Newbie to the Group

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Newbie to the Group

Postby Andi2 » February 1st, 2005, 3:19 pm

Hi Everyone..I just found this site..I have never done Medifast before so have been reading over info. on the web as well as on this site..I am a Mom of 2 and have about 128 lbs. to lose...I have never been this big in my life but with the loss of some loved ones...and some other stressful situations I turned to food to stuff/medicate all the feelings and have just blown up like a puffer fish!!...I know I need to deal with the emotional..as well as the physical aspects of my weight and with Gods help..I hope to start the journey here..I have been on almost every diet under the sun with limited success..I did a Hi-Energy program several years back that resembles this plan..I actually did well on it and am thinking maybe Medifast will work for me also...I have read a couple posts that mention the 5-1 plan..I would like to start with this plan..I read someone mention about starter kits?..Can you tell me is this what I need to begin the 5-1 plan and can I purchase it on this site?..Thank you for any advice or help getting pointed in the right direction..((Hugs))..Andi
Andi2

Postby raederle » February 1st, 2005, 6:16 pm

Hi Andi, and welcome! You certainly found the right place if you're lookin' for support, nice people, and lots of info...

As for your questions, I don't want to overwhelm you with too much info, but basically, the two forms of Medifast are "Full Supplement" and "5 & 1." The difference is that Full Supp means you eat nothing but MF foods for all 6 daily mini-meals; on the 5 & 1 plan you eat 5 MF foods and also one "lean & green" meal consisting of real food-- for women, 4 - 5 oz. lean protein plus 2 cups of salad or 1.5 cups of cooked veggies.

You can order from any place you like; there are several sites you can use and many health advisors (people who are trained on the ins-and-outs of Medifasting and who help you succeed, answer questions, provide support, etc. when you need it). Many of us who come to this board order through Nancy and Terry's site because the cost to us is the same, but the credit for the orders goes to the Dream Team who host this site. (They're too nice to plug this themselves, though!) If you do want to order thru Nancy & Terry, you can just go to the makemethinner dot com site and look for the "Shop Now" link. Or you can just send an email directly to Nancy (look for any of her posts and click on the "email" link below her signature) and she'll help you figure it all out.

The "starter kits" people talk about are basically a collection of 2 weeks' or a month's worth of Medifast foods, plus a written guide, that you can buy all together to get you started. You don't have to do it this way, though- you can just figure out how many weeks you'll need to "feed," and make sure you order enough of what sounds good to keep you going-- you'll need 5 supplements a day, and they can be any combination of soups, oatmeals, shakes, etc. Just remember-- only one *bar* per day, because they're higher in carbs. You can also have one packet of MF crackers per day, too-- they go great with the soups. Other allowed snacks include 2 dill pickle spears, 2 cups of bouillion (or 2 MF Fast Soups (instant, lighter soups MF makes, meant for snacking, not as a meal)), and 3 stalks of celery per day.

You should also make sure you read carefully the "FAQ" that's posted here at the Forum and on makemethinner dot com (I hafta spell it out so Mr. Snippy doesn't edit it out!). It will answer many questions...

Anyway, you have some reading homework to do! ;) We are here if you have any questions, and I hope you find a home here... Lots of folks here have had experiences similar to yours, and many of us have a long way to go, so you're in good company!

Wishing you the best!
Rae
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Thank You!!

Postby Andi » February 2nd, 2005, 6:32 am

Hi Rae..Thank you for your warm welcome and for taking the time to post all the helpful info.!! :) ...I went ahead and read through the FAQ`s section and put in my first order with a wonderful lady named Lisa..She was very helpful and I am really excited to begin!!...Thanks again!!((Hugs))..Andi
Andi

Postby Nancy » February 2nd, 2005, 10:06 am

Hello Andi and welcome to you! Also a big :hi5: high five to Rae for coming to your aid - what a great Forum Family, eh?

I was happy that you were able to talk with Lisa and she got you all squared away. She is a doll, part of our MakeMeThinner line of highly trained Health Advisors. She was in Baltimore with us this last weekend.

We will enjoy seeing less of you, Andi as you thinny away!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Andi » February 2nd, 2005, 10:47 am

Hi Nancy..Thank you for the warm welcome and yes what a great forum family!!!..I really look forward to getting to know everyone :D...Lisa was wonderful and got me all set up!!..Can`t hardly wait to get started!!..What a great inspiration you and your husbands weight loss is..as well as the rest of the forum familys!!...I am very glad to have found you all!!..((Hugs))..Andi :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Start: 02/05/05
1st Goal 10# club
256.5/247.5/128
Andi

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » February 2nd, 2005, 12:27 pm

Welcome Andi2! :wave:

We share the same formula for gaining weight. Now we share the same formula for losing it! Yes, dealing with the reasons why we overeat has to be dealt with, but it is so much easier to first get the weight off, and in the process, read and educate ourselves on the psychological side of it. When you feel good about yourself, it makes it easier I think. MF is the best tool out there in my opinion for weight management. You sound pumped up and ready to go. Let us know when you get your box!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Andi » February 2nd, 2005, 1:03 pm

Hi Camille!!...Wow you have done a super job on your weight loss..What an inspiration!!..I had to chuckle reading the note about Victoria`s secret at the bottom of your post :lol: ..That is one of my favorite stores but of course nothing in there fits me except the perfume right now..heehee..One of these days though I am going on a shopping spree;)
Can you recommend any of the books that best deal with the emotional part of this?..Yes..I am very excited about getting started..Will definetly let ya know when my supplies arrive!!..Thanks for the advice and warm welcome..((Hugs))..Andi
[/url]
1st Goal 10# club
256.5/247.5/128
Andi

Postby Nancy » February 2nd, 2005, 10:58 pm

Andi2 ~

Love your Avatar, BTW. Great book: Medifast Patient Lifestyle book and also Food is Easy, Life is Hard by Linda Spangle. Of course, Success In a Shaker Jar. All available thru our co-branded Take Shape For Life site.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Nancy » February 3rd, 2005, 8:04 pm

Hello again, Andi2 ~

You are a busy gal with two youngsters. No doubt you DID need High Energy...If you were successful with Hi Energy you will be with Take Shape For Life's featured products, Medifast as it is the same formulations and manufactured by the same company. We have a proven program to help you lose that weight and to keep it off!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Andi » February 4th, 2005, 7:55 am

I thought I had read that they were from the same manufacterer!!..That is great!!..Thanks for the info....I can hardly wait to get started :yay: :yay:
((Hugs))..Andi
[/url]
1st Goal 10# club
256.5/247.5/128
Andi

Return to Come on in.