Newbie Couple

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Newbie Couple

Postby RyCoBlakesFolks » February 12th, 2006, 10:23 am

Hello Fellow Medifasters,

My name is Lori. My husband Jerry and I have been peeking around this site for a month or so and started the Medifast program 2 weeks ago. I knew it worked as I'd done the program 16 years or so ago (when Oprah did) and lost over 70 lbs. in four months. Unfortunately, because I never did the maintenance program and had two more babies over the years I gained it all back plus alot more! :cry: We had both been doing Atkins for a couple of months but had stalled in our weight loss so decided to check out Medifast again.

Having a support site like this is a great addition to the program and we are both very excited about it! :stroll:

I am 5'7" and began 2 weeks ago at 278.5 pounds (post Atkins where I had lost about 20 lbs.). The first week I lost 11 lbs. and weighed this morning and had lost another 10 lbs. for a total in 2 weeks of 21 pounds bringing my current weight to 257.5 pounds!!! I am soooo excited I can't stand it! :yay:

Jerry is 6'1" and started the program with me 2 weeks ago at a post Atkins weight of 351.5 pounds. (He'd lost around 50 lbs. already on Atkins but as I said, we had both stalled out.) The first week on Medifast he lost 20 pounds!!! :o Yes, you heard me right, 20 pounds in one week!!! This morning he weighed and had lost another 5 pounds bringing his 2 week total to 25 pounds in 2 weeks and a new weight of 326.5 pounds! :yeah:

This 43 year old couple is honored to join this group of losers here and delighted to be on our way to being both thin and healthy!

Jerry & Lori
RyCoBlakesFolks

Postby Unca_Tim » February 12th, 2006, 12:03 pm

Hi Lori and Jerry and welcome to the forum,
:wave:

Wow!!!....you guys aren't messing around...:)
Register here on the forum when you can, and I can add you to the goal clubs. There's also a few other features you can't see when you're signed in as a guest.

We're glad you found us.
Happy Shakin',
:cheers:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby falisamarie » February 12th, 2006, 1:06 pm

Hi Jerry and Lori!! It is so nice to have the two of you with us. I admire both of you for doing this together, not only do you have this wonderful forum but each other for support and strength! Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby cydj21 » February 12th, 2006, 2:27 pm

Welcome Lori and Jerry! :D

Congratulations on all your early success, and for tackling your weight issues as a team. It will make your journey so much easier and your success all the sweeter. :D

Welcome to the MF family and much luck for continuted success!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby sidrah » February 12th, 2006, 5:20 pm

That's amazing. I don't know what you are eating, but wow!!

It is good that you guys are doing this together. It keeps you honest :D . Good job, so far and I am sure you will soon be just where you want to be.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Marseilles » February 13th, 2006, 6:35 am

Hi! So good to see another couple in this together for the long run, it is a recipe for success! You guys are doing awesome, keep up the good work! Looking forward to getting to know you both.

-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Welcome

Postby Jan » February 13th, 2006, 7:23 am

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!!
I am soo glad you found us. We really are a great group of people all helping each other part with those pesky pounds!! In not tooo long you'll both be looking even greater and feeling more wonderful. Think how healthy you'll be by summer. Keep posting we all love to hear about each other!! :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby MusicalMomma » February 13th, 2006, 9:46 am

Hi Lori and Jerry!!! :wave: My hubby and I are doing this together too! It's a tremendous help to be doing it together!!! I'll look forward to seeing your progress and reading your posts!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lizabette » February 13th, 2006, 10:03 am

Jerry and Lora,

You guys must be doing everything right and what great progress you have already made. We all welcome you to Medifast and MakeMeThinner. You'll love us!

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby RyCoBlakesFolks » February 13th, 2006, 2:12 pm

Thanks everyone for all of your warm welcomes! :bighug:
Lori & Jerry
Started 1/29/2006

Jan. 29 - Sept. 17 (33 week losses)
Lori = 88.5 lbs. (278.5/190/160)
Jerry = 126.5 lbs. (352/225.5/210)