Newbee

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Newbee

Postby Lil'Bit » October 16th, 2004, 4:38 am

I'm Lil'Bit and I am new to Medifast. I just ordered and haven't received it yet. I am 5'2 and about 158lbs. I need to lose about 30lbs.
I ordered off the Medifast website and didn't know what to pick. Got a 2 week supply of the 55, 5 and 1 plan. Didn't know if it would work and I wasn't going to pay over $300 for a product that doesn't work. Also bought some chili and crackers and salad dressing. ANY advice would greatly be appreciated to get me off to the right start. If I ordered something I don't need to take right now, like the chili, crackers, please let me know. Any hints to success would be appreciated too. There is no time limit for me or upcoming event to lose weight, I just want to get healthy and be the best God intended my body to be. I found medifast through the search engine. There was a lady at church who lost alot of weight and only told people she learned to eat right. She found out she had diabetes and needed to lose it. So I searched for a diabetes diet and found medifast and it can be used by people who don't have diabetes. Which I don't have. Anyway, I am going to post my before picture on the website as soon as I figure out how to do it. PLEASE, ANY ADVICE WOULD BE WELCOMED!!!!

In His Love,
Lil'Bit
Lil'Bit

Welcome!

Postby LongWay2go » October 16th, 2004, 5:16 am

Hi Lil'Bit,

Welcome to this forum! Trust me, MediFast works! Look at my stats and read the posts from others to see their stats. Many here have lost 50 to 100 pounds and even more! I'm not going to give you "meal" advice. Personally, I have a lot of weight to lose and have been on the "full fast" during my first 10 weeks. I'll leave suggestions to the more experienced folks around here, but I did want to welcome you to our happy forum family and wish you well. Believe in yourself and all things are possible!

~Gerald aka Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 16th, 2004, 10:53 am

Welcome Lil'Bit! :wave:

Nice to meet you, and happy you found this forum! When I ordered, I had no idea if it would work for me, but decided to try. I was on Medifast for 5 days and then found this forum. The best advice I would offer would be to read through the posts here on this forum like I did when I first started. I read every one of them, but you may not want to do that so instead browze the topics, and read those of interest. There's good advice in the frequently asked questions section for beginners. Also read the suggestions in Lean Cuisine to jazz up your chili, etc.

You're gonna be amazed at how well Medifast works. I, like just about everyone here, have been on every diet out there, but there is NOTHING like this plan. All you have to do is follow it and don't cheat. That's always easier said than done when talking about dieting, but once you see the scale going down, that's gonna be your inspiration to avoid the enemy foods. Let us know when you're starting, and again, welcome aboard!

A MF Pal,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby fedup » October 16th, 2004, 6:08 pm

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
:wavie:

I'm still kinda new myself, but I'm now 20 days down! This forum was actually one of the things that motivated me to try Medifast (MF) I had been looking into it for months, and during I search I stumbed across this forum. Hearing everyone's successes and genuine support stories convinced me that this was the right program for me! So welcome aboard, and let us know when your starting and how it's going. You asked about what products people use... I do full fast, (no 5-1 with a meal option) My full fast is 3 shakes, 1 soup w/ MF crackers, 1 bar. Other people do all shakes, some do the 5-1 plan with a meal. You just gotta go with what works for you! :-P
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby DutchChoc » October 17th, 2004, 8:11 am

Yup to what my friends have told you, above. Welcome, and may this bring you the improvements that you seek. You can expect to feel fine the whole time, even on the shakes only, if you choose to do it that way (my sense is that not many do).

Stay tuned in at this forum for a sense of continuity and belonging and even PURPOSE when you feel weak. There's lots to learn from the others and don't be shy to ask. Good luck.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Welcome!

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » October 22nd, 2004, 1:35 pm

Hi LilBit!
I am also a newbie having started on 10/18/04
I am on the 5 and 1 plan and it is working very well.
I love the chili as well and have had it for lunch a few days.
I always add some chili pepper which makes it tastae awesome!
I wish you well and God Bless,
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to Come on in.