Hello! I am new to this group.

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello! I am new to this group.

Postby ILOVEMY DOG! » May 15th, 2004, 8:16 am

Hello! My name is Wendy. I am starting medifast with my sweet husband on Monday May 17, 2004. We both would like to lose about thirty pounds each so we can be in good health. I am planning a full fast and he will be doing a modified fast. My husband goes out to lunch at work every day so that is when he would like to eat the modified meal. Does anyone have suggestions as to what kind of things he should order? We understand that the meal he eats should be quite lean and an example of the "lean" meal would be most helpful. Thanks so much and my best to all!

174.5 current weight / 144.5 goal weight
When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble.
- The Buddha (6th cent BC)

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.
- Abraham Lincoln
ILOVEMY DOG!

Postby Landylue » May 15th, 2004, 12:38 pm

Hey, Wendy! I don't do the lean and green, but I did want to jump out here long enough to welcome you and your hubby to the forum. Boy, have you guys come to the right place. The support you'll receive from these folks will amaze you!

Having two people in the same household on the fast is going to either be a great advantage, or a stumbling block. I had a running coach once who told me never to get into the habit of running with anyone. When they flake out on you, you'll want to skip running that day also. Same with the fast. I can just imagine my temptation to throw in the towel if I caught my co-fasting husband with lasagne on his breath--so to speak. "Well, if HE'S not going to stick to it, why should I?!?!?"

Anyway, best of luck to you both on the program, and visit the forum often.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Guest » May 15th, 2004, 1:34 pm

Hi Landylue,
I do not feel it will be either an advantage or a stumbling block as I already have very different taste in food selections from my husband. The only time I eat with him is at dinner and he will continue to eat lunch with his collegues. Also, if I ate whatever my husband did I would need to lose twice as much. He is 6'1 and played inter-mural hockey during grad-school and loves meat especially on pizza! Thanks for the welcome! We are off to our city's pooch parade with our beloved "Sam"! Have a beautiful day! :D
Wendy

Postby ILOVEMY DOG! » May 15th, 2004, 1:41 pm

hmmmmmmmm that was funny I responded via my yahoo email account and my baby seal picture did not pop up....... well just thought I would make sure my profile was working .......... talk with you later and do not forget to hug your pet today!
Wendy :-P
When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble.
- The Buddha (6th cent BC)

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.
- Abraham Lincoln
ILOVEMY DOG!

Return to Come on in.