It is currently May 21st, 2024, 8:25 am

News News of What's Shakin'

Site map of What's Shakin' » Forum : What's Shakin'

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Water Retention

Ok I am a dork and have a dumb question:

Everyone always talks about reasons people might have gained a pound or are losing slow. Often it is because of water retention. I am not that wise on the subject so I wanted to ask, What causes water retention? What are the major causes anyway? Exercise causes water retention? I know salt does.

Sorry if this is dumb but I really don't know too much ...
Read more : Water Retention | Views : 249 | Replies : 4

Last Night at Work ...

Most of you know that I've been job-hunting for a while, so I put in my notice a couple of weeks ago and tonight is my last night at work. The emotions that are flying around in my head are many and I'm just feeling a little "weird" right now. I really like the patients that I work with and the people that I am with (well, most of them), but I'm also very ready ...
Read more : Last Night at Work ... | Views : 657 | Replies : 15

Carry-on Luggage

Hubby and I are traveling via plane in September. I want to pack light. I am even mailing my medigrub for that week to Mom to assist in that goal. I know we have a lot of travelers here, so I was wondering some suggestions in luggage/tips. We will have access to a washer/dryer, so I know that will help. I heard airports are getting strict about carry-ons, so I want to be within guidelines. ...
Read more : Carry-on Luggage | Views : 265 | Replies : 4

My Son Joe's 15 Minutes of Fame

A few of you have asked me what my oldest son's "15 minutes of Fame" involved. Well, our local paper wrote a story about him and it was published today so if you're interested, here's the link.

(Be kind Unca... I don't know how to make it any neater)

www dot gilroydispatch dot com/news/contentview.asp?c=188757

You'll be able to see why I am so very proud of him for how he responded to his "moment".

Carmel
Read more : My Son Joe's 15 Minutes of Fame | Views : 418 | Replies : 7

Today is my anny

Ok so it has been 2 years today that I quit smoking....I LOVE IT!!!!! I had to tell you all cause I am so proud of myself and I know that if I can quit smoking I can loose weight.
Read more : Today is my anny | Views : 535 | Replies : 18

Abbreviations and Codes!

AHHHHHHHHH! This site has so many hidden things! What is NSV? What is Onederland? Why is there discussion over Turkeys and Muffin Tops? Someone please fill me in. I think I'm going crazy!!!!!!! :shock:
Read more : Abbreviations and Codes! | Views : 505 | Replies : 8

I'm off

Off to Tennessee but not off program. I have my RTD's all ready to go. I will be back sometime next weekend.

I will miss all of you and will not report weight loss till July 9th. I think it will be good for me to be away from the scale for awhile.

Keep shakin everyone!

Lisa
Read more : I'm off | Views : 374 | Replies : 10

Where is everyone going?

I work for an international carrier...and let me tell you...our flights are packed! So my question is....

Where is everyone going this year? Does anyone have any fun travel plans coming up?

I think in November when I am as thin as my friend Dede..I may have to reward myself with a trip to Italy. Anyone else? :D
Read more : Where is everyone going? | Views : 670 | Replies : 20

one liners

when i was larger (sad to think i could have been since i'm still so big) i used to combat discomfort with humor. ok, i still do.

i remember one time this guy kept looking at me funny.

so i asked, "does my ass make these jeans look big?"
Read more : one liners | Views : 313 | Replies : 5

My Kitty

I don't know if this is going to be random or dumb to some people, but I'm very sad right now. My 15 year old kitty has kidney failure and we're going to have to have her put down this afternoon. I'm very sad. I don't know what else to say. :(
Read more : My Kitty | Views : 813 | Replies : 17

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286