YUMMY Sausage Stuffed Mushroom

Add your favorite recipes.

Postby Karli » November 29th, 2006, 9:53 am

TheShadow wrote: I make a pretty similar dish, except that I stuff large (cucumber sized) zucchini boats with the filling and bake until the zuchs are tender when poked with a fork. Hubby loves it and he's not medifasting.

hmmm... this sounds delicious and I would like to try it ! I want to try the recipe with mushrooms as well. But, I am curious for more info from you, Shadow, if you don't mind.

Do you gut a space for the turkey stuffing in the zuchs ? My concern when I am not measuring the protein and veggies separately is that I won't get the right porportions. So, if the zuchs get a little gutted, I am concerned it won't be enough veggie.

Okay, thanks,
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mike » November 29th, 2006, 11:08 am

What my mom used to do is gut them but add the "gut" to the meat mixture to help with the flavor. This way you don't lose any veggie. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby TheShadow » November 29th, 2006, 3:18 pm

Karli, Yes I gut them (never heard it put *quite* that way, LOL). And Mike's idea is a good one to avoid losing any zuch. I actually eat both halves of my zuch, so I'm definitely getting a cup and a half, especially if you include any chopped mushrooms or onions included in the filling. I forgot to say s&p when I was describing how to spice up the ground turkey, but I'm guessing most figured that out.
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Karli » November 30th, 2006, 8:07 am

hee hee... yeah, I was a little graphic in my description, I guess :-P .

Anyway, thanks to you both !! I bought some cucumber-sized zuchs last night, but I went for the least expensive meat I could find (that was still lean) and that was not ground turkey breast. I may try some kind of modified meal.

Thanks for the info and the ideas !

Karli
Karli

make your own turkey sausage

Postby celticmelody » April 12th, 2007, 10:41 am

You can make your own turkey sausage by mixing 1 lb of ground turkey breast (no skin) with fennel seeds, caraway seeds, and cayanne pepper. You can mix in a little Italian seasoning too.
216/203/135
celticmelody

Previous

Return to Lean Cuisine