1 week from new year's

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

1 week from new year's

Postby deedle » January 8th, 2004, 9:56 pm

Hi folks - So it's one week from my new years resolution, and I am down 5 pounds. so here's the tough question - is the first week just water weight? I know with Atkins I did great the first week, but then it dies off....if I behave will it keep on working? Cravings are down, and I'm noticing it is even tough to remember my afternoon shakes - it's the noon til 2 and 8-midnight that I get hungry...

Just a little worried, I don't know what I was expecting, but I'm afraid it will decrease next week...

any thoughts??

Dee
deedle

Will It Keep On Working? Are you kidding me??

Postby Nancy » January 8th, 2004, 11:44 pm

Hi Dee,

Yep, about half of the first week's weight loss IS water but that means that you have successfully let go of 2.5 pounds of flab so far this week!
Go to the refer and get out TEN CUBES of butter and stack ‘em up on the counter.

That’s how much flab is no longer living on your hips. :bounce:
Pretty cool, eh? :roll:

Yep, it keeps working. Drink your shakes or eat your meals on time – every three hours. Do NOT skip a meal. Set a timer if ya need to and drink all of your water. All 64 ounces of water. :water: In addition to the other things you drink. Get plenty of rest, read all you can – read my newsletters from the archives and the postings of others here in the Fabulous Forum. :hi5:

Clean out your closets – organize them by size because you are gonna kiss those current things good-bye very soon – take them Goodies and write off the donation!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

wow, is she for real?

Postby deedle » January 9th, 2004, 10:26 pm

Wow, thanks for your post...it was a tough nite tonight - a little blue here, and with no food in the house (good pre-planning) it was interesting...

Your message gave me courage to keep on going...but I think I must be laboring under a misapprehension.. I am hoping you can steer me straight...

In DIEts in the past, if I go down to 1000 calories, I gain weight - so they say, "too few calories" and increase to 1200. I still gain weight....

SO NOW, medifast puts me at 500-ish...I think I can lose weight with this....but isn't 400, or less even better...I mean, I know this sounds bad, but if I'm not hungry, should I really have the extra shakes to get to the recommended daily? With vitamin supplements, and the occasional cucumber or celery, shouldn't the 3 shakes a day that my mouth wants be enough?

I have no problem eating - I can if I need to (as evidenced by my 60+ extra pounds) but won't a near total fast get you there any faster?

It just seems I put on the last 25 pounds in less than a month (I really did due to medicine) I should be able to take it off in that time as well....

Frustrated, and feeling awfully jiggly tonight :(

Dee
deedle

Postby Unca_Tim » January 9th, 2004, 11:58 pm

Hi Dee,
Missing a meal can actually hinder your weight loss. You want to keep nourishing your body regularly (every 3 hours), so that it doesn't think it's starving and wont get shocked into storing your food as fat.

When your body gets all the nutrients and goodies it needs to be satisfied, it has no reason to store fat and begins feeding on your stored fat cells.

Remember, this program has been clinically developed and proven for over 20 years.

Keep shakin'
:cheers:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

What? Skip meals??? Are you cwazy?

Postby Nancy » January 10th, 2004, 12:57 am

Hi ya, Dee ~

Well, I can understand you train of thought. If more food is bad, then less is better, eh? Nope, not at all. In this case, less is BADDER not better!!! :x

OK, I am now assuming my professional pose, am standing in the front of the classroom with my black suit, unruffled white shirt and stern finger raised in the air.

Didja notice that I mentioned in my last posting about how we are to eat every three hours (Don’t wait more than four hours between meals, Girlfriend!)? I also indicated that it is not in our best interest to skip meals.

I had quite a discussion in the past with folks that also thought it would be fine to cut way back and take in LESS food than what the Medifast Weight Loss plan prescribes. Rather than compose something new about that, I am just going to paste the link below and have you read through the thread.

I really do not mean to lecture but as a Certified Health Advisor, I want you to reach your goal in the safest, healthiest and fastest way possible. I also wantcha ta know the reason why.
BM (Before Medifast), I used to mess with every DIEt, every weight loss program I ever used. I think that my messing actually messed everything up!

When I began Medifast, I decided that I would do it 100% correctly. Medifast works. When ya do it the way it is laid out, ya just cannot fail. When we fail to do it the right way, we are messing with a tried and true weight management and disease control plan. This is the right product and it has proven to be effective when used properly.

Here’s the link, Kiddo:

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35&highlight=skipping

Do ya still :heart: me?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

still love ya both!

Postby deedle » January 10th, 2004, 9:00 am

While sitting here gulping down my morning shake...yes, I still love you! I guess you can probably tell where most DIETs have failed me before, I try to out think them - and end up worse off. OK, I will behave, and I'm even going to tie a timer around my neck so I don't forget to eat...

Thanks, I really do want this to work this time, so I'll do whatever you guys & gals say!

Thanks again!

Dee
deedle

Whew! She likes me!

Postby Nancy » January 10th, 2004, 9:45 am

Good Morning, Sunshine ~

I see (OK, I can barely see) we are on opposite ends of the country. I just staggered out of the sleep sack as I was up until 3 AM trying to keep up with inquiries!

I am very happy to know

1) Ya still :heart: me

2) You're havin' your shake :toast:

3) You're gonna do it right :kool:

4) You're on your way to thindom! :thumbsup:

I'll tell ya right now that Medifast made Nancy Pettit thinner and healthier than I have ever been in my entire life! :roll:

Dee, this is IT for you - you are starting your dayand the year 2004 out right! Enjoy the journey! :drive: :heart:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Re: still love ya both!

Postby explorthis » January 10th, 2004, 9:49 am

deedle wrote:Thanks, I really do want this to work this time, so I'll do whatever you guys & gals say!

Dee, we have it in writing... you WILL do what they say, and I say take the shakes on time, as much as possible, and you MUST continue to loose. Water loss or not, in the beginning, who cares, as long as it is coming off, that is your goal isn't it? I am large living proof it works, if you stick with it.

You promised for the world to see right here you will "do what ever we say" so I personally say:

1. Be religious (on the program)
2. Drop the weight
3. Have a ball!!

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to Come on in.