I am NEW........Have 140lbs to lose

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

I am NEW........Have 140lbs to lose

Postby Success4ME » December 1st, 2004, 5:02 pm

But, I don't know...........will this affect my gall bladder?, Can I really lose 3-5 lbs every week? If i choose to do complete suppliments and decide on some days that I want a salad, or 1 small serving of sugar free applesauce can I have it? Popcorn? This is so expensive, and my hubby just lost his job....so we are strapped, is there any help you can get for this? Anyway any advice will be appreciated.Looking forward to start soon, oh yeah......how much is average to spend monthly?...........Thanks Again..... :D
Success4ME

Postby Karen » December 1st, 2004, 8:25 pm

I don't think you can half way do the program, it just wouldn't work that way. Full fast or a 5 and 1. As for the expense, that was a bit of a problem for me too. But then I figured I had already spent a small fortune on "diets". Even just buying ONLY "healthy" foods is expensive. I was to the point that a gastric bypass was going to be my only option and even after insurance paid, my portion would still be well over $2,000!. If I did nothing, I was going to die. Too much family history of diabetes, heart problems etc. At the very least, my quality of life was doomed. Already there were things I wanted to do but couldn't. I finally decided I couldn't afford NOT to Medifast. I figure it is about $10 a day. I know I spent more than that on groceries. I don't want to be fat anymore...... I've been on MF 3 weeks and I have not felt this good in years. I've already been able to stop a medicine that cost $50 a month. I expect to be off 2-3 more meds in the coming weeks. Don't tell anyone, but I would somehow pay ten times this amount to feel this good from now on. The bottom line is, it is my health, well being and happiness at stake.... I am worth ten bucks a day!!! Good luck!!
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby susan » December 9th, 2004, 7:04 pm

Karen,
you are so right .I do not haft to take diabetics medicine any more and I feel so much better.It is worth the price but I to struggle to pay for it but I couldn;t have lost the wt. without it I still have 40 or 50 pounds to go acording to how I look and feel.
susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nite Izes » December 24th, 2004, 12:49 am

I would like to say it is best to speak with your doctor to see what route to take regarding weight loss and guide it with your health. As for me, due to my health, my doctors approved Medifast for my weight loss and did not recommend that I be on a FULL Medifast due to existing medical conditions. I take my Medifast but have a sensible portioned dinner that includes something that has protein such as fish or chicken breast and vegetables. I also have as a snack something that is low in carb and carbohydrate. With Medifast, it helped me lose weight, since on my own using a low calories, low carb diet was not working successfully. Medifast has fiber and just the right amount of nutrients that your body needs. One of the things I noticed is that I do not get tired or my energy is depleted as in other types of dieting. I also take vitamins and calcium supplements.

Each person is unique according to your lifetstyle, environmental factors and health. Eventhough I do eat a regular meal and am on Medifast, I still lost weight as you can see from my data below, but at a slower rate compare to others. Medifast has helped me along the way. I was in the beginning of Jan 2004 weighting in at 303 lbs and about 170 lbs overweight. I started Medifast at the end of March and I am now about 99 lbs overweight. The idea is to lose weight, I did not care whether I lose it fast or slow. What really matter to me is that I lose the weight and keep it off. Medifast helped tremendously. Another important note to add is that since losing almost 70 lbs in a 10 months period, my skin is not saggy or flabby as those who had weight loss surgery, hence I do not need to spend extra cash $$$$$$$ getting cosmetic surgery to remove excess skin and I am 41 years old, not a spring chicken here. I can take that extra cash that would have gone to some plastic surgeon and use it on myself for whatever I want.

The only thing being on Medifast one day and off the next may not be a good idea. Maybe you can do as I and have Medifast each day but also include a portioned meal. Somedays just a deli slice of chicken breast is enough for me with grilled zucchini and onions. My doctor recommended that my meal include low fat, low carb, high protein and especially ZERO transfat. I also use yogurts. Just read the labels on all foods you tend to use as part of your meals.

You must also drink a minimum of 64 oz (8 glasses) of water, that also helps with keeping your body from dehydrating. I drink more than that in a day by reusing my store bought water bottles (or those that I considered a taboo - plastic soda bottles) and carrying that around with you all day (it has become a part of me that I am used to lugging it around and consider it a part of me and my best friend). I just keep adding filtered water (quick way is to boil water, let it cool, then add into the bottles) and store them in the fridge. I tend to use the 32 oz bottles and know if I drink 2 of those that is 64 oz. I drink about 2 1/2 of those bottles a day. Wishing you the best. From someone NOT on a full Medifast.
(303)285/208/140
start date: 3/27/04
BMI=55.4 New BMI= 38.0
WT Loss= -95/-77
GOALS
√ 1st goal= 250 BMI= 45.7
√ 2nd goal=219 BMI= 39.9
3rd goal = 191 BMI= 34.9
4th goal = 163 BMI= 29.8
5th goal = 140 BMI= 25.6
Nite Izes
Preferred Member - 70# Club