I've got the second week blues too!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I've got the second week blues too!

Postby Carbshateme » August 29th, 2005, 5:32 am

I have not dropped an ounce since Friday. NOTHING.

I have been drinking at least 80 ozs of water.

I have been spacing my supplements no more than 3 hours apart.

I am not PMS'ing, or exercising.

Now, the ONLY thing that is different, is that starting on Friday, I have had one bar and one package of crackers a day.

Could this be slowing me down? I have read that during the second week our bodies need time to "reasses" things but..but..but... I'm realllly wondering if I'm not so carb-intolerant that these two little changes aren't messing with me. I'm on 5/daily the complete program, per my doctor. Any advice?

Grrrrrrrrrr.
Carbshateme
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » August 29th, 2005, 7:54 am

CHM wrote:I'm on 5/daily the complete program, per my doctor. Any advice?

Your addition of a bar and crackers "could" make a difference, but I doubt it. I'd be thinking about adding 1-2 more meals per/day. Your body may be a little nervous about not getting enough calories and temporarily hanging onto your fat.

Try 6/day for a couple days, and see it that gets you started again.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Carbshateme » August 29th, 2005, 8:02 am

SIGH. I will add one or two a day but I ain't gonna be happy about it! And I am ONLY doing it for YOU because I respect your advice so much! :) :)
Carbshateme

Postby Nancy » August 29th, 2005, 8:28 am

It will happen. Give your body some time.

Our daughter is an every-other-week loser. She drops 4-5 pounds then nothing, even goes up a little and then has a big drop. Wait it out. After a few weeks of Medifasting, you will identify your own body's M.O. and then you will know what to expect. It takes a while to get into the Medigroove.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Carbshateme » August 29th, 2005, 10:16 am

Thanks Miss Nancy...It's just very nerve wracking. I want to be sure I am doing the right thing, you know? Being a chronic DIEt-er, I am so used to failing at things. I can totally DO Medifast, I love it.. I just hope it loves me back :)
Carbshateme

Postby Nancy » August 29th, 2005, 11:24 am

Dear Carbs ~

I am so used to failing at things

I totally understand this...that was my previous mind-set also.

Carbs, this is unlike anything else I ever used before and when we are used to failing, it makes us fearful of entering new territory. One thing that I helped me is this - because of my past failures, I decided that I would totally follow the program, no matter what. All other weight loss plans and programs, I messed with and failed.

No messing = success.

There will come a time in your journey when you will truly accept the success for yourself. Until then, it is a step of faith based upon the success of others that you read about.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Carbshateme » August 30th, 2005, 5:46 am

Dear Nancy--

I think during the "hard" times (When the scale won't budge) having faith is all you have! And, for me, it's VERY hard to wrap my mind around this diet.

I am eating "milkshakes" and "candy bars" and losing weight. Did you ever go on that fast were you drank water, lemon juice, paprika and honey? It looked like cat urine and probably tasted similar! How about some of those prepackaged diet meals that are a tiny serving of grey coloured sludge mixed with 2 thin-cut green beans? Been there, done that. Medifast food doesn't taste "diet-y" to me. It tastes like what I am supposed to be avoiding to lose weight! My husband took a sip of my Dutch Choco shakes and said "YOU ARE EATING THIS?! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE EATING THIS?!" Whenever I have my Medifast meal I still have a hard time believing how good it is for me and how low-calorie it is.

AND, I am not hungry. I have been on EVERY diet and I have been hungry. On Atkins I could eat an entire steak and a huge salad and I was hungry. Every 3 hours before I eat I feel a small amount of hunger but nothing like I ever felt on any of the other "DIE-ts" I have been on.

So, I'm still getting in my Medigroove. I think my body is not entirely convinced that I'm on a "diet" and that I'm eating healthy. My body thinks I am eating 4 Wendy's Frostys a day and having a mess of Andes thin mint candies. And I am eating sooooo much more than I was a few weeks ago! I was the person who would wake up, have a diet coke, starve all day and eat the world at night. And then eat some more.

And now I wake at 6:30, tons of energy, ready to rock. How cool is that?! :)
Carbshateme

Postby Nancy » August 30th, 2005, 9:36 am

Carbs ~

Yes! :yes:

You’ve got it! Your thought processes are exactly right here. Rather than focusing on what we don’t have, what we don’t get to eat for now, you are honing in on what we do have, how great we feel and how good the food is for us and how good it does taste – that will go a long way in helping you to stick to the program and to end up at your goal and to stay there.

This is not a sentence; it not punishment. We have not been naughty children and now must pay penance. If we look at this weight loss phase as a training session on how to improve our health, to set aside the things that are not good for us and to eat and do the things that enhance our lives and our health then we have a much more realistic picture of what Take Shape For Life is all about – taking shape of our body and our mind.

:wave:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room