NOT a New Year's Resolution!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

NOT a New Year's Resolution!

Postby Indigo » January 14th, 2004, 10:21 am

Hello, everyone.

I promised myself a couple of years ago, not to make 'New Years Resolutions', it just happens to be that I'm doing this in January. Could have been November (and I'd be pounds lighter by now) but this is the right timing for me. I was seriously considering stomach stapling (yes, I'm that desperate) but I looked into it and realized that it's just a form of fasting, with a LOT more serious, expensive and long-term consequences (not to mention the pain & trauma!)
So, I'm doing the same thing, but in a much healthier way!

I love reading everyone's posts- what you've done, your experiences. . . . thank you for sharing those! I do have a 'before' picture :shock: , but I swear, it will never see the light of day! You can fool yourself with your favorite mirror, but those rear views hid NOTHING! !

Glad to be here, feel good about starting, looking forward to getting to know everyone better . . . .

Laurie :yes:

243.0 . . . . 93lbs to go!
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 14th, 2004, 10:41 am

Welcome Laurie! :byebye:

It doesn't matter when you start--just as long as you start! And if for some reason you fall off, then just get back on!!

I considered bariatric surgery also. When I heard the death rate was 1 in 100, I knew I had to find a better way. Thank God for Medifast!

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Re: NOT a New Year's Resolution!

Postby explorthis » January 14th, 2004, 10:51 am

Indigo wrote:Hello, everyone.

I promised myself a couple of years ago, not to make 'New Years Resolutions.

I love reading everyone's posts- what you've done, your experiences. . . . thank you for sharing those! 93lbs to go!

Laurie.. Thanks for telling us of your cancelled action to have the staple thing. I too thought a few times about this procedure. I was 100+ pounds FAT almost my entire life. What was the point I thought. I was FAT, always had been FAT, and probably would always be FAT so... what was the point of stapling, or dieting for that matter? There was no hope. A little easier for a man, (I think so anyway) beer gut, not acceptable, but generally overlooked as this is what I was...

There is HOPE. There is LIFE beyond being overweight. I am living proof. 100 pounds gone. Me? Lose? What a joke... Never thought I would see the day, where my wife makes the statement "Well, you are pretty skinny!!!" Me? Skinny? Holy SH*T. These were the most comforting words I think I have ever heard. She told me this last night for the first time EVER!!! I am almost at a "comfortable" (in my eyes) weight. was 337# now 237# (Actually in my skivvvvvies this am I was 231 eeeeesh - I always weigh in clothes) in 128 days. Actually, I am having a hoot with this, many people in my life think (gasp) I am too skinny, and have lost too much weight?!?!?!?!

I can tell you this - Medifast is life changing. It is worth it. I can promise you this - Medifast, Dieting, Stapleing, what ever your choice is, take the EASY way out - Medifast is EASY, the easy way out. It took us MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY years to be overweight, we cannot expect to become magically thin overnight. 128 days is along time. 128 days is a SHORT time. Seems like I began yesterday. I am a HUGE kid (just ask some of my buddies here on the board) At 42 years old I have a HUGE/THIN life to begin to live now.

LIVING LARGE NOW..........

Learn Nancy's saying: repeat it over and over......

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels

I promise this is the best decision you can ever make.

-Mike

P.S. What's a New Years Resolution? (not even in my vocabulary)
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to Weight Loss