Couple of questions

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Couple of questions

Postby Guest » April 11th, 2006, 9:49 pm

Hi,

I will register later, but wanted to ask a few quick questions. Just started today.

Can we use Splenda for our oatmeal, etc. Can I make plain (small packs) kool-aid with Splenda and drink that?

Can we have red peppers? Like for our salad, or veggies. If not, why?

Can I use Louisianna Hot Sauce for my soups, lean and green, etc?

Thanks so much for any help.

Postby Arklahoma » April 11th, 2006, 11:40 pm

Can't answer all your questions but I know splenda is acceptable on the plan. Green peppers are on the approved veggie list in the Quick Start Guide but the other colors are not. I believe the carb content is a little higher. Soon someone else will stop by with more answers so hang in there.

:goodluck:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Re: Couple of questions

Postby MusicalMomma » April 12th, 2006, 5:57 am

Guest wrote:Hi,

I will register later, but wanted to ask a few quick questions. Just started today.

Can we use Splenda for our oatmeal, etc. Can I make plain (small packs) kool-aid with Splenda and drink that?

Can we have red peppers? Like for our salad, or veggies. If not, why?

Can I use Louisianna Hot Sauce for my soups, lean and green, etc?

Thanks so much for any help.

Splenda - yes ;)
Kool-aid - if there are calories and/or carbs in it, no. If it is calorie/carb free, yes. Just be sure the kool-aid is in ADDITION to your 64oz of pure unadulterated water.
Red peppers - no, they are a higher carb veggie (I know, I'm still bummed about no carrots!)
Louie Hot Sauce - Carbs? Calories? Fat? Can't really answer that one with certainty w/o that info. If it's calorie/carb free, go for it. If not, post the ingredients and we can try to help you further :)

Welcome to the board :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Guest » April 12th, 2006, 6:48 am

Thanks so much everyone! I really appreciate the quick replies.

The hot sauce has no calories, carbs, protein, etc. It does have sodium. So I am guessing it is fine, thank God. I have always used it alot, and believe it will help me eat some of the soups and things on Medifast. :oops:

The Kool-aid is also free of carbs, sugars, proteins, etc. I am glad. It is easy for me to whip up a gallon with some Splenda and it tastes good. Been using it for a month or so even before deciding to do Medifast. I am trying to get the water in, but it is hard. This is my 2nd day. I just need something "extra" to drink with my big meal. It just tastes better. lol

Thanks again.

Postby Pashta » April 12th, 2006, 6:49 am

Hey there! Well what they said above, plus I just bought some Frank's Red Hot for my chili and it's totally safe, no carbs and i don't think even any calories, so I would assume most hot sauces would be fine. Just read the label like they said!
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » April 12th, 2006, 10:52 am

Just remember with the hot sauce, those numbers are PER SERVING. If you go through a whole bottle in a day, it has calories. And carbs. But a few shakes in your soup is fine.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss