Hi, I'm about to start...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi, I'm about to start...

Postby TheShadow » May 24th, 2006, 2:04 pm

..the program. I've ordered my products and am waiting for delivery. I'll tell you all the ugly facts and hopefully find a support partner who can identify. I'm 47 years old, 5'4", 203 lbs. I've haven't told anyone my real weight in years. I won't even tell my DH. I want to get down to 132 lbs. I weighed 125 my whole life until I was divorced in 1993. After that I went up 5-10 lbs ayear and then I weighed 165 in 1997. I went on phen-fen and lost 33 lbs. I looked great! Within about a year I was back at 165 and since then have gained about 5-10 lbs a year. I have tried to diet and I exercise regularly, but I'm severely hypothyroid, and even on meds I can't seem to lose. I really don't eat that much, I'm not big on sweets. I think pasta and bread can be my downfall. I also don't eat frequently dutring the day. And here's a problem, I like my beer and wine. I'm disgusted with my appearance and my love life with DH has dwindled pretty significantly. I am so ache-y and clumsy at this weight. I want so much for this to work. I'm honestly ready to try anything. I am going to follow this to the letter. I've already quit alcohol this week and I am drinking a lot of water. DH is on-board to help me any way he can. Unfortunately it is hard for him to relate. We are like the Sprats. He can eat all day and not gain an ounce, in fact he is underweight. But he wants me to be happy and healthy and I know he's going to try and help. So as soon as my supplies come in, I'm on my way...
TheShadow

Postby Adriana » May 24th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Welcome to MF. Everyone here is great, supportive, and very motivating. I myself just started today and i've been getting so much support that it's been making it easy for the first day. Good luck to you and feel free to ask any questions. :toast: here's to our success.
Adriana
250/225/199
Start date 5/24/06
Adriana
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Ketann » May 24th, 2006, 2:57 pm

Welcome Shadow :). I can relate with hubby's great metabolism. My hubby eats like a horse then works it off. It took me 7 years of meat and potatoes to put ten pounds on him. Sadly, I gained 90 pounds :(.

Before I started Medifast, I learned to put myself in a "mode" (what I call it)
when preparing him anything - that includes cakes and cookies. :| It's been working great. If I feel temptation I just think of myself smaller and healthier, drink a glass of water or herbal tea, or find something to keep myself busy. A lot of times I just come here! :mrgreen:

I've been on tons of diets, but had no willpower, or was just discouraged. I honestly don't know what it is about Medifast that keeps me going, but it has.
I have had no complaints about the food. Be sure to read the lean Cuisine forum, because there are great tips and recipes on preparing the Medifast food.

I wish you the best Shadow.

Hugs,

Keturah
Ketann
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Tiolazz » May 24th, 2006, 3:08 pm

Welcome Shadow....

I am 48, just turned 48 on the 13th, I am a little taller than you but started out at 225 and would like to get down to 150, so we are about in the same boat.

I, like you, really didn't eat that much, just ate the wrong things and not the right portions when I did eat. I never ate breakfast, and would maybe have 12ozs of ANY liquid during a 24hour period, unless of course it was wine or beer, so I can definetely relate.

I have been on the program now since March 31st, haven't had any alcohol, (well had one slip last friday night due to emotions), but have now lost over 25 lbs.

You can do this, it is the easiest diet plan I have ever been on, and I mean easy as far as the preparation time and the meals. No Diet is ever easy, but this is the 1st one that I have ever been able to stick with longer than a month or so.

We are all here to help you and if you ever have any questions, :?: , or just need any support, just post here or feel free to pm me. I would be happy to help in any way I can.

Good Luck, and welcome to the group...

Terri
Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby loriannk » May 24th, 2006, 3:10 pm

Hello & Welcome Image

We are all here for the same reason, to lose weight and get healthy. You will never be alone. This forum is the best for info and all the support you need.

Good Luck!

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Elke » May 24th, 2006, 4:50 pm

Hi there Shadow, welcome to the group. I know what keeps me on mf...its these great people. I have been on it a week now and already lose 8 lbs. Feels wonderful. You will be able to do this plan, I'm sure of it.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » May 24th, 2006, 8:24 pm

Welcome Shadow...you have definitely come to the right place. Just hang in there with the rest of us!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nicole81 » May 25th, 2006, 2:26 am

Hello Shadow! I just wanted to let you know that medifast is great! I have struggled to get off weight for years and this one works! It isn't always easy but it totally works if you stick to it! YOU CAN DO IT!
-NICOLE
243 highest weight in 10/05
238 BEFORE MEDIFAST 1/06
STARTED MF 3/6/06 @ 230
230/190/130

Going to restart soon. Now 229 had my baby boy 7/14/07. Ready to get Shakin'
Nicole81
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » May 25th, 2006, 4:32 am

Welcome to the group Shadow! We are all here if you ever need anything at all.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby PJinCali » May 25th, 2006, 5:01 am

Welcome Shadow!

We are happy you joined the team. We all get some great support and information on this forum. Good luck with the program.

:goteam: :goteam: :goteam: :goteam: :goteam:
20#5-21 - 120# forecast 3-3
40#7-09 - 130# forecast 4-2
60#8-31 - 140# forecast 5-2
80#10-22- 150# forecast 6-2
100#12-30 – 160# forecast 7-2
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 25th, 2006, 7:46 am

Hi, Shadow, and welcome! :D

Although I don't drink, I can relate to the hypothyroidism. Having Grave's, I was radiated twice for conversion to become hypothyroid, and like you, I am now on a lifetime med. If you follow the program, drink the 64oz of water, you will lose weight. Maybe, we are losing a bit slower than what I call the 'youngsters' on here!!, but the weight will come off. Watch and see. You really have to be monitored by a physician, as your lab values are going to change with the weight loss, therefore, incurring med dose changes. Shadow, this program is so worth it in how you are going to feel and how you are going to look!

One more thing, if you are taking Synthroid or any other similar med, don't take it at the same time you are eating a meal with soy in it. It can upset the apple cart, med-wise.

I enjoy Cappuccino or the Cocoa with coffee added on all mornings. Non-soy products. Then, your med can be taken at the same time. Otherwise, wait two hours to eat after your med, which really isn't recommended, as we are supposed to eat within an hour of rising. Kind of conflicting, but when it comes to meds, taking one's meds is more important than MF protocol for that one meal.

Good luck with the program. Feel free to PM me should you have any questions about 'our ailment'!! And, when you need support, you can find none better than logging on to this forum and letting everyone help you, encourage you, answer your questions or just share with you! Joan
Ct. Yankee

Thanks all

Postby TheShadow » May 25th, 2006, 9:45 am

Thanks for the great welcome. It's good to know that I'm in good company. My MF will be delivered Friday I think, but I'm going to wait til after the holiday weekend to start. Don't want to set myself up to fail. I think it will be hardest just to get into the routine of eating at 2-3 hour intervals everyday, but once I'm into that routine I know that I'll be able to cope. As long as I can look forward to one decent meat/veg meal per day, I can hang with eating the supplements. Some ladies who work in my building have used a similar program and they look great, that is so motivating. I usually quit diets after the first week because there is no loss after the initial water weight and then I think "what good is it doing?". I'm know the quick and steady loss on a weekly basis will be a big motivator for me. I'll update you all after my first couple of days.

PS. How do I make myself a weight ticker?? for my sig
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby supermom » May 25th, 2006, 10:48 am

Hi and Welcome to the club!! Glad to have you here. This will work for you, if you make the commitment!!

:goteam:
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 25th, 2006, 12:26 pm

Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 25th, 2006, 10:37 pm

Hi Shadow!

Glad to meet you! Have a GREAT weekend and read the quick start book so you know what you're in for!

I'm so happy you've joined us and I wish you many successes on the program!

My whole family has thyroid issues (mom's side is hypo, dad's side is hyper), but I've dodged the bullet so far.

Ask us anything you need and someone will be around to help you shortly!

DeDe
dede4wd

Next

Return to Come on in.