Oatmeal Blues!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Revised Opinion

Postby VTGirlie » May 22nd, 2006, 8:14 am

Hey guys!

So, I tried the suggestion to cook on the stove this morning. I did Maple/Brown Sugar, added about 1/2 tsp SF Maple Grove Farms Syrup and cooked for just a few minutes. It made a WORLD of difference for me.

Thanks so much everyone!!!
Bets
235/204MFStart/182/135
"Nothing is as good as this day"
VTGirlie
Preferred Member - #20 Club

oatmeal and chili

Postby librarylady » May 22nd, 2006, 8:41 am

sidrah wrote:I usually make it the night before and stick it in the fridge. Then I micro it and add cinnamon sometimes. Usually I won't add anything in and it tastes fine to me

Letting it soak overnight helps mucho

I LOVE the oatmeal. I make it in the microwave with only about 4-6 oz. of water and nuke it a good while. Then (essential!) let it sit....the longer the better. When ready to eat it, heat again and maybe add a splash of milk. It's so much better.

For the chili, same thing. I LOVE the chili, but it has to be nuked twice as long as the oatmeal, not too much water, and then let to sit at least an hour. After that....yummy.

Maybe that helps. Actually, oatmeal and chili are the highlights of my day since I started making them this way.
librarylady

Postby Mike » May 22nd, 2006, 9:38 am

My response is this. If you are tired of the oatmeal, don't eat it. Have a shake or soup or something else for a while. Then, try it again in a week or 2 or whenever. I find that I get tired of some things so I change it up and have something different for a while and then find myself wanting that thing again. Cheers. :toast:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Bonnie » May 22nd, 2006, 2:06 pm

I was just sitting here having my oatmeal when I saw your post. So I decided to share with you how I fix my oatmeal.

For the peach oatmeal I add one teaspoon of the peach sugar free jello right from the box. It makes it soooo delicious.

For the apple cinnomon I add 1/2 package of the sugar free apple cidar packages by Alpine. It makes it taste like apple pie. Everyone around me thinks I am having apple pie for lunch.

For the maple I add maple extract.

TRY IT - YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » May 22nd, 2006, 5:48 pm

If you like the DaVinci syrups, adding a little caramel to the apple-cinnamon oatmeal is wonderful.

I hate letting the oatmeal soak and then nuking it, though. I did it once after Nancy suggested it, and I couldn't even eat it. Had to toss the whole container.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.