night shift

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

night shift

Postby nc ems6 » February 20th, 2007, 2:15 pm

Hi everyone ,

I’ve been on and off Medifast for the last year now. I really want to get with it and get this weight off once and for all. I work night shift . I’ve been trying to drink my shakes during the day while I’m sleeping but sometimes its hard to wake up and I end up missing some shakes . Would it be better to drink them at night while im working? Any advice would be greatly appreciated cause I am really struggling here. Thanks again
nc ems6

Re: night shift

Postby Karli » February 20th, 2007, 2:29 pm

nc ems6 wrote: Would it be better to drink them at night while im working?

Yes, yes, yes of course !! You have your meals while you are awake, not merely according to what the sun is doing in your world.

How do you fuel yourself during all that time that you are awake if you eat everything while you are asleep ? (hee hee... that sounds really funny to me).

Also, welcome to the forum :).

Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » February 20th, 2007, 4:38 pm

Welcome NC! I agree with Karli.........you should have your meals while you are awake. :lol:

Welcome......Welcome......Welcome!!!!!

DonicaB :bananadance:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Mike » February 20th, 2007, 6:55 pm

As these SMART women have said, no matter when you are up, eat when you are up.
I know its difficult sometimes to stop and mix up a shake during work. Perhaps if you just carry a bottle of water and a packet and once you drink half the bottle, add the packet, and voila, shake.
Also, I pretty much use the RTD's for shakes. They are formulated for the 55 program (and are diabetic program okay), but I do okay with them. Most of the time I only have 1 or 2 shakes in a day anyhow.
Good luck, and keep shakin'
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

night shift

Postby nc ems6 » February 20th, 2007, 7:05 pm

Thanks for your replies. I know it sounds stupid but this night work has me all off track. Anyways im gonna give it my best so wish me luck. Thanks again for your help. Have a good night :D
nc ems6

Postby Arghh! » February 20th, 2007, 8:15 pm

I work a crazy schedule too and it requires some creativity. I just try to eat every 2.5 - 3 hours while I'm awake and don't worry about prolonged or off schedule sleeping. I probably drink more coffe than is recommended but the program's working well for me so I just roll with it.
Arghh!
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » February 21st, 2007, 11:16 am

It can be a little challenging when your work schedule differs from the norm – but hey, who’s Norm anyway?! Many people work the night shift or work double shifts these days. Your ‘day’ begins when you arise from your sleeping ‘shift’ and that is when you begin with your first packet. Then have another packet every 3 hours. Generally, we are up and about approx. 18 of 24 hours; recent studies show the average American does not get enough sleep and most of us sleep less than 8 hours a day. If you do sleep 8 hours or more a day, then you may need to have your packets closer together – perhaps at 2.5-hour intervals. The important thing is to have that first packet within the first hour of the day and then consistently throughout your waking day.

Treat your meals as fuel – your body needs refueling at regular intervals to maintain a consistent blood sugar level. Once the blood sugar declines, the body starts to feel shaky and our desire for carbs increases, making it more difficult to stick to the program. If your day is particularly long, you may need an additional packet.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Mike » February 21st, 2007, 2:02 pm

Nancy wrote:but hey, who’s Norm anyway?

I thought everybody knew that guy. Isn't he the guy George Wendt played on Cheers? ;) :roll:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Nancy » February 21st, 2007, 2:24 pm

Hah! Mike, I LOVE your sense of humor and I appreciate your sense and sensibility. It is always such a pleasure when Terry and I can spend time with you and Di.

re: Norm...I'm one of those rare birds that can easily have bad habits become my Norm and then must work with great diligence to dissmiss those bad habits and replace them with good ones.

Cheers!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby DogMa » February 21st, 2007, 2:32 pm

What everyone else said. I worked the night shift until a few weeks ago, and lost all my weight during that time. It's really no problem at all. I started eating after I got up around 10 or 11, and ate every few hours until I went to bed around 3 a.m. My last meal was usually around 1:30 or 2, after I got home from work.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.