doing MF as a couple

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

doing MF as a couple

Postby vcille » May 14th, 2008, 7:38 pm

My dh joined me yesterday on this MF journey. I''m very proud, plus it will help me stay on track.

Anyway, I was just wondering if there were any tips for doing it together. how do you ccordinate your meals, etc?

Thanks,
Vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby cydj21 » May 14th, 2008, 8:14 pm

Hi Vicki :D

My boyfriend and I are not doing MF together, per se, but he does have my L/G when I have dinner. He has no need/cause to lose weight as he has been an athlete his whole life and is in incredibly good shape (*grumble*), but I refuse to cook two meals so we work together to consider new ways of preparing meats, picking new veggies, and getting creative with our meals. Typically, I am very much the chef in our relationship, but he likes to get involved in the kitchen so I dream up a L/G recipe and get him in on the veggie washing and chopping action and then we make sure to critique the end result together. The bottom line is...we keep it interesting and we keep it delicious and we both win. :D
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Mike » May 14th, 2008, 11:03 pm

Many do this together. My wife Diana and I have been on this journey together for a while. We just keep stuff that we each like stocked.

Its interesting, especially for L&G, because I'm not exactly the greens guy and she likes lots of em. Many times we make our lean together and have different greens. Other times, I'll cook up something tasty and she'll have it with me.

Other than that, its not that big of a deal to coordinate. We just make sure we keep things that we each like in stock.

Congrats to the hubby for joining in. We look forward to meeting him.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » May 14th, 2008, 11:24 pm

We're either each other's best supporters or worst saboteers. It's hard when cravings hit BOTH of us at the same time. Stay strong!! Don't give in!! And forgive yourselves and get RIGHT back on afterwards when you do.

Enjoy the journey, encourage each other. If you both like the same thing, make sure to order more than double. (We're to the point we just order cases of some things, like the Momentum Cappuucciinnoo).

In the end, though, you each have to OWN your individual journeys. Find what works for YOU and stick with it, and let him do the same. For example, I'm much more apt to use charts and journals (not necessarily this one) to track my progress. Mike likes more of a Gestalt approach. I know exactly how much I weigh and share it. Mike's a whole lot more private regarding actual numbers and I've learned not to hound him about it.

As for coordinating meals, we usually have some kind of quick conversation in the morning about the Lean&Green. Do I have a business lunch and he's on his own? Are we meeting someone for dinner later? Do we want to go out or stay in? Is he on the full program for the week and I'm on my own? How many Caramel Nut bars do we have left and who can live without one until our new order arrives? Are those your White Cheddar Soy Crisps or ours?

I'll say this -- it sure simplifies the whole breakfast-in-bed routine!! :)
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby vcille » May 15th, 2008, 3:10 am

Thanks for the replies

Mike.... I wouldn't hold my breath about meeting dh. He is very much not the computer person and I could never see him posting a message here.

Di,
Thanks for the advice. I def. think we will have to order lots of mom. capp.. We both love that stuff!!!!

He already says he feels better and feels like he has lost weight so I'm praying he sticks to it. It's hard because I want to control him and I know I can't. I just have to share what I know and let him decide.
vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby Diana » May 16th, 2008, 2:26 am

p.s. Vicki -- in case you haven't stumbled across it anywhere else or it's not obvious, Mike and I are married. :)

And I hear you about wanting to control!! It's hard to just let someone you love find their own way when it seems to straight and obvious. (On the other hand, I've had my share of completely avoidable obstacles, as well.)

Glad your hubster is noticing the change already!! A great start is a fantastic motivator (sp?).
Diana

Postby vcille » May 16th, 2008, 4:53 am

yes I did gather that Di!

Well, this is the first time in 12 yrs of marriage that I have actually fixed his lunch for him to go. I will be happy to help him in anyway... but I know there may come a point when he just has to decide. For instnace, he is an electric lineman (the one who gets the lights back on i nthe middle of a thunderstorm) . So if he gets called out at 3:00 am , he is going to have to make sure he has enough MF to get him through. Although I can keep some cookies etc on hand

Today is day 4 and his tummy was growling so loud this morning- I hope today gets better for him. Today is my restart day 4 and I feel better.

vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby Mike » May 16th, 2008, 9:31 am

vcille wrote:Although I can keep some cookies etc on hand

I'm assuming you mean the cookies made from the MF oatmeal... right?

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby vcille » May 16th, 2008, 10:53 am

of course! :)
vcille
vcille

Postby Diana » May 18th, 2008, 10:26 pm

You might want to try some Ready to Drink (RTD) shakes. They're great for grab-n-go, no preparation required.

They don't stick to the ribs like the regular ones do, and they really need to be in a cooler during warm weather, but they're handier than a button hole!
Diana

Postby vcille » May 19th, 2008, 3:28 am

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I'm really pround of vince- he has really stuck to it and is seeing the benefits. He says he's really determined to stick to it.
vcille
vcille

Return to Weight Loss