Fondue night

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Fondue night

Postby doglover » March 26th, 2005, 3:11 pm

I just have to share with everyone about my night last night! We had company for a short time (thrs-sat) and they brought a little guy my son's age who does not have a lot of exposure to the world at large. We decided to do several "new" things with him and one was to take him to a fondue restaurant. This was planned well before MF for me. I was not worried. I brought a packet of Cr. Brocc soup and decided to have a side salad. So we get there, I ask for a cup of hot water and the salad. Everyone else (6 others) have a 3 course fondue - cheese w/ veggies, fruit and bread; veggies and chicken in broth; and finally chocolate fondue w/ fruit, cakes and brownies. Let me tell you, I HAD THE BEST TIME!! Because we were 7 at the table and only 2 fondue pots I happened to be sitting pretty close to a pot and I got to dip everyones stuff! It was the most amazing experience to have a blast dipping food and enjoying watching them taste and try and have fun w/ the new experience and NOT HAVE ONE BIT OF CRAVING! I never felt left out as I was a dipping maniac, I never felt deprived as I was full from the salad and yummy soup! And I had the great time of socializing with family.

I was at the table and told everyone, "I can't wait to tell my online buddies what a good time this was!" I feel so released from food cravings. I did have that slip up this week w/ a couple bites of peanut butter, but the sense of not obsessing over food is so awesome!

Thanks for listening. I am hopeful that this means that when I do get to transition and maintenance that I will be able to have just one bite, or just one piece of pizza or birthday cake, and be totally satisfied and not be controlled by it's very presence!

Wow. MF is an answered prayer every day!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby raederle » March 26th, 2005, 3:49 pm

Oh, Donna, I'm so proud of you!!! That would have been *very* difficult for me, so I am truly impressed both with the fact that you dumped your cravings like a bad habit, and that you made the whole dinner into a positive, upbeat, fun night with family. That is just terrific!!!! Boy, if you can snub a three-course fondue dinner, you are going to just CRUISE right on to goal... Let nothing stand in your way!!! Congrats, girl!!! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » March 26th, 2005, 3:49 pm

Donna - HOW EXCELLENT IS THAT!!! I'm so happy for you. You had your defining food moment when you know you are going to succeed at this both now and through transition and maintenace.

We are all so happy for you - thanks for the great story!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » March 26th, 2005, 4:08 pm

Thanks guys. I was on cloud 9 all night and this morning! It feels GREAT! :exercise:
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby want2Bthin » March 26th, 2005, 4:21 pm

Donna-
Great job!! I am so glad that you all share your successes. It is so motivating for those of us who are fairly new to the program.
Angelia :lol:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 26th, 2005, 4:30 pm

My Buddy.... :thumbig: ...YOU DESERVE A HIGH FIVE!!!!....:thumbig:...
To be freed from the obsessing thoughts of food....PRICELESS....
I'm so proud of you...it was because YOU made the choice not to allow food to rule your night...I will continuely pray for your strength during transition and beyond!!!! ....
Have a Wonderful Easter

Donna

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » March 26th, 2005, 7:17 pm

OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTSTANDINGGGGGGGGG!!

That is THE most awesome feeling to experience that release and have control over your mind as well as your body!! :kool:

Have a VERY Blessed Easter!! No need to warn YOU about those CHOCO BUNNIES..........You're a CHAMP already!!

HAPPY EASTER!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby kassilou » March 27th, 2005, 5:47 pm

Good for you! Being in control of food is such a great feeling!
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

You go girl!

Postby SunnyV » March 28th, 2005, 6:22 pm

I know I'm a bit late to congratulate you, but that is soooooooooo wonderful!!!!! I know the place you described and I love it....but I, like you Donna, would love to be thin more! That was a tough test and you passed with flying colors-you weren't even tempted! You should be so darn proud of yourself! :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

I too resisted temptation; a birthday cake for my one year old nephew, Easter candy, Easter dinner-I passed on all of it and enjoyed my chili, bars and shakes. :)

That reminds me, I need to post something about the chili, I think I know why some folks have a hard time with its preparation......
SunnyV
Newbie - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room