New Start

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New Start

Postby monkeymom » February 19th, 2008, 9:23 am

Hi there everyone. I have posted a couple of times lately, but not formerly introduced myself to the forum - which is pretty much all new peeps for me :)

I had great success with MediFast a couple of years ago, and was also quite successful at keeping the weight and eating under control for about a year - woohoo :) . But then life took some nasty turns - suicide of a very dear friend's hubby, exceedingly stressful couple of semesters of graduate school - on top of still working full time and raising my four kids, etc.

So all those old, very bad habits crept back in, and by the time I realized I was packing on more than a couple of extra pounds, I was just too stressed to put the needed effort in to keep it under control.

Well - those days are gone. I will finish my MA in history this semester - God willing I pass my comprehensive exams! I will be able to teach a couple of classes at community college next semester - again, if I pass those comps! Oh - and I quit my job of 10 years so I could make sure I had plenty of time to read the 60+ books required to prepare for comps. Lots of changes in my life lately - but good ones this time!

The bottom line? I finally feel like I am just about through this journey that started in the Fall of 2001 - back to college for change of career - and it was time to take control of my health. So, back on plan as of January 29. Things have been rolling along very well - except for the couple of days when we had a water main broken in our house...eeeeeeewwwwwww.

Unca or Mike, could you please take me out of the 60# club? I had totally forgotten about that! But I am down 15 pounds now, so please make changes accordingly. Thank you very kindly :)

To everyone else - this is a fantastic support forum! I will be posting quite rarely from now until the end of April (when I am done with comps), because I can not drop in and post and then run out. I would spend far too much time reading everyone's success stories, advice, etc., so I must seriously limit my visits here. I am eager to be able to get to know all better - again, when comps are done.

My best to you all!!
Vicki
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 19th, 2008, 9:56 am

Hi Vicky,
Sorry to hear about your hardships lately, but it's great seeing you back.
Keep us posted.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Triskets » February 19th, 2008, 11:48 am

Hi Vicki - Welcome Back! You sure have had your hands full. I admire what you've done AND taking care of 4 kids! SUPERMOM!
Now it's time to take care of you and get rid of those extra pounds. I just restarted on 2/9 and I take it day to day just like everyone else. But you already knew that since you've had success in the past.
I'll look forward to talking with you in the future!
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby kmr » February 19th, 2008, 12:21 pm

Welcome back Vicki! :wavie: I'm starting over again too. I can't wait until this Friday to put my new order in! I've been so anxious to re-start, but I get paid every 2 weeks :x so it seems like forever waiting for my first paycheck (also started new job.) All the best to you. :D
Last edited by kmr on February 19th, 2008, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Mike » February 19th, 2008, 12:46 pm

Welcome back Vicki.

8)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.