is the most important, because it can come out of the microwave pretty soupy, but it only takes a few minutes to get to the right consistancy.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » May 21st, 2006, 10:25 am

I love all of the oatmeals. At first I was up in the air on the taste but then I realized that the oatmeal makes it easier for me to get thru the mornings with no hunger. So I don't know whether it was the change in my tastes or my willingness to get thru anything to try to eliminate this extra weight. Even if you don't like it now, give it a few weeks and try again. Your tastes really DO change!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Jan » May 21st, 2006, 6:51 pm

Hmmmm the Oatmeal
First you hate it -- then you love it. :mrgreen: I've heard that again and again and have even watched "oatmeal haters" order a whole case of it. :D Just wait and try it again when you are further on in the program. Our tastes do change. I personally have always loved it though it does taste different that "regular oatmeal". The oatmeal pancake is pretty good... look in lean cuisine I think the recipe is there.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » May 21st, 2006, 6:52 pm

I'm with DeDe and Kristi. Hated regular oatmeal, love the Medifast version.

But if you really don't like it, why force yourself to eat it when there are so many other choices available? I just don't use the Medifast products I don't like (and you know who you are!!).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Next

Return to Come on in.