New to the group

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New to the group

Postby KGordon » February 13th, 2005, 7:26 am

Hi,

I am new member looking for all the support that I can get this time. I have been off and on the medifast for years. I really enjoy doing the plan, I just have a hard time getting past the 280 mark. It seem like when I get to that mark I stop and allow myself to return to the 300 mark which I hate so much.

This time I will take it one day at a time. I am asking for all the help I can get.
Thanks
KGordon

Postby jene115 » February 13th, 2005, 9:27 am

You came to the right place for support. Sometimes it just takes putting one foot in front of the other, one day at a time, on hour at a time and if needed one minute at a time. Yes, it's hard to get started, even harder to get restarted but you really need to find your "why." Keep your eyes on the prize and remember that in the hard times. You can do this.
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby scrabbler7 » February 13th, 2005, 9:43 am

K - I'm very glad you found MMT -- hopefully this will be the place to provide you the inspiration and support you need to stick with it.

I am asking for all the help I can get.

All I have to say to that is -- whenever you need help, log-on and post your concern. Many members will come to your aid -- those that want to offer encouragement, those that will give you a push if you need one, or those that will cry along with you. You just have to ask!

One piece of advice that I always give is to make sure you log on EVERY sunday for roll call. It's been a good thing for me to feel that I'm "checking in". Kinda keeps you honest if you know that you are going to have to post your results each week!

Good luck to you and hope to see you here often.
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby kassilou » February 13th, 2005, 10:37 am

Welcome, K.

People here are doing amazing things, and you can, too. I'm just starting out myself, but I am finding these boards to be invaluable as everyone here understands my struggle. They are showing me that there is a way that works to lose the weight, and stressing how important it is to learn how to keep it off.

Glad you found us! Read the boards, ask questions, and hang in there!!
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » February 14th, 2005, 12:35 am

Welcome KGordon ~

I can certainly identify with your frustration of revisiting an unwanted number on your scale...for years I felt like I had walked into a strange building, walked into an elevator car to some unknown floor and some maniacal being was operating the ‘scale elevator’ of my life - the numbers of my ‘weight floors' would go up and down at will; rarely hover at any one floor long enough for me to get out of the car – it would slowly go down and then quickly return toward the previous upper floor and then suddenly bip wildly upward and beyond . It was discouraging to say the least.

The Take Shape For Life program and its Medifast products have helped me to take control of my weight and at long last, no more wild trips to infinity and beyond for me.

This weight loss journey can be your last trip, IF you dedicate all your efforts to changing your relationship with food, to getting to a healthy weight – if you want to have improved quality of life and health and a lower BMI more than you want cheesecake and pizza, you’ll be able to maintain your weight loss forever!

Here’s to your success!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Triskets » February 14th, 2005, 9:16 am

Welcome KGordon - I'm glad you're here. One thing that has really helped me this time (I'd been off and on also) is something Mike (Explorthis) said - just "GET IT DONE". I was sooo tired of on-again and off-again dieting and yo-yoing. Imagine how stressful that is to our bodies let alone our emotions.
Hang in there and you WILL reach your goal.
Whenever you need immediate help with a problem/concern, do a search on that topic. It's probably been discussed and you'll find tons of info in Nancy's monthly newsletter.
We are going to succeed and WE WANT YOU! to succeed too! We're all in this together.
Take Care
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby monkeymom » February 14th, 2005, 11:19 am

All I can say KGordon is "what they said" (see below). Everyone is right, read all you can on this site and Nancy's newsletters and the TSFL site and you will be well prepared for your journey to Sinnyville.
It's been said before, but I really must emphasize how invaluable these boards have been to me, and so many others on our journey. Lots of information, suggestions, recipes (yummy stuff), but most of all support and understanding. That's what you need to get through this, and you will.......just keep hangin with teh MakeMeThinner crowd!
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby cthrn007 » February 14th, 2005, 4:08 pm

That's right - you have come to the right place for support, ideas or even just friends to lend an ear that are on the same journey you are!!

We wish you the best of luck! You can DO THIS!! :stroll:

Looking forward to learning more about you & hearing your success story!!

Happy Valentines Day!!
~Catherine
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.