Hi, I'm about to start...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

okay i'm medifasting now!

Postby TheShadow » May 30th, 2006, 10:44 am

I started this morning. My official start weight is 200.5 not the 203 I put on my ticker. Man, the oatmeal is awful! I'm gonna have to do something to disguise that vitamin taste. The peanut butter bar was great! My hubby is anxious to help anyway he can and I am feeling very optimistic.
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Serendipity » May 30th, 2006, 10:54 am

Hi shadow,

As soon as the sugar is out of your system, things will start tasting better.....at least that's how it happened with me. I hated the oatmeal when I first tried it, but by week 3, it was my favorite!

Good luck with the program and welcome to the forum!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 30th, 2006, 1:36 pm

Welcome to TheShadow!!! We're glad you're here and wish you the best of luck in your weight loss endeavors.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 30th, 2006, 1:59 pm

Hi Shadow,

Hope the first 3-4 days go well for you. I'm in the SAME boat as Jo, the things I didn't like at first, I ended up liking after I got the sugar out of my system...by week 3 I LOVED the apple cinammon oatmeal! Hope tastes change for you as well! If not...there's always the swap and exchange forum!

I'm so thrilled you're shaking with us!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » May 30th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Tastes definitely change. I was a confirmed, lifelong oatmeal hater, and now I love the stuff. I've never gotten a taste for the peanut butter bars, though.

If you find you really can't tolerate something, even after some time on the plan, you can always swap it for something else in that area of the forum.

Welcome, and good luck to you!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Aerie » May 30th, 2006, 4:38 pm

Shadow. I am just as new as you, started yesterday. I also really love beer and wine. I have been drinking a glass of either every night with dinner for years. I also have a large collection of wines at home so I know how you feel. All I can say is nothing is as important as MF is right now and it's not like the world is running out of beer and wine. It will still be there for us when we finish.

Just imagine how good the beer will taste when you drink it at the beach in a tiny little bathingsuit. :mrgreen:
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby emarooster » May 30th, 2006, 5:16 pm

Hi Shadow,

I'm new here too and I can relate to your story. I am 5'6" and weight 190, currently. 206 was my all time high. I exploded during puberty. I found out in my late 20's that I have an endocrine problem and obesity is a primary side effect. I just had the right lobe of my thyroid removed due to follicular adenoma (not cancer, but it was growing down my neck to just above my collar-bone). Because I still have the left lobe I may not need synthroid. I'll have my blood levels monitored for a while to see what happens.

My husband has always been congenitally thin. He could eat anything at any time and never gain an ounce. At first he could never understand what my problem was. I should just diet, lose the weight, and that's that :shock: . He didn't mean to be cruel, he was just young. After 25 years of watching me struggle with my weight he has learned a touch more compassion.

I don't drink any, but I make up for by being a total carb junkie. Refined sugar and white flour in any combination was my friend. Breads, cakes, pasta, pastries, you name it and I ate it. :bib:

Thanks for letting us know what your first days have been like. I will be starting next week and I really appreciate all the information. Keep up all the effort. I look forward to joining you all next Monday.

Em
Our family motto: "We Put the FUN in Disfunctional!"
emarooster
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby TheShadow » May 31st, 2006, 11:24 am

Thanks for the great welcome everybody. This is a very friendly board. I survived day one very nicely. I wasn't hungry or headachy. Today I tried the oatmeal again but I doctored it up with some sugar free and carb free maple syrup. That helped a lot to drown out that strange chemical / vitamin taste. I don't have any problem drinking the required water because I usually drink that much anyway. I keep a big (32 oz) sippy cup on my desk at work and just drink that twice. I love crystal light lemonaid so there's that too. I was thinking about substituting artichokes for asparagus and I looked it up on the atkins chart. OMG!!! It has 33 grams carbs! So acrtichokes are a no-no. So far so good...I'll post again in a few days and let you know how it's going.
TheShadow
TheShadow

Postby Bonnie » May 31st, 2006, 4:41 pm

Welcome Shadow

I am so glad that you are already on the forum. We can all give you the encouragement you will need to stick to the program. Once you start having the medifast meals every 2 1/2 - 3 hrs your body will love how it feels, especially once you get through the first week. You will start feeling energized.

Be sure to read through the Quick Start book so you understand how the program works.

You will look and feel so much better in no time flat.

Welcome aboard!!!
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby TheShadow » June 2nd, 2006, 11:13 am

:D Day4 is here and I've lost 4 lbs so far. I haven't been hungry hardly at all. I had some celery when I got home from work yesterday and that tided me over til dinner. Hubby is definitely on-board to help. He asked me if my pants were looser yet! I told him to give it a few more days...
The hard part is that we have a lot of trips and fun things and trips planned this summer and I've got to learn how to eat out and not go off plan.
TheShadow
TheShadow

Previous

Return to Come on in.