It is currently May 6th, 2024, 5:17 am

News News of The Gymnasium

Site map of The Gymnasium » Forum : The Gymnasium

Fitness and Exercise

Light weights? Body Dome?

Hi -

I'm feeling the urge to exercise more and more often lately, but I'm not really into aerobic exercise. I was wondering if light weight training would be OK on the 5/1?

I'm thinking just biceps, triceps, chest and back. Very simple, more reps with lighter weight (I guess that makes it kind of aerobic in a way, right?). Maybe some ab work. I was thinking about getting a Body Dome, which is half ...
Read more : Light weights? Body Dome? | Views : 781 | Replies : 2

Hip Hop Abs?

Hi,
I just ordered the Hip Hop Abs DVD's and was curious as to if anyone had any experience? I HATE doing floor work (crunches, etc) and KNOW my abs need some work, so I'm giving it a try. Anyone tried it?

DeDe
Read more : Hip Hop Abs? | Views : 991 | Replies : 12

Belly Dancing

Hey gals, has anyone heard of a good belly dancing workout video? I'm already doing Pilates but I need more to firm up my belly even more. I saw on TV the other day that this is good for the legs and butt too so it'd be perfect for me! I'd love a good recommendation!
Read more : Belly Dancing | Views : 1042 | Replies : 13

How much should I be walking now?

Before I went to Hong I was walking 2 miles day most days and one mile at the least. I have no idea how much I was walking in Honk Kong but I was there 12 days and it was A LOT. I just walked a mile a few minutes ago and there was no challenge to it what so ever. On the other hand, I do not want to over-extend myself as I did ...
Read more : How much should I be walking now? | Views : 831 | Replies : 2

Anyone using the Fluidity Bar?

I have communicated with one person already about the bar & they said to try & get it for a cheaper price.

How effective has your workout been? ;)
Read more : Anyone using the Fluidity Bar? | Views : 970 | Replies : 4

Is exercise slowing my weight loss?

First, I should explain my progress so far. I started on July 31, 2006 and have lost ~97 pounds since that date. The first 84-85 came off really quickly, as I specifically remember going to the Orange Bowl on January 2 being down about 84 pounds. As far as exercise goes, I had been riding a stationary bike for 20-25 minutes (for approximately 5-6 miles per session) three to four times per week. I started ...
Read more : Is exercise slowing my weight loss? | Views : 2619 | Replies : 18

Any help would be great I want to start exercising.

So I did what was said I have not exercised the first 3 weeks. I will be going on My 4th week on Tuesday.

I want to start on my elyptical but I really dont know how much I should do. And should I do it once a day or every other day. I need to lose now 100#.

:weightlift:
Read more : Any help would be great I want to start exercising. | Views : 701 | Replies : 2

Any swimmers out there

My knee was in such bad shape that I had to stop Curves. The great news is that I discovered swimming. At first I was doing water aerobics but I kept watching these people doing laps and I really got into it. I now have goggles and am doing the breast stroke and freestyle. It is pretty amazing and the more I read about it the more I understand the benefits. Your blood pressure actually ...
Read more : Any swimmers out there | Views : 746 | Replies : 8

Trying to revive the post: DVD Swapping?

Is anyone out there still interested in swapping exercise DVD's :?:

On DVD I have:

The Biggest Loser - The Workout

Karen Voight - Burn & Firm Circuit Training

10 Minute Solution - Kickbox Bootcamp

*I am really interested in trying Turbo Jam & Yoga Booty Ballet :exercise:
Read more : Trying to revive the post: DVD Swapping? | Views : 786 | Replies : 5

The Firm is to complicated! A rant......

I have been having much success with my Walk Away the Pounds DVD, but have been wanting to try The Firm TransFirmer series. I bought it from Target this past weekend & barely did 3 minutes before I was too frustrated to continue!

They move so fast & don't give you time to learn the steps. It is back in the box & going to the store as a return immediately. ...
Read more : The Firm is to complicated! A rant...... | Views : 839 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286