re-start

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

re-start

Postby mom23boys » January 1st, 2006, 1:25 pm

Hello, this is my second time on medi-fast. I did it before for about a week and then strayed from the plan and gave up. This time I started the December 26th and am doing fine.

I read a post somewhere about New Year's Resolutions and thought I'd mine. For about the last 5 years, my resolution has always been to lose x number of pounds. This year, I changed it up a little. For 2006 I am going to do my absolute best on medi-fast and incorporate exercise and healthy thoughts. Whatever weight I end up by the end of 2006 is the weight I'm accepting. I know it sounds kinda strange, but I've spent way too many years of my life struggling with my weight and food. So this is it. I'm doing medi-fast where all of the choices have been made for me and am keeping busy doing things that really matter to me (besides obsessing about my weight).

anyway, I sure could use all of the support/advice anyone cares to offer.

Ellen
mom23boys

Starting again

Postby Jan » January 1st, 2006, 1:51 pm

Hi Ellen,
The good news is along the way using the M.F. program you will gain different eating patterns. Your tummy will shrink so it rebells when you try to stuff it toooo much. :D Plus, I think your tastes change as well and sweet things are toooo sweet and fatty things toooo fatty. So it helps us when we incorporate regular food into our eating programs.
Another advantage is of course it does take our emphasis off food. Just open the packet and mix. No weighing, measuring (except for the lean and green of course -- but that soon becomes habit) or figuring out what in the world we can eat. It is an easy program that really works. Another important thing is support and here it is -- the forum. Post frequently and the members will help you out and cheer for you along the way!!
Be very very compliant on program and the pounds will be flying away soon.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » January 2nd, 2006, 12:30 pm

Dear Mom23boys ~

Thanks for writing out your resolution. Sometimes seeing it in black and white is a good way to commit.

For about the last 5 years, my resolution has always been to lose x number of pounds.

I used to work towards a certain number of pounds, too or looking better. Once I began my weight loss program and realized how much better I felt, I realized that being overweight ade me feel crappy. I changed my focus from losing weight to gaining health!

I am thankful that you have started the year off in such a positive direction - taking better care of YOU will mean that you will have more energy and a positive outlook - that is bound to show up in your relationship with your three boys. Obviously those guys mean the world to you - thus your screen name - so with every shake or serving of Medifast oatmeal or soup you slurp, you are getting healthier for them, too!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.