It is currently May 5th, 2024, 7:31 am

News News of Maintenance

Site map of Maintenance » Forum : Maintenance

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Hallelujah! 10 months and 2 weeks after starting Medifast...

I MADE IT TO MY ORIGINAL GOAL!!!!!!! I weighed myself this morning and to my utter surprise :shock: the scale said 120.2. I honestly never thought this day would get here. I'm in total shock. For the first time in my weight loss life I actually set a goal and made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing feels better than that. I am so happy.

Thanks so much for everyone's support ...
Read more : Hallelujah! 10 months and 2 weeks after starting Medifast... | Views : 2707 | Replies : 28

still chugging along doing the maintenance thing...

i've got a few days until vacation and i've been on maintenance for a few weeks. i've lost a few more tenths of a pound. i'm at 121.1 now.

so i'm scared about vacation. will i be able to make good choices?????? how difficult will it be to exercise self control??????????? i don't want to gain a bunch of weight, but am i strong enough? i just don't know. how do other maintainers handle vacation? ...
Read more : still chugging along doing the maintenance thing... | Views : 943 | Replies : 6

A Potpourri of thoughts regarding the Big 'M'

Serendipity and others, you mentioned that maintenance scares you...
and we had dialogue about the importance of staying connected once we've reached our weight goal. I've tried to teach others to learn all we can during the weight loss phase of our program - it will help pave the way for maintenance and life long weight control.

Maintainers need to be retainers….

We are in training right now for maintenance. It is needful to retain ...
Read more : A Potpourri of thoughts regarding the Big 'M' | Views : 2222 | Replies : 17

Starting Again

I've had a rough past 6 months with fevers and massive intestinal difficulties. I'm feeling better, no more acne, looking much heathlier but i was hit with serious constipation and acid reflux. I then decided tot ake a break. Now im ready to start again.

I get horrible brain freezes where I cant really function. Caffeine makes me jittery. I do the salt thing. Anyone else have any suggestions? Need those brain cells active for ...
Read more : Starting Again | Views : 768 | Replies : 1

Still losing :) and questions...

I've been in the final stage of transition for 5 days now. i was so worried that i would gain weight. but i weighed myself and have lost another .2 :)... maybe this maintenance thing will really work!

i do have a question though... am i officially in maintenance now? or does maintenance start after i've done the last stage of transition for 2 mos?

how often ...
Read more : Still losing :) and questions... | Views : 904 | Replies : 7

Advice

I've been on the diet for awhile, struggling, but I am completing my term papers this week. I'm finding that I need more energy to fuel my brain and have considered going off the diet momentarily to really put all of my fuel into my papers. I study philosophy so it is really essential I have the resources to focus. Any advice?

Thanks!
Read more : Advice | Views : 663 | Replies : 1

Final Transition stage

Well here goes my final transition stage... As I understand it, I should be eating this way for about 2 months. I weighed this morning and had lost another .3 which puts me at 121.9. I was pretty excited about that. I added toast and another l&g yesterday. i thought i'd be stuffed but i was able to handle it and am enjoying it immensly (especially the bread)... here's how i fit it all in. ...
Read more : Final Transition stage | Views : 649 | Replies : 8

Transition -- Adding Dairy :)

Well, today will be my first dairy day. i've decided to add yogurt because i actually hate cottage cheese and most things dairy. i am looking forward to the yogurt though.

Last weigh-in I was up .5. Today i'm down .4. phew! i'm glad that so far i'm fluctuating within the 122 lbs. the fruit was good. i've had apples and oranges so far. I'm getting my groceries tonight (thank God for safeway.com) and i ...
Read more : Transition -- Adding Dairy :) | Views : 1725 | Replies : 17

Where are the other maintainers?

Hi All. I'm getting close to my goal and wanted to know how maintenance is going for you all. There aren't very many recent posts here so I'm a little concerned.
Read more : Where are the other maintainers? | Views : 652 | Replies : 11

1st week of transition down!

So my first week of transition is over. It was quite uneventful. A extra cup of veggies for a week is kinda boring to me. Although since being on Medifast, I've learned to love veggies (which is really weird for me). Anyway, I weighed today and my weight went up by .5 this week, which i don't think matters much. i didn't lose the 2 pounds so I still weigh 122. Oh well, (i'm learning ...
Read more : 1st week of transition down! | Views : 697 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286