Crab-Stuffed Chicken

Add your favorite recipes.

Crab-Stuffed Chicken

Postby cydj21 » April 16th, 2008, 12:41 pm

By popular demand, I bestow upon the great MF family my crab-stuffed chicken recipe. Bon appetite!

Crab-Stuffed Chicken

First, pound out chicken breasts (more or less depending on how many people you will serve) so they are about twice as wide and twice as long end to end as before thinning them. Sprinkle each one with a pinch of kosher salt and some fresh-cracked black pepper.

In each breast pile up a few tablespoons (an estimate) of pre-cooked shredded crab meat (I had cooked this previously, seaonsed with a bit of Old Bay seasoning) and about 5-6 shredded baby spinach leaves.

Next, pull either end of the chicken breast up to meet in the middle and then tie it with string (the kind you find in a kitchen supply store, or otherwise just a strong white cotton string) on either end to keep the breast rolled up. For anyone wary of using string, it's no big deal, just tie it in a knot, clip the ends and it's good to go.

Once rolled up, hit the tops of the stuffed breasts with a bit more salt, pepper, and a dash of garlic powder and celery seed before baking at 350 for approximately 30 minutes in a glass baking dish, covered. Keep in mind - the size of the chicken breasts and the thickness once pounded out will play a large role in how long they take to cook so to be safe I would start checking the oven at about 20 minutes and then every 5 minutes thereafter.

On the side I served mushrooms sauteed with spinach. Clean and chop white mushrooms into quarters and cook over medium-high heat in a heavy bottomed sautee pan with fresh, cleaned spinach, a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I add a few tablespoons of water here and there throughout the cooking process to keep them from sticking and to use the steam to help cook them. You will probably want to very lightly spray the pan with Pam or something similar prior to cooking.

NOTE I know if you follow the MF condiment guide 100% you are still supposed to measure/monitor how much you use of things like spices. For myself, I opt to ignore that rule so long as it is something calorie/carb/sugar free, and I carefully read labels on everything to be sure it's a pure ground spice with no added sugar which I know can creep into some spice mixtures. Personally, this allows me to know I can walk away from dinner fully satisfied without adding calories into my intake, but I just wanted to make note of that in order for full disclosure.
Last edited by cydj21 on May 4th, 2008, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Mike » April 29th, 2008, 9:59 am

This looks like a dish I could fall in love with. Perhaps we will try this soon.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby cydj21 » May 4th, 2008, 7:58 pm

Mike,

Let me know if you guys give it a whirl! It was so delicious...one of those incredible meals that leaves you completely baffled that it can be that good and still on plan. I need to make it again soon myself!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to Lean Cuisine