help with the oatmeal

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

help with the oatmeal

Postby brandymom » February 25th, 2004, 8:48 am

I am eating the berry oatmeal, no offense, but I am gagging it down. I have already drank 24oz of water and not nearly done. Is there anything I can do to make it more palateable? Thanks
brandymom

Postby Guest » February 25th, 2004, 9:17 am

I add a little more water to make it a little thinner....a little bit of salt and a package of splenda..... I haven't tried the vanilla berry....I love the others though.
Julie
(jims chick)

Divinchi Syrups

Postby TamiL » February 25th, 2004, 11:18 am

Hello
To "step up the taste" of my oatmeals..I use splenda packet and some Divinchi sugar free syrups (you can find these for a good price on www.cappacinoconnection.com) I add vanilla to my vanilla berry!! or bananna... they are awesome..even to add to your shakes..give them good flavor!! go to "search" on the forum and just put in syrups or Divinchi..or go to the Lean Cuisine topic..and just search around for Ideas to add a kick to your shakes and foods!!

I hear the brown sugar oatmeal is GREAT..havent ordered it yet..but plan on it!! Ive learned to be a little creative with the foods...without adding calories..
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby shineface » February 26th, 2004, 8:29 am

Hi Brandy--

Tami first turned me on to the Davinci SF syrups --- AWESOME!!!

I use the vanilla berry oatmeal all the time and add syrup and spenda -- it is great - I've used strawberry, peach and caramel!!!! all good with the oatmeal and vanilla shakes -- I bought online from the site Tami noted and mychoices (there must be 25) were here in about 2 days --- what a difference they make!!!!

Keep slurpin'----

WE WILL do this together!
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Oatmeal

Postby Maisie » February 26th, 2004, 9:25 am

I have the same problem with the vanilla berry. I just don't like it at all.
The apple cinnamon is great and I haven't tried the new maple, brown sugar variety, but sounds like a winner.

I ordered the SF Syrups from TamiL's link after she let us know about them on this forum. I have coconut, banana, peach, watermelon, kahlua caffe, Irish cream, cinnamon. The last three are awesome in coffee and the others are great in a vanilla shake or to make your own great soda with sparkling water. I count 4 calories for each tablespoon even though it says 0 calories. As long as it is less than 5 they can say that. Atkins says after two tablespoons, you have to count it as a carb. These syrups are a delight. They stave off all kinds of cravings for fruit, sweets, etc. And they are only $6.95 for a large bottle.
They were out of green apple, but I want to get that one to make Green Apple Sparkling Cider.

Maisie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Maisie
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Indigo » February 26th, 2004, 9:49 am

Tami's link really is a God-send. I'd done a websearch (google) for those DaVinci syrups, and few places had more than 3-4 of the sugarless types, and charged way too much for shipping. I'm very happy with my order from these guys . . . those syrups make ALL the difference in adding variety and taste! Can't wait to get creative with sodas when summer comes!!
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » February 27th, 2004, 1:40 am

The Maple and Brown Sugar is awesome! Add a snort more maple flavoring, if you'd like. Yum! :eat:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Oatmeal and Syrup

Postby hecate » February 29th, 2004, 9:05 am

I haven't tried the Berry Oatmeal so I can't offer an opinion.

But the Maple sugar one is awesome! And this comes from someone who would never tough oatmeal before Medifast.

:lol: I've found that since Medifast my standards on what is acceptable to eat have been significantly lowered. If it's food then it's alright with me. :lol:

I have to keep adding hot water for a few minutes in the oatmeal because it thickens so much. I don't follow the directions, I just add to my liking. I haven't tried the syrups and extra sugar. I cut out sugar before I started Medifast so I don't miss it.

I wanted to know about the site for the Davinci syrups. I found one that sells for $4.99 a bottle.

Is that a good price? :?:

Michele
hecate
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby TamiL » February 29th, 2004, 12:41 pm

Michelle
The sugar Free Divinchi Syrups usually go for around $6-7 a bottle...they are good size though!! I use Splenda in most of my oatmeal to sweeten them up a little. I do not use sugar syrups or regular sugar packets in anything..sugar for me..is enemy :x

if you found the Divinchi Sugar Free syrup for less than $6 a bottle..thats a good price!! I had the maple brown sugar oatmeal the other day...with a bit more water than called for..and added a splash of Butter Rum Divinchi Sugar free syrup..and it was great!!

The oatmeal works great for me in the mornings..if I havent been able to go to the bathroom!! :oops:

Happy shakin
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » March 1st, 2004, 6:19 pm

Michele ~

You DID get a great price on your sugar-free syrups! It is neat to be able to try new flavors. WHen I first started using Medifast I really needed the flavors to enhance the shakes but now, I just know how good they are for me and how much better I feel when I have them so it is easy to just add a packet to a jar or water and shake, shake, shake! :toast: I love 'em just the way they are but it took me a while to get to this point.

Whatever you can do to make your shakes tasty for your taste buds is important because it wil help you stick to your plan.

So happy that you found our Forum and that it is of benefit to you!

xxxooo
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Weight Loss